What Is Dead May Never Die (203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    Its possible that sending Theon is meant to be an example of Robb's lack of experience and forethought. Anyone else would know that there's massive issues and to not send him, or at least not send him alone.
    I have to agree there. Robb is a good battlefield commander, especially considering that the North is winning the war in this stage of the story. But in terms of brokering realistic alliances properly and other political intrigue, I'm afraid that he takes after Ned here.

Spoiler:
    I notice a recurring theme in the books: Those with honorable intentions but are inexperienced in political maneuvering pay a dire price in the form of uninformed choices:
    • Jon may have some interesting tactical ideas but he alienates the Night's Watch in the process and is stabbed repeatedly.
    • Dany has no experience in ruling but tries her hand at it anyway in order to bring freedom to Slaver's Bay. The result is the absolute disaster that is Meereen. For her trouble she ends up stranded, desperately following the Skahazadhan river with no food or water and Drogon is virtually incontrollable.
    • Theon wants to stay true to his birth family and chooses between the Starks and the Greyjoys. He chooses the less honorable of the 2 families and despite trying to impress them, he ends up a withered mess at the hands of that monster Ramsay Bolton.
    • Robb abrogating an arranged marriage with the Freys... and it really comes back to haunt him.
    • And of course Ned foolishly unwittingly revealing his plans to Cersei of all people.
    sigpic

Comment

Just a small note about the preview for "Garden of Bones" next week:

Spoiler:
      OK, they're at Qarth already next week? *shrugs*No Vaes Tolorro or the interesting ruins there? I'm hoping they'll feature at least one scene there before they go to the whole situation at Qarth and the Thirteen.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X