The Ghost of Harrenhal (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
    M6, since the producers scragged the Tickler now...

Spoiler:
    ...they might move up Arya's stabbing scene to this season. I can picture her getting Needle back from Polliver during the Harrenhal uprising and really sticking it to 'im. Whatever they decide, I do hope they decide to keep the scene with Arya stabbing somebody. I think it's a huge defining moment for her character, especially how it's a stepping stone to go to Braavos and sign on with the House of Black and White. I really hope they don't drop this from her character.
    I think with regards to the Tickler and who might "replace" him I think that (and for the Ukko's of this world, possible spoilers for upcoming eps, so try to resist clicking )

Spoiler:
    they will have this scene either this season or next but they will replace the character with someone else. Perhaps someone we know, maybe Amory Lorch, he was shown killing Yoren in the show, giving Arya good reason to hate him, so they might keep him alive longer than he lasted in the books to let Arya "deal" with him. Or they could just invent a new character, wouldn't be too hard in season 3 to just invent some other Lannister, show them terrorising the countryside then have Arya brutally shank him in the next ep.

Comment

Spoiler:
      Haha, made you look.
      ^"Ukko...Open me, you know you want to..."^
      sigpic

Comment

Having read the books, I knew Renley was toast, so that wasn't a surprise. I think the biggest 'shock' was ending last week with the attack instead of the shadow's birth.

I interpret the red god and his fire, etc at the simple analogy of the Devil.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It was great to see Danaerys get some decent screen time again and Arya's scenes wirth Tywin and Jaquen (i dont know how to spell his name) were brilliant. i also thought Brienne and Catelyn had a great scene.
          sigpic
          The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
            It was great to see Danaerys get some decent screen time again and Arya's scenes wirth Tywin and Jaquen (i dont know how to spell his name) were brilliant. i also thought Brienne and Catelyn had a great scene.
            Definitely. Though I find Danaerys' storyline to be the most boring right now, she had good scenes.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              Having read the books, I knew Renley was toast, so that wasn't a surprise. I think the biggest 'shock' was ending last week with the attack instead of the shadow's birth.

I interpret the red god and his fire, etc at the simple analogy of the Devil.
              I would argue that nobody in Westeros sees it that way. Certainly Melisandre, and other followers like Thoros of Myr see themselves as doing good in the world. Even those that don't follow the religion in Westeros don't see the Red god as the devil, they see it as a foreign religion.

The closet analogue to the devil in the world would be The Great Other, who is the god of darkness, cold, and death and is considered the enemy of R'hllor, the Red god.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                I would argue that nobody in Westeros sees it that way. Certainly Melisandre, and other followers like Thoros of Myr see themselves as doing good in the world. Even those that don't follow the religion in Westeros don't see the Red god as the devil, they see it as a foreign religion.

The closet analogue to the devil in the world would be The Great Other, who is the god of darkness, cold, and death and is considered the enemy of R'hllor, the Red god.
                That's the tricky thing about the whole R'hllor/Great Other dichotomy. The respective followers of both groups would argue that they're "good." But, as with everything else in GRRM's universe, there's what they claim about themselves and there's reality.

I don't think it's as simple as good or evil with GRRM's world. It could be that the Great Other and R'hllor could represent chaos and order. It's likely though that the two of them represent two different ideologies that are opposite of each other. Just what those ideologies are, that hasn't been revealed yet.
                sigpic

Comment

my point is, even if there's no such thing as 'the devil' in westeros, GRRM is still steeped in our mythology and the whole red and fire thing certainly fits the analogy.

But yeah, no side is sitting there thinking 'i'm the ultimate evil', each thinks they're right and doing what's right....either for the greater good or for themselves.

Robb is saving the north. Cersei is cementing her own and her son's power. Tyrion is trying to keep King's landing from imploding, Stannis is trying to rise to power for the 'good of westeros'. and the list goes on.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X