Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why doesn't every body in the seven kingdoms just die of starvation during winter

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why doesn't every body in the seven kingdoms just die of starvation during winter

I'm fairly sure that if in the middle ages a winter had lasted for three years all the crops would have failed and most if not all of the human race would have died of starvation.
    why has this not happen to the seven kingdoms?

Why do you create multiple threads for your questions rather than just one with all of them in it?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
      I'm fairly sure that if in the middle ages a winter had lasted for three years all the crops would have failed and most if not all of the human race would have died of starvation.
      why has this not happen to the seven kingdoms?
      Well they can have huge stockpiles of food from the summers, seeing as how they last years, I imagine Westeros must have massive grain stockpiles at times. They can also preserve food by smoking, picking, salting, etc. Also in the winter, certain crops can be grown if it's mild enough, and there's hunting and fishing as well.

But if the winters are long and hard, then quite simply people do start starving to death in the north.

Comment

But also, as it's stated in the books, many die from the cold. As bad as that is, it would keep more food in the reserves. Also horses. There's a lot of horses in Westeros. Yummy.

Comment

Working...
        X