Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    First Lieutenant

Default Re: Stargate: Golden Dawn 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Awinita View Post
    I wonder how the Alesians would react to the Triumvir Republic......

Hurrin
    Shangeili
    Unggoy

Those three races, the Huriin are feline, they have High Elf type names, the Unggoy are Grunts from Halo yes, so they have typical Grunty names like Yingda and Yodin, and Duffen, and Bofafo and such their technology is pretty much right from halo, though enhanced with Ancient tech, though they regard that Atlantis was inspired by Forerunner arcitecture. So they meet the Ancients at what they call Installation First Meeting, which is actually the Ark from Halo 3. they know there are planets made by the Forerunners, {shield worlds} and also the Portal Device on Earth, which they may soon make their way to to use....

But I wonder though now, how would these Republic, which defend their space like nuts {The Unggoy have three planets and dozens of space stations to themselves given by the Ancients and such} the Huriin, the felines regard where Bastet once lived as holy ground, they are also looking for the remains of Lod Yu's holdings.

Meanwhile the republic also possess World Devestator technology in their CSO class ships. which are massive massive things
    I recognize the Sangheili and Unggoy races from Halo. Almost thought the Hurrin were another name for the Furling lol. Could you give us an example of their names?

Wonder how well well they incoprorate the tech tho; b/c In the Halo game Cortana mentions that the Covenant doesn't utilize their scavenged Forerunner tech efficiently.

Before the game devs revealed what the Forerunners were like, it was brilliant that some Xover writers had the Forerunner turn out to be the Ancients.

Does Earth in this reality know of these races thru Halo?
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Quote Originally Posted by StargateWatcher View Post
    I recognize the Sangheili and Unggoy races from Halo. Almost thought the Hurrin were another name for the Furling lol. Could you give us an example of their names?

Wonder how well well they incoprorate the tech tho; b/c In the Halo game Cortana mentions that the Covenant doesn't utilize their scavenged Forerunner tech efficiently.

Before the game devs revealed what the Forerunners were like, it was brilliant that some Xover writers had the Forerunner turn out to be the Ancients.

Does Earth in this reality know of these races thru Halo?
    A few examples of Huriin names; Fleetmistress Ewywn, a black and white striped nine and a half foot tall alien feline woman, Kelona, Chiefg medic for the Council, basically the Council of the three races that form the republic have a High Councilor, a Vice High Councilor which is noremally the high councilors mate or imediate next of kin, then they have secretary level as if part of a Presidents cabint {High and Vice are pretty much President and Veep} the council is made up of various groups, medical, army, FleetsMasters/Mistresses {four, one for each fleet}, and also money keepers and the like.

I'd think no, they would not know of the Republic, since in this universe as a whole the republic formed when the Grunts & Elites rebelled against the Prophets, then using the Forerunner ship in Halo 2 destroyed te Prophets Holy City and fled to the Brute homeworld which they then glassed. It was through the machinations of the Huriin that they were able to do such thing in the first place. the brutes and prophets then died off and the Republic, newly formed, left for another galaxy fro mtheir own. the revere Forerunner technology and use it only sofar {in the case of World Devestator technology which they actually figured out how to use, its pretty much similar to how the Ark makes a Halo}

The Ancients however are not the Forerunners, though they were inspired by them, instead they found several Forerunner items and buildings deep within the Earth and two other planets {Reach and Zuriis} upon investigating the places further the arcitecture inspired them to make some city ships like Atlantis and the like.

It was then on a fateful day about 900 million years ago in the time of the storyline that the Triumvir Republic found the Ark, which they now call Installation First Meeting in the middle of deep space. in the void between galaxies. They found the Ancient warships there and seeing the ancients on the Ark they attacked in order to drive them off the Holy Ground, however a peace treaty was brokered and the four races then traded technology

To the Ancients was given the Wormhole drive, which the Triumvir Republic calls a Slipspace drive. In return the ancients gave knowledge, some technology, and some much needed food supplies and planets to call home.

Lots for another thread I am sure, but it is worth thinking about and personally I'd like Amann's thoughts on this idea

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete

"Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

True--altho I was wondering if we could bring about an xover by actually having the Alesians end up in this different universe, b/c my Furling are allied with Earth too like the Alesians are.

Have started writing a tentative draft which I'd like you to scrutinize in all fairness b/c it's 1/2 your story tho. First tho, I'd thought to include for Alesians: Amann, and maybe Galadriel and Demos for the other Alesian H.C. members as well as Ayen and some other Alesian generals and some legates in this scene. We'll definitely discuss the final Alesian characters present for this xover chapter one and also the Furling characters present for chapter one. I'm thinking Il'ras, Tran'duil. Ettrian and some other military officers, the Prime Executor and some Executory Grand Component (equivalent to Earth govt's Executive Branches) Department Executors.
    It would be interesting....I could see an Alesian expeditionary fleet coming into contact. Such fleets in my rebooted story are converting worlds. After the time stasis wore off, Amann realized that outright conquering was impossible, so the Empire had to adopt a new face or benevolent facade. So what they have been doing for 5 years was sending fleets to nearby worlds to assimilate like in original story. They offer tech, protection, education, and wealth to get what they want.

Let's put it this way, the Alesians absolutely love the Goa'uld in that it is a convenient boogeyman to scare the locals with. In principle, they loathe the snakeheads for being practitioners of slavery and genocide. Even the cold and ruthless Alesians aren't genocidal. Hence why when Amann goes insane, it happens that way.

I do not know how the Alesians would react to the presence of a Republic made up of the Halo races and a bunch of high elves.....wary at the very least, especially if they hold Ancient tech. They wouldn't think much of the grunts as fighting soldiers.....they would be almost derisive of them for being cannon fodder.
    http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../amcopyim0.jpg

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Quote Originally Posted by Amann View Post
    I do not know how the Alesians would react to the presence of a Republic made up of the Halo races and a bunch of high elves.....wary at the very least, especially if they hold Ancient tech. They wouldn't think much of the grunts as fighting soldiers.....they would be almost derisive of them for being cannon fodder.
    Felines actually, they just have High Elf names, and also some Dark Elf names from Warhammer, if only I can find a Warhammer name generator >.< and most of their tech predates the Ancients, so nothing to really worry about unless the Alesians want Slipspace drives

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

First Lieutenant

[QUOTE=Amann;13401360]It would be interesting....I could see an Alesian expeditionary fleet coming into contact. Such fleets in my rebooted story are converting worlds. After the time stasis wore off, Amann realized that outright conquering was impossible, so the Empire had to adopt a new face or benevolent facade. So what they have been doing for 5 years was sending fleets to nearby worlds to assimilate like in original story. They offer tech, protection, education, and wealth to get what they want.
    [/QUOTDE]

So this would be in a reality in which neither Alesians or Furling have met Earth in the modern-day yet. We 'd have to think about a conflict in which the Alesians insist on getting what they want and the Furling, out of principle, refuse to cede whatever it is they want. It could be the Alesians come into a conflict with a Furling ally which belongs to the West Triangulum Defense Organization (WTDO) and the Furling dutifully reinforce their allies.

Good--we're making some progress on the plot outline of a crossover.

No rush, and we can continue to smoothly put out the plotline basics.
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

It would be interesting....I could see an Alesian expeditionary fleet coming into contact. Such fleets in my rebooted story are converting worlds. After the time stasis wore off, Amann realized that outright conquering was impossible, so the Empire had to adopt a new face or benevolent facade. So what they have been doing for 5 years was sending fleets to nearby worlds to assimilate like in original story. They offer tech, protection, education, and wealth to get what they want.
    So this would be in a reality in which neither Alesians or Furling have met Earth in the modern-day yet. We 'd have to think about a conflict in which the Alesians insist on getting what they want and the Furling, out of principle, refuse to cede whatever it is they want. It could be the Alesians come into a conflict with a Furling ally which belongs to the West Triangulum Defense Organization (WTDO) and the Furling dutifully reinforce their allies.

Good--we're making some progress on the plot outline of a crossover.

No rush, and we can continue to smoothly put out the plotline basics.
    Yeah, it sounds interesting. I'm still planning out a chapter 3 of golden dawn, and also doing a small rewrite of Chapter 10 of my b5 story, namely Amann leveling the base. Doing it to make it more detailed and make it more of a fight for Amann to kill all of the Psi Corps people. He might even be wounded. Amann's a tough and formidable opponent in his original setting, even more so in B5, but he can still be killed or hurt. I'll probably have his power usage come at a cost, namely it can tire him out even with his impressive displays of power. Shooting off energy beams that could kill small vehicles, pulping people with blasts, hurtling shuttles into mountains, and exploding weapon charges in log's takes It's toll.

I now wonder about a mystery story series......... Namely, a spin off of my Project One series, why nobody has commented on it is beyond me

Now, ontop of that; Amann, to clearify, no, the Republic's technology predates the Ancients by several hundred million years so if the Alesians were to meet with the Triumvir Republic, then yeah, there would be extreme caution, some LA ships t ried to take them on in Huriin Holy Space, lost dearly, the destroyed craft {and fighters and all the dead} were then fed to the massive Furnaces onboard the Claw of Justice and Claw of Retribution. Both CSO craft have World Devestator technology onboard. and besides, both are also larger than Atlantis in floorspace to begin with. and it also predates the Ancients, though it was not traded to the Ancients, the Slipspace drive was, which the Ancients then called the Wormhole Drive

For a time I thought you had disappeared, it is good to see you back, I'm still on YIM if you're up to chatting again. Missed you.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Awinita View Post
    For a time I thought you had disappeared, it is good to see you back, I'm still on YIM if you're up to chatting again. Missed you.
    I don't think I have you on yahoo. MSN is where i had your contact info, and that was all lost when MSN converted to Skype. You can send me a skype address if you have one, since I hardly use yahoo anymore.

I don't think I have you on yahoo. MSN is where i had your contact info, and that was all lost when MSN converted to Skype. You can send me a skype address if you have one, since I hardly use yahoo anymore.
    Nocando, Skype was bought out by Microsoft last summer. Aside from that its full of holes in terms of 'Tight Security Protocols' I still have your email I think, I think you still have mine. I'll VM it to you

added

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7985274/...te-Golden-Dawn

I just added chapter 5, enjoy! Please post reviews on what you think.

new Golden Dawn chapter posted. I have also contacted an artist about a possible cover. Hopefully I can get a decent cover for the story, since fanfiction allows that now

First Lieutenant

Grand Clash of Ideologies: The Furling-Alesian (or Alesian-Furling)War [which sounds better?]

Former Furling-Erri Neutral Planet Meeting Space
    Two personnel are in the meeting room which had been waiting for its occupants.

The Alesian Aide announced, “The head of state and head of government, His First Supreme Excellency of the Alesian Empire, High Councillor of Alesia Lord Amann Adar, arrives!”

A very tall man with brown hair and wearing white armor like that of a very high-ranking military officer walked in, stepping with a somewhat regal air, full of confidence and obviously not as afraid of the Furling as his mighty Alesian self should be. He halted at the head of his side of the room’s head of the table.

The Furling Aide (not about to let the Alesian counterpart outdo him in advertising their leader’s exaltedness (although outdoing him in pretense in the if he was going to announce his own head of state/head of government; he’s ) then announced “The Head of State and Head of government of the Furling Unified republic, His Highest Excellency of the Furling Unified Republic, High Consul Il'ras Aravansel, arrives!”

A tall elfman walked in with the confidence of a man who was determined to do what was right for his country people . He’d even used his vast, legitimately gained personal fortune sometimes when government bureaucracy prevented moving funds to support a direly urgent cause, and in tune weith his character, of course attached no strings to the act of donating. He usually doesn’t and isn’t in love with military glory, though he has purposely chosen to wear his Consular military uniform, which only a Consul who has previously served as a general or flag officer may wear.

Il'ras thought: *Are they an empire ruled by a highest-ranking noble, this colorful Lord
    Amann, who might hold a noble title all the way up to Duke, If so, and too much power is in the hands of this expansionist madman, then we’re much less likely to negotiate and end to his egregious self-righteous, ends-justify-the means garbage ideology. Even so, these Alesians haven’t yet met us Furling and their military abilities don’t eclipse ours. If they truly prefer to wage war over negotiating like good reasonable people…. Well…. Well…..they’d be happier not knowin What we’ll certainly as the infernalness goes, do.* (grins subtely to himself)

Amann thought : *Hmm….So this Il’ras is either pretending to be strictly a civilian leader like a deceitful son of a *****, unlike myself, or he’s a strictly civilian leader who’s pretending to be a military man. I’ll find out when I converse with him; a military man may easily tell another military man.*

The two exchanged strictly professional, not shaking hands because one perceived the other a

“High Consul”.

“High Councillor”.

“How interesting—Consul; we Alterrans used those before we came to the Milky Way ” Amann observed quickly.

“No doubt; we liked the concept so we adapted it after being a monarchy for some time . We hoped it would correct after we abolished the Furling monarchy.” Il’ras explained.

Amann nodded neutrally. This Il’ras was brave. Usually he, Amann was used to making his counterparts of other civilizations nervous just by being present and interacting. He sensed this Il’ras fellow shared many attributes with him, and so nowonder wasn’t the least bit intimidated.

Amann sensed the telltale sign that this counterpart of his was volunatarily descended being.

Alesian Aide: “His Second Supreme excellency , Deputy (or perhaps Senior High Councilor of Alesia) Demos arrives!”

Furling Aide: “His Second Highest Excellency of the Furling Unified Republic, Tran'duil Aelerothi. “
    After the heads of state/heads of government and their deputies had arrived, everyone sat down.

Amann began the meeting, getting into motion, his voive loudly running a platitude. “We are the Alesian Empire. A noble ideal, which is the light of the galaxies, and soon will be the entire universe. Honorable men and women govern with the trust of our grateful people, Alesian ethnicitry or non Alesian ethnicity. ”

Il’ras had already had enough of this damn Amann and the meeting had only just started. He knew what Amann was about in pragmatic terms and he couldn’t . Furling tradition demanded the great Furling martialists use their formidable military forces to defend their allies because it was right to do, while gaining nothing so directly in return.

Amann didn’t like this strong, but opposed to Alesian interests, national leader. Alesian tradition demanded that they use either a huge carror or a huge stick to entice a planet to join its empire.

After disagreeing severly over the Alesians just bloodlessly taking over the the Furling ally and friend the WestAngulans' planets, People, the two sides decided to take a break.

“I hear these people have fought Oruckses, Ch’rahlls, and Oagkirs for millions of years. No wonder they’re so skillful” War Secretary and Supreme Legions Commander Ayen cokmmented. In that sense, they are like us.”

“Yes. They also have separate service branches, different from our own. Their Terrestrial Engagement Service (TES) fights ground battles. Their Ship Stationing, Boarding, and Deployed Tacticals (SSBDT) are shock troops who fight ‘amphibious’ battles. They also have a separate navy and atmospheric combat flightcraft service. They may have an advantage over us in this sense." Amann added.

“The Alesian legionnaire seems to multitask, between fighting on the ground and operating warships for their navy. They might have an advantage” Executor for Military Defense/Supreme Warfare Officer Ettrian Duirsar confided to Il’ras.

new chapter is posted. Comment, rate, subscribe.

Long time no see