The Stable Boy (118)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeri View Post
    Yeah, Daniel's gone, she crushed that heart to dust. The creators of the show said dead will be dead, so unless they start using time travel, he's gone.

I like Regina too. She's a great villain, she has interesting sides to her. I'm never too sure of her intentions, especially towards Henry. Will Henry ever push her to where she turns on him? And how far will she go? I think there's always room for redemption, I wonder what it would take to save her?
    I wouldnt discard Timetravel just yet. The happy endings where known in our World long before their Characters came here. And the more I think about it, the more Augusts recent slipup makes sense. I complained before that he simply knows to much for being on his own, but now he said that Emma of all People should trust him. Eventough they barely know each other. I dont know how or why, but he is from the Future. August doesnt seem to be the Person to be irrational or naive. I just really think he meant what he said there.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      In Storybrooke, people can live without their hearts. Didn't queeny put David's in a box or something? Without a heart just means without love.

and yes, thngs are all coming to a head. what? 3 more left??
      No, she had Graham's heart in a box that she used to kill him after graham sided with Emma against her. As far as know david still has his heart.
      sigpic

Comment

ok, sorry. I just knew she had someone's heart and they existed fine until she squished it.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Of course Snow can't really be at fault, she was just a little girl. But I think Regina was emotionally traumatized enough that she's slightly deranged in her thinking. To have one's own mother kill her beloved like that is enough to send one over the edge. Because it's her mother, the first person most of us bond with and trust, she can't quite except things, so misplaces the blame on someone not so close to her. I'm sure she still hates her mother, it's just that she can't come to terms with it.
          I believe she was her step mother...then again. Maybe you are right since Snow said she didn't want Regina to lose her mother like Snow did... Still, she never seemed close to her mother and was rebelling against her. So to say she can't come to grips with it seems unrealistic to me.

Comment

I wanted to mention that whomever is in charge of makeup/hair on the show did a great job of making Regina look substantially younger in the scenes from fairy tale land. The actress is really beautiful in any case, but there she looked a good 10 years younger than she does in the full evil queen makeup that they use for the later story lines.
            sigpic
            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

So now we are supposed to feel sorry for Regina?
              It is sad that she lost her beloved, but to blame a child who can easily be manipulated by adults, is a bit extreme IMO, and to take it to the extent she has, is, well, ............
              no means no, and so does pepper spray
              Sig by The Carpenter
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                I wanted to mention that whomever is in charge of makeup/hair on the show did a great job of making Regina look substantially younger in the scenes from fairy tale land. The actress is really beautiful in any case, but there she looked a good 10 years younger than she does in the full evil queen makeup that they use for the later story lines.

the people who do the make-up are AMAZING!!
                sigpic

Comment

I don't think it's so much about feeling sorry for Regina(though I do find the whole situation between her and Snow sad), but more about giving a reason for what she eventually became. The reason might not be a valid reason for a rational person, but for someone like Regina, and given her world/backround, it makes sense(at least IMO).

In the fairy tale world created by the show love is the most powerful magic. A few episodes back, when Snow forgot about Charming(and her love for him) she was pretty nasty and willing to kill. It took Charming, and his love for her to make her remember that she was a good person who would never purposefully set out to kill someone. Regina didn't/doesn't have that.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                    So now we are supposed to feel sorry for Regina?
                    It is sad that she lost her beloved, but to blame a child who can easily be manipulated by adults, is a bit extreme IMO, and to take it to the extent she has, is, well, ............
                    I felt sry for Regina... for like.. a minute.. then I was back to wanting to toss her under a bus.

But i love to hate the EQ~ lol~
                    sigpic

Comment

Agreed. Rational people don't blame a child for being naive.

I'm thinking Regina's done something to her mother, like RJL says, maybe banished her to Wonderland, or some nasty place. I don't think she would kill her mother outright, but maybe over time she might as her twisted sort of madness grows in her. She did sacrifice her father whom she did love, so it's hard to tell at this point.
                      I agree, I'm not sure if she killed her mother or not, especially since her mother does have magic to defend herself, but I don't think Regina just let go of what her mother did. RJL's idea that Regina's mom is the Queen of Hearts is a good one. Regina could have banished her there or she could have gone there on her own to escape Regina.

Yeah, Daniel's gone, she crushed that heart to dust. The creators of the show said dead will be dead, so unless they start using time travel, he's gone.

I like Regina too. She's a great villain, she has interesting sides to her. I'm never too sure of her intentions, especially towards Henry. Will Henry ever push her to where she turns on him? And how far will she go? I think there's always room for redemption, I wonder what it would take to save her?
                      I think Regina makes an interesting villain too. Maybe Henry could be the one to save her, or at least start her on the path to redemption. If her mother is alive, some kind of confrontation with her mother might also too help I guess.

I agree, Lana Parilla is really beautiful anyway, but the hair and makeup people did an amazing job making her look a lot younger.
                      I also think the casting people did a great job picking that little girl that played young Snow. She looks a lot like Ginnifer Goodwin, and she did a great job acting and speaking like Ginnifer's Snow White.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                        I agree, I'm not sure if she killed her mother or not, especially since her mother does have magic to defend herself, but I don't think Regina just let go of what her mother did. RJL's idea that Regina's mom is the Queen of Hearts is a good one. Regina could have banished her there or she could have gone there on her own to escape Regina.
                        I agree, Lana Parilla is really beautiful anyway, but the hair and makeup people did an amazing job making her look a lot younger.
                        Yes, the make-up job on Regina is *amazing*. I actually didn't recognize her in her braids and less (plain-Jane type of) make-up. It took a while to sink in to me that it definitely was the same actress. And tho I don't like how the EQ is so utterly evil and cannot be trusted at all for anything, I still find her exceptionally beautiful in her EQ make-up and costumes. Regina as mayor in the real world isn't as pretty as her evil self in FTL, but she is stunningly a very wowie lady when all decked out.

I used to study high fashion and Regina in EQ mode is definitely QUEEN of high fashion, evil or not.
                        ..And she can certainly afford it financially, too.

As for who the mystery lady queen (banished?) to wonderland is, I do believe as others here, it is Regina's mom.. perhaps mom is the Queen of Hearts. So what does that make Regina (since there are 4 queens on a deck of cards, and Regina prefers wearing "black" and dressing her walls in black and white)..?

One more item, wonder what Regina will do if / when she finally realizes Emma's Henry is MM/Snow White's grandson.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                          I totally agree Snow was just a very little and naive girl at the time I also now believe that the queen of hearts in Wonderland could very well be Regina's mother, Regina may have banished her there in revenge for what she did to her boyfriend and probably placing her father in an enchanted box was the last draw. The back-story was indeed very well written and it allowed viewers to emotionally connect with Regina by showing she wasn't always a monster and a unidimensional villain a la Joker or Lex Luthor. (well at least they tried to flesh out Lexx in Smallville).
                          I agree about the connecting with the character part. It made Regina before she turned evil more human. Even her emotions seemed to be humanized and *out there.* Once her mother killed off Daniel, and naive young Snow opened her mouth with the awful truth, Regina's heart changed toward revenge--pure, sneaky revenge against Snow.. probably in her mind just as sneaky as she felt Snow did to her with news about Daniel (and Regina's mom). She even basically said so in the real world, after MM was being hauled away to potentially leave Storybrooke--
                          "We've got her.. we've finally got her, now, Daniel..!" (or words similar to that effect)

Regina's reaction to Snow was normal, but to carry it into the extremes she has done has made her (Regina's) anger turn cancerous.. where if her original target of revenge was a tumor, the tumor factor needs to be removed in order for proper healing to occur. However, since Daniel is most likely dead-dead, it's doubtful Regina will ever be able to fully recover from the wounds of her past.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                            Yes, the make-up job on Regina is *amazing*. I actually didn't recognize her in her braids and less (plain-Jane type of) make-up. It took a while to sink in to me that it definitely was the same actress. And tho I don't like how the EQ is so utterly evil and cannot be trusted at all for anything, I still find her exceptionally beautiful in her EQ make-up and costumes. Regina as mayor in the real world isn't as pretty as her evil self in FTL, but she is stunningly a very wowie lady when all decked out.

I used to study high fashion and Regina in EQ mode is definitely QUEEN of high fashion, evil or not.
                            ..And she can certainly afford it financially, too.

As for who the mystery lady queen (banished?) to wonderland is, I do believe as others here, it is Regina's mom.. perhaps mom is the Queen of Hearts. So what does that make Regina (since there are 4 queens on a deck of cards, and Regina prefers wearing "black" and dressing her walls in black and white)..?

One more item, wonder what Regina will do if / when she finally realizes Emma's Henry is MM/Snow White's grandson.

I love the Evil Queen's fairy tale land outfits, they're so pretty/elegant.

I also wonder if she actually cares enough about Henry to get over him being Snow White's grandson, or if she'll end up using him as another way to get revenge, not really caring what happens to him in the process.
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree about young snow...almost think it'd be Ginnifer's daughter or sister because the facial features were even similar.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                I agree about young snow...almost think it'd be Ginnifer's daughter or sister because the facial features were even similar.
                                I thought the same thing, so I looked it up on imdb lol, as far as I can tell they're not actually related, but they really do look so much alike, that they look like they could be mother/daughter or sisters.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X