Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevron 7.9 - November 02-04, 2012 - Radisson Edwardian, Heathrow, UK

Another UK Chevron for us!

Current guests: Michael Shanks & Peter Gilmore!

Tickets:
    Standard Adult Programme at £88 **
    Standard Child Programme at £29*
    Silver Programme at £145 - Limited in numbers!
    Gold Programme at £210 - Limited to 150!
    VIP Programme at £1,295 - Limited to Only 4!

We also created a fb page, so that we can get to know each other a little before the con

FB PAGE

My first Chevron ever and they already have Shanks - lucky

(keeping my fingers tightly crossed for David Hewlett....)
    Last edited by makowiec; 13 March 2012, 06:36 AM.
    sigpic

Here we go again! The Chicon European girls are back :-)

Comment

back before they even met
      sigpic

Comment

I'm in! xx

Comment

and it's the 3 of us all over again
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by makowiec View Post
            Another UK Chevron for us!

Current guests: Michael Shanks & Peter Gilmore!

Tickets:
            Standard Adult Programme at £88 **
            Standard Child Programme at £29*
            Silver Programme at £145 - Limited in numbers!
            Gold Programme at £210 - Limited to 150!
            VIP Programme at £1,295 - Limited to Only 4!

We also created a fb page, so that we can get to know each other a little before the con

FB PAGE

(keeping my fingers tightly crossed for David Hewlett....)
            I've not yet had the pleasure of atttending a Chevron event.
            But it sounds like it will be a fun convention.
            But the VIP ticket is a little expensive...! Ok they've limited the numbers... But it is still expensive.
            I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend.
            Last edited by Starfist; 18 March 2012, 12:43 PM.
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
              I've not yet had the pleasure of atttending a Chevron event.
              But it sounds like it will be a fun convention.
              But the VIP ticket is a little expensive...! Ok they've limited the numbers... But it is still expensive.
              I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend.
              It's going to be my first Chevron too aiming for Gold - but we'll see how much money I have left after Chicon
              sigpic

Comment

Hear hear. Might just go with standard. Don't know yet :-)

Comment

Another Chevron without me. I just have too many cons this year. Besides, I'll meet Michael in September.

Just, seeing him on twitter reminded me that I really like him. He is a funny and honest guy. So, maybe after September I might spontaneously decide to come after all. Who knows?

Originally posted by makowiec View Post
                  Don't you think you're doing too many cons this year?
                  sigpic

Comment

Well I'll be there - no surprises if Mr Shanks is around then..

I'm loving him on Twitter...what you see is what you get with him, online, in person, privately (because I was lucky to meet him and Lexa @ the MS Walk a couple of years ago in Van, and trust me, they are totally WONDERFUL and LOVELY people!) ...he doesn't put on a front or face and then be a total jerk behind fans' back (like some actors I've heard do)...he's Michael, just as he always is....and I (and many fans) still love him for it!..

Here endeth the "Michael Shanks Promo Hour" but I'm sure you'll be getting a lot more of them from me during the coming months as we build up to C.7.9...can't wait!!!..

Deeds xx
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

My husband and I are signed up but it's my first ever and I'm a bit nervous. Any helpful tips or anecdotes to make the newbie less terrified?

Comment

hi dierne! Welcome I've never been to a chevron con before, but I've been to two Creation cons.

My advice is preparing for long lines for autographs and photo ops, make sure you bring along bottles of water, shower, and enjoy every part of the con, even not meeting the actors.

My first con was the best ever because I met random people who knew me by my writing pen name (kinda freaky at first, but it grew on my ) and a lot of have fast became my best friends (and of course the Pauly insident, but uh, nevermind that ).

Its not like "Galaxy Quest" (if you've seen the movie) and a lot of memories you and your husband are going to have will be of the fans

If you have any questions/comments/anything, just post and we'll help if we can xx

Comment

Chevron (or rather Massive Events) work on the basis of photo ops and autographs in the morning and talks (& auctions) in the afternoon...and parties in the evening...

They also group ticket holders in lettered groups over the course of the two days so that you aren't standing in line ALL morning for everything....you will see when your letter is called quite clearly on plenty of boards and then you can go and get in line for your photo op/autograph...it's really quite fairly done and civilised and seems to work very well...

The talks are more than often done in twos or more groups of actors on stage together at one time - occasionally you have one actor on their own (like Tom McBeath at the last Chevron) but usually it's two or more......they are very relaxed and can get slightly non-PG , but it's really all good clean fun...

There are usually a nice selection of merchandise stalls in a separate room and Sea Shepherd have been a regular presence since at least Chevron 7.6 when RDA and Paul Watson guested...

The parties in the evening are great fun...the tables are very well decorated, there are different themes on each night so that the costumers can have a ball, literally....some of the actors often attend these parties for a while but it's not required of them to do so.....most fans are respectful and let them mingle and get on with it without being stalkery or a nuisance!....if you're lucky they might even buy you a drink like Peter Kelamis did me at Chevron 7.8

The crew are really helpful and very nice...if you have a problem or request - ask and ye shall get - within reason of course!

The Bar at the Radisson is very expensive so be warned!...

Hope this helps a bit..

Deeds xx
                          Last edited by discodiva; 11 June 2012, 03:26 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping to go to Chevron - it will be my first and likely last chance to attend one of these events. I'm just not sure on the whens & hows of ticket buying & hotel bookings...I'll be flying in from Australia on the Friday. And I'll be doing it alone.
                            I wish they would update the guest list soon.
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I'd be very surprised if they update the guest list before LFCC tbh... ..but you never know..LFCC is the w/end of 6/7/8 July...

Their Chevron 7.9 thread on the SM forum gives out links to the shop and the hotel code for the Rad I think..

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/...?showforum=261

Deeds xx
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X