• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Night Lands (202)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON TWO
    THE NIGHT LANDS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 202
    While Tyrion and Cersei clash, Theon Greyjoy returns home to the Iron Islands on a mission for Robb, but does not receive the welcome he anticipated. Davos attempts to secure naval power for Lord Stannis, and Arya fears she has been found when knights from King's Landing arrive in search of Robert's bastard son, Gendry.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 26 April 2012, 02:35 PM.

so we see Gilly
    Gendry knows who Arya is (forgotten that part)
    We have the set up for Arya's long and twisty journey through the book

Melisandre digs her claws into Stannis and Tyrion has started his grand cleanup of King's Landing
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I watched this a few days ago and I'm happy we can now discuss it

That bit with Theon disturbed the frak out of me...
      sigpic

Comment

Enjoyable episode, as always. My single favorite bit of dialogue in the entire series so far is Davos' conversation with Salladhor Saan. I never laughed so hard. The bluntness of the two men, especially how Salladhor so colorfully dismissed Matthos' proselytizing, was just an absolute joy to watch. Davos is fast becoming one of my favorite characters to watch. Liam Cunningham was an excellent choice.

There were some genuinely chilling moments in this episode as well. Craster sacrificing his sons to the Others was incredibly well-rendered, especially how it was implied that seem to have been eaten. The Others' voices being the sound of cracking & crunching ice was powerful.

Another disturbing scene is seeing evidence of just how much Cersei hates Tyrion. But even more creepy is Littlefinger's conversation with Ros about "bad investments" and how he couldn't mitigate the incurred losses.

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
        I watched this a few days ago and I'm happy we can now discuss it

That bit with Theon disturbed the frak out of me...
        Which bit about Theon? Certain scenes with him could be considered disturbing and certain others could be just considered darkly humorous.
        Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 08 April 2012, 11:59 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

I see MattSilver Lurking!!!

EDIT: Great Episode. That pirate was funny.
          sigpic

Comment

by game of thrones standards theon flirting with his sister like that is hardly shocking

Comment

Cersei does HATE tyrion. more than hate. She'd as soon kill him as look at him...even as she can't quite bring herself to actually hold the knife, she wouldn't stop anyone from killilng him. Of course, Tyrion's father is the same way. Jamie is the 'golden son' (quite literally) and Tyrion is the monster he's stuck with (and i'm sure it dented his ego to deal with the fact that he sired an imp)

Kinda gives you insight into Tyrion and what he does and how he does things. His mouthiness can be traced back to a degree of literally not caring if he offends or upsets. He kinda enjoys it, after all he's spent his whole life being talked about and mocked so why should others be so protected? Also, ,given his short stature, using words as weapons is something he doesn't need physicality to deal with.

Of course, all the speculation about who may eventually 'win' the game of thrones, having Tyrion as a potential king is just ironic enough to be a possibility.

sigpic

Comment

Another great ep. The Greyjoy stuff was particularly good, Patrick Malahide was exceptionally well cast as Balon Greyjoy. The Arya, Gendry and Yoren scenes were excellent as well. "I could shave the arse off a spider." And the Nightswatch scenes were funny, Dolorus Edd is great, plus Grey Wind looked amazing. I liked the creepy ending as well.

My only quibble with the ep was the Dany scene with Rakharo coming back dead. It wasn't a bad scene, it was well acted, impressively shot, but it just felt like it was a bit of an excuse to write out Elyes Gabel from the show. I understand they had to do it, as the actor got a major role in the film World War Z, so couldn't carry on with filming, but in a perfect world that time could have been used for something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post

Which bit about Theon? Certain scenes with him could be considered disturbing and certain others could be just considered darkly humorous.
                  Well I guess in the context of GoT what he did with his sister isn't THAT out of place, but since I watched it twice the second time was worse, especially the bit of "I don't think this story would be fit for children"
                  sigpic

Comment

Well I guess in the context of GoT what he did with his sister isn't THAT out of place, but since I watched it twice the second time was worse, especially the bit of "I don't think this story would be fit for children"
                    What? It's a great "family" story.

"Now settle down children and hear the tale of how Theon Greyjoy was humiliated by going to second base with his sister."

Comment

I just watched this today, I had family over last night and couldn't watch it(even though I really wanted to lol).

I love Tyrion, his scenes with Varys, and Cersei were my favorite parts of this episode.
                      The Littlefinger scene in the brothel with Ros(?) was great.
                      I love how what the characters sometimes say have more than one meaning.
                      The scene with Davos, his son, and the pirate was great.
                      Theon is a jerk, but he's so insecure and pathetic, that I can't hate him. I found the scenes with Yara(I really don't like the name change) kind of amusing, even if it was pretty disturbing.
                      Loved Arya and Gendry.
                      Loved seeing Ghost; Sam is awesome, I love him, he's such a good guy. I think Jon is great too lol. I thought that ending scene with Jon following Craster, was really well done.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                        What? It's a great "family" story.

"Now settle down children and hear the tale of how Theon Greyjoy was humiliated by going to second base with his sister."

----------

Question, was Tyrion being a little tongue in cheek when he said Varys should try Shae's "fish pie"? I've never heard of fish pie so it seemed a little...well, you know .
                        sigpic

Comment

----------

Question, was Tyrion being a little tongue in cheek when he said Varys should try Shae's "fish pie"? I've never heard of fish pie so it seemed a little...well, you know .
                          Short answer: yes

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                            Short answer: yes
                            Ah, good. Cause I honestly couldn't tell.

Clearly Tyrion was just being...Well Tyrion
                            sigpic

Comment

very much so. especially when he's making the comment to the eunuch

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X