• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stable Boy (118)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON ONE
    THE STABLE BOY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 118
    Under the thumb of her wicked and powerful mother, the young Regina's love of a poor stable boy is complicated by the arrival of a young girl. Mary Margaret tries to defend her innocence before the district attorney, and Emma finds a new clue.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 15 April 2012, 02:09 PM.

So we finally got an answer on what Snow did. That story was very sad, but I kind of understand her anger now.

Also now we got a little hint on who the Writer really is.
    Spoiler:
    The way he said that she of all People should trust him was so obvious. Who is the only kind of Person that could claim that? Familiars. He is freaking grown up Henry.

Just to make sure I saw that right. The Woman that popped up in the end looks just like Emma. What the heck is happening?
    Last edited by tomstone; 01 April 2012, 06:34 PM.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I loved this episode, loved Regina in it. I felt bad for her(though I don't think Snow was at fault for what happened to Daniel). Regina is one of my favorite characters, and I really liked the backstory. The relationship between Regina and her mother really reminded me of the relationship I had with my mother(minus the magic and the murder of course ).

I'm glad Emma found out about Sidney, and I really liked August in this episode too.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post

Just to make sure I saw that right. The Woman that popped up in the end looks just like Emma. What the heck is happening?
        I thought that was Kathryn at the end, and that Gold probably brought her back somehow?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
          I thought that was Kathryn at the end, and that Gold probably brought her back somehow?
          Yeah, I just checked. The same clothing from the Night she dissappeared, its Kathryn.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

yeah, at first I thought the person found in the parking lot was Emma's twin, too, until I read the comments from ABC's blog site. The folks there were saying it was Katherine (Kathryn? sp?).

Question now is how is Regina going to explain the coroner's report of the heart belonging to Katherine, while Katherine has eyewitnesses of being found alive..
            the intrigue grows..

Comment

Sofor a little while in this episode I felt sorry for Regina... having to live with a mother like that... O_O! But then... I went back to hating her!! OMG!! This show gets better every week!!

so glad emma found out about Sydney and Gold is finally making his move! So happy that Kathryn is back... though probably minus her heart knowing Regina's penchant for taking them.
              sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode, loved Regina in it. I felt bad for her(though I don't think Snow was at fault for what happened to Daniel). Regina is one of my favorite characters, and I really liked the backstory. The relationship between Regina and her mother really reminded me of the relationship I had with my mother(minus the magic and the murder of course ).

I'm glad Emma found out about Sidney, and I really liked August in this episode too.
                I totally agree Snow was just a very little and naive girl at the time I also now believe that the queen of hearts in Wonderland could very well be Regina's mother, Regina may have banished her there in revenge for what she did to her boyfriend and probably placing her father in an enchanted box was the last draw. The back-story was indeed very well written and it allowed viewers to emotionally connect with Regina by showing she wasn't always a monster and a unidimensional villain a la Joker or Lex Luthor. (well at least they tried to flesh out Lexx in Smallville).
                The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

In Storybrooke, people can live without their hearts. Didn't queeny put David's in a box or something? Without a heart just means without love.

and yes, thngs are all coming to a head. what? 3 more left??
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I still don't buy that it was Snow's fault. She hinted that her mother caused the horsing incident. She should be angry at her step-mother...I'm so confused how does that backstory make sense?

Though I did enjoy that it was Regina that told Snow about true love. Hmmm...kinda interesting huh?

So the deal with Regina was for Gold to get out not to have to worry about prison? Couldn't he have just said please? He's got a plan

Comment

I don't think the we(the viewers) are supposed to blame Snow for what happened, but for Regina, who I guess was twisted/blinded by grief from losing her true love, just when she was about to run off and marry him, blaming Snow for his death made sense. Her loss made her cold and heartless, wanting revenge, and not wanting anyone else to be happy if she herself couldn't be.
                      I think she was angry at her mother too though, we don't see her mother later on, so I don't think Regina let her off the hook for killing Daniel.
                      Seeing Regina confiding to Snow about her love for the stable boy, made me feel sad for Regina, and about the whole situation between her and Snow. Regina seemed like a good person until her mother killed the man she loved..
                      sigpic

Comment

Of course Snow can't really be at fault, she was just a little girl. But I think Regina was emotionally traumatized enough that she's slightly deranged in her thinking. To have one's own mother kill her beloved like that is enough to send one over the edge. Because it's her mother, the first person most of us bond with and trust, she can't quite except things, so misplaces the blame on someone not so close to her. I'm sure she still hates her mother, it's just that she can't come to terms with it.

I think Gold can't just say please to get out of the battery charges against him. Things have changed now that Emma has arrived and time has started again. I think now everyone would notice, and be this would cause problems. He may have got Regina to make a deal for him to see a councilor instead. (as was spoiled about future episodes) We see in this ep. how the District Attorney is Regina's ally, that was not exactly a neutral inquiry session with Mary Margaret. So she would be able to get him a deal. For Mr. Gold to act as MM's attorney, he would have to be out of trouble. His plan is in play, so he wants to keep up appearances. I think his beating of the florist was a big mis-step, that he regrets, probably only for appearances sake though.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't think the we(the viewers) are supposed to blame Snow for what happened, but for Regina, who I guess was twisted/blinded by grief from losing her true love, just when she was about to run off and marry him, blaming Snow for his death made sense. Her loss made her cold and heartless, wanting revenge, and not wanting anyone else to be happy if she herself couldn't be.
                          I think she was angry at her mother too though, we don't see her mother later on, so I don't think Regina let her off the hook for killing Daniel.
                          Seeing Regina confiding to Snow about her love for the stable boy, made me feel sad for Regina, and about the whole situation between her and Snow. Regina seemed like a good person until her mother killed the man she loved..
                          Agreed. Rational people don't blame a child for being naive.

I'm thinking Regina's done something to her mother, like RJL says, maybe banished her to Wonderland, or some nasty place. I don't think she would kill her mother outright, but maybe over time she might as her twisted sort of madness grows in her. She did sacrifice her father whom she did love, so it's hard to tell at this point.
                          sigpic

Comment

interesting ep! since regina/evil queen is my fave character, i was looking forward to any ep that really focused on her.

i can understand regina blaming young snow, but at the same time, a rational and nice person would be able to let that feeling pass. i think regina's mom's deeds and behaviors have warped her very much. she basically turned into her mother...

i was about to say that i hoped regina could take daniel's heart and somehow regenerate him, but i think her mom crushed the heart, so...

i still want regina to get daniel back. i want her to find happiness. i want her to find redemption too.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Daniel's gone, she crushed that heart to dust. The creators of the show said dead will be dead, so unless they start using time travel, he's gone.

I like Regina too. She's a great villain, she has interesting sides to her. I'm never too sure of her intentions, especially towards Henry. Will Henry ever push her to where she turns on him? And how far will she go? I think there's always room for redemption, I wonder what it would take to save her?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X