Technology that affects the Ascended Plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technology that affects the Ascended Plane

The Sangraal can affect the ascended plane, but how does it do it? In order to transfer energy into the ascended plane/dimension it must have a component that is capable of ascending itself or ascending the energy, but how can a technological device/component ascend or make energy ascend? Does it do it using the same "physics" that are involved when a biological being/brain ascends?

Also, since only someone with ascended knowledge (like Merlin) would be able to build the Sangraal because of the high level of complexity of a device designed to interact with the ascended plane, could someone with ascended knowledge design and build an artificial intelligent machine capable of ascending? If the Replicators or Asurans had acquired the Sangraal and assimilated its technology, could that have allowed them to acquire the complexity and knowledge needed for them to ascend?

I have never thought about it... but I'm guessing it does send some sort of signal to anybody in the ascended plane thus causing it to do it's thing. I don't think it's possible to send energy to an entire plain but it is possible to send it to certain kinds of people in those plains, which may explain how it's able to eliminate all of the Ori in the universe.
    Back from the grave.

Comment

The device does not need to ascend in order to fire, although the lack of Sangraal remains might indicate it did.

so we can't rule it out, i just consider it unlikely.

I would say it operates similarly to a stargate, in that it opens a wormhole. In stead of a wormhole between two points in our space, it's a wormhole to the Ascended plains. Since Ascended can visit our plane, and get back, it's possible to traverse the "membrane" between our planes.

the device then emits a high-energy pulse which basically disrupts all structures in a large section of Ascended plane, kind of like the Dakara device.

Comment

But again, could Merlin or someone else with ascended knowledge design and build an artificial intelligent machine that could ascend?

And, if the Replicators or Asurans got the Sangraal and assimilated its tech, could that have given them the knowledge and complexity needed for them to ascend?

Comment

1:

not sure. Stargate seems to imply one needs a "soul". also, what is an artificial intelligent machine? does it per se need organic components?

2: i do not believe so. it depends on how the Sangraal precisely works

Comment

Have you considered an energy impulse designed to create a dimensional rift? If said rift were achieved, subsequent discharge from the Sangraal could pass through with ease.

Comment

= a wormhole

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                not sure. Stargate seems to imply one needs a "soul". also, what is an artificial intelligent machine? does it per se need organic components?
                How exactly do organic components give an entity a "soul" or the ability to ascend? Does it have to do with the chemistry or physics of the organic molecules making up the entity?

Also, what exactly is a "soul" in Stargate? Does it imply that an afterlife exists in the Stargate universe (for beings who actually die, not beings who ascend)?

Comment

no, it was mentioned with the asuran "ascension", saying that they essentially lacked a "soul".

i think organic tech has the best chance of emulating a soul, though i think it has more to do with the true ability of emotions. not emulating, but truly experiencing them.

Stargate is not exactly clear on the prerequisites of ascension

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
                    Have you considered an energy impulse designed to create a dimensional rift? If said rift were achieved, subsequent discharge from the Sangraal could pass through with ease.
                    so another plane=another dimension; interesting
                    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

I thought it interesting how Merlin could use 'corporeal' weapons to kill non-corporeal beings.
                      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

why not? corporeal beings can ascend, thus the ascended plane is accessible via our plane. it's just a complicated process likely only Ascended understand

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          = a wormhole
                          No, a dimensional rift does not equal a wormhole.

Consider it more along the lines of a tear in space time.

Comment

How about a fully fledged Dakara and having the device emit energy into the area of subspace occupied by the ascended.

Anyway it would need a ascended to know that area so most people that try to guess it won't have any chance of succeeding (look at the PG replicators and their techno ascension).
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                            StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                            GW member infractions : 1

Comment

No, a dimensional rift does not equal a wormhole.

Consider it more along the lines of a tear in space time.
                              i have no clue how something like a dimensional rift would look, or work. a wormhole is the warping of dimensions. the Sangraal would warp not regular space, but other dimensions.

Comment

Working...
                              X