Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1. #1
    Site Admin GateWorld's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,170

    Post The Stable Boy (118)

    Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON ONE
    THE STABLE BOY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 118
    Under the thumb of her wicked and powerful mother, the young Regina's love of a poor stable boy is complicated by the arrival of a young girl. Mary Margaret tries to defend her innocence before the district attorney, and Emma finds a new clue.

    VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; April 15th, 2012 at 03:09 PM.

  2. #2
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,507

    Default Re: The Stable Boy (118)

    So we finally got an answer on what Snow did. That story was very sad, but I kind of understand her anger now.

    Also now we got a little hint on who the Writer really is.
    Spoiler:
    The way he said that she of all People should trust him was so obvious. Who is the only kind of Person that could claim that? Familiars. He is freaking grown up Henry.


    Just to make sure I saw that right. The Woman that popped up in the end looks just like Emma. What the heck is happening?
    Last edited by tomstone; April 1st, 2012 at 07:34 PM.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  3. #3
    Major General VampyreWraith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    12,893

    Default Re: The Stable Boy (118)

    I loved this episode, loved Regina in it. I felt bad for her(though I don't think Snow was at fault for what happened to Daniel). Regina is one of my favorite characters, and I really liked the backstory. The relationship between Regina and her mother really reminded me of the relationship I had with my mother(minus the magic and the murder of course ).

    I'm glad Emma found out about Sidney, and I really liked August in this episode too.

  4. #4
    Major General VampyreWraith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    12,893

    Default Re: The Stable Boy (118)

    Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post

    Just to make sure I saw that right. The Woman that popped up in the end looks just like Emma. What the heck is happening?
    I thought that was Kathryn at the end, and that Gold probably brought her back somehow?

  5. #5
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,507

    Default Re: The Stable Boy (118)

    Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    I thought that was Kathryn at the end, and that Gold probably brought her back somehow?
    Yeah, I just checked. The same clothing from the Night she dissappeared, its Kathryn.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  6. #6
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    719

    Default Re: The Stable Boy (118)

    yeah, at first I thought the person found in the parking lot was Emma's twin, too, until I read the comments from ABC's blog site. The folks there were saying it was Katherine (Kathryn? sp?).

    Question now is how is Regina going to explain the coroner's report of the heart belonging to Katherine, while Katherine has eyewitnesses of being found alive..
    the intrigue grows..

  7. #7
    Major General AresLover452's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Stalking the streets with Jack the Ripper
    Posts
    10,439

    Default Re: The Stable Boy (118)

    Sofor a little while in this episode I felt sorry for Regina... having to live with a mother like that... O_O! But then... I went back to hating her!! OMG!! This show gets better every week!!

    so glad emma found out about Sydney and Gold is finally making his move! So happy that Kathryn is back... though probably minus her heart knowing Regina's penchant for taking them.

  8. #8
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    709

    Default Re: The Stable Boy (118)

    Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    I loved this episode, loved Regina in it. I felt bad for her(though I don't think Snow was at fault for what happened to Daniel). Regina is one of my favorite characters, and I really liked the backstory. The relationship between Regina and her mother really reminded me of the relationship I had with my mother(minus the magic and the murder of course ).

    I'm glad Emma found out about Sidney, and I really liked August in this episode too.
    I totally agree Snow was just a very little and naive girl at the time I also now believe that the queen of hearts in Wonderland could very well be Regina's mother, Regina may have banished her there in revenge for what she did to her boyfriend and probably placing her father in an enchanted box was the last draw. The back-story was indeed very well written and it allowed viewers to emotionally connect with Regina by showing she wasn't always a monster and a unidimensional villain a la Joker or Lex Luthor. (well at least they tried to flesh out Lexx in Smallville).
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

    The banning of images in SIGs suck.

  9. #9
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)
    Skydiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    54,915

    Default Re: The Stable Boy (118)

    In Storybrooke, people can live without their hearts. Didn't queeny put David's in a box or something? Without a heart just means without love.

    and yes, thngs are all coming to a head. what? 3 more left??

  10. #10
    Captain
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: The Stable Boy (118)

    I still don't buy that it was Snow's fault. She hinted that her mother caused the horsing incident. She should be angry at her step-mother...I'm so confused how does that backstory make sense?

    Though I did enjoy that it was Regina that told Snow about true love. Hmmm...kinda interesting huh?

    So the deal with Regina was for Gold to get out not to have to worry about prison? Couldn't he have just said please? He's got a plan

  11. #11
    Major General VampyreWraith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    12,893

    Default Re: The Stable Boy (118)

    I don't think the we(the viewers) are supposed to blame Snow for what happened, but for Regina, who I guess was twisted/blinded by grief from losing her true love, just when she was about to run off and marry him, blaming Snow for his death made sense. Her loss made her cold and heartless, wanting revenge, and not wanting anyone else to be happy if she herself couldn't be.
    I think she was angry at her mother too though, we don't see her mother later on, so I don't think Regina let her off the hook for killing Daniel.
    Seeing Regina confiding to Snow about her love for the stable boy, made me feel sad for Regina, and about the whole situation between her and Snow. Regina seemed like a good person until her mother killed the man she loved..

  12. #12
    Lieutenant Colonel jeri's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,042

    Default Re: The Stable Boy (118)

    Of course Snow can't really be at fault, she was just a little girl. But I think Regina was emotionally traumatized enough that she's slightly deranged in her thinking. To have one's own mother kill her beloved like that is enough to send one over the edge. Because it's her mother, the first person most of us bond with and trust, she can't quite except things, so misplaces the blame on someone not so close to her. I'm sure she still hates her mother, it's just that she can't come to terms with it.

    I think Gold can't just say please to get out of the battery charges against him. Things have changed now that Emma has arrived and time has started again. I think now everyone would notice, and be this would cause problems. He may have got Regina to make a deal for him to see a councilor instead. (as was spoiled about future episodes) We see in this ep. how the District Attorney is Regina's ally, that was not exactly a neutral inquiry session with Mary Margaret. So she would be able to get him a deal. For Mr. Gold to act as MM's attorney, he would have to be out of trouble. His plan is in play, so he wants to keep up appearances. I think his beating of the florist was a big mis-step, that he regrets, probably only for appearances sake though.

  13. #13
    Lieutenant Colonel jeri's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,042

    Default Re: The Stable Boy (118)

    Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    I don't think the we(the viewers) are supposed to blame Snow for what happened, but for Regina, who I guess was twisted/blinded by grief from losing her true love, just when she was about to run off and marry him, blaming Snow for his death made sense. Her loss made her cold and heartless, wanting revenge, and not wanting anyone else to be happy if she herself couldn't be.
    I think she was angry at her mother too though, we don't see her mother later on, so I don't think Regina let her off the hook for killing Daniel.
    Seeing Regina confiding to Snow about her love for the stable boy, made me feel sad for Regina, and about the whole situation between her and Snow. Regina seemed like a good person until her mother killed the man she loved..
    Agreed. Rational people don't blame a child for being naive.

    I'm thinking Regina's done something to her mother, like RJL says, maybe banished her to Wonderland, or some nasty place. I don't think she would kill her mother outright, but maybe over time she might as her twisted sort of madness grows in her. She did sacrifice her father whom she did love, so it's hard to tell at this point.

  14. #14
    General majorsal's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    in love
    Posts
    22,244

    Default Re: The Stable Boy (118)

    interesting ep! since regina/evil queen is my fave character, i was looking forward to any ep that really focused on her.

    i can understand regina blaming young snow, but at the same time, a rational and nice person would be able to let that feeling pass. i think regina's mom's deeds and behaviors have warped her very much. she basically turned into her mother...

    i was about to say that i hoped regina could take daniel's heart and somehow regenerate him, but i think her mom crushed the heart, so...

    i still want regina to get daniel back. i want her to find happiness. i want her to find redemption too.
    sally


  15. #15
    Lieutenant Colonel jeri's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,042

    Default Re: The Stable Boy (118)

    Yeah, Daniel's gone, she crushed that heart to dust. The creators of the show said dead will be dead, so unless they start using time travel, he's gone.

    I like Regina too. She's a great villain, she has interesting sides to her. I'm never too sure of her intentions, especially towards Henry. Will Henry ever push her to where she turns on him? And how far will she go? I think there's always room for redemption, I wonder what it would take to save her?

  16. #16
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,507

    Default Re: The Stable Boy (118)

    Quote Originally Posted by jeri View Post
    Yeah, Daniel's gone, she crushed that heart to dust. The creators of the show said dead will be dead, so unless they start using time travel, he's gone.

    I like Regina too. She's a great villain, she has interesting sides to her. I'm never too sure of her intentions, especially towards Henry. Will Henry ever push her to where she turns on him? And how far will she go? I think there's always room for redemption, I wonder what it would take to save her?
    I wouldnt discard Timetravel just yet. The happy endings where known in our World long before their Characters came here. And the more I think about it, the more Augusts recent slipup makes sense. I complained before that he simply knows to much for being on his own, but now he said that Emma of all People should trust him. Eventough they barely know each other. I dont know how or why, but he is from the Future. August doesnt seem to be the Person to be irrational or naive. I just really think he meant what he said there.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  17. #17
    Major General AresLover452's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Stalking the streets with Jack the Ripper
    Posts
    10,439

    Default Re: The Stable Boy (118)

    Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    In Storybrooke, people can live without their hearts. Didn't queeny put David's in a box or something? Without a heart just means without love.

    and yes, thngs are all coming to a head. what? 3 more left??
    No, she had Graham's heart in a box that she used to kill him after graham sided with Emma against her. As far as know david still has his heart.

  18. #18
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)
    Skydiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    54,915

    Default Re: The Stable Boy (118)

    ok, sorry. I just knew she had someone's heart and they existed fine until she squished it.

  19. #19
    Captain
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: The Stable Boy (118)

    Quote Originally Posted by jeri View Post
    Of course Snow can't really be at fault, she was just a little girl. But I think Regina was emotionally traumatized enough that she's slightly deranged in her thinking. To have one's own mother kill her beloved like that is enough to send one over the edge. Because it's her mother, the first person most of us bond with and trust, she can't quite except things, so misplaces the blame on someone not so close to her. I'm sure she still hates her mother, it's just that she can't come to terms with it.
    I believe she was her step mother...then again. Maybe you are right since Snow said she didn't want Regina to lose her mother like Snow did... Still, she never seemed close to her mother and was rebelling against her. So to say she can't come to grips with it seems unrealistic to me.

  20. #20
    River's Roommate carmencatalina's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,706

    Default Re: The Stable Boy (118)

    I wanted to mention that whomever is in charge of makeup/hair on the show did a great job of making Regina look substantially younger in the scenes from fairy tale land. The actress is really beautiful in any case, but there she looked a good 10 years younger than she does in the full evil queen makeup that they use for the later story lines.

    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. What if the wormhole was stable?
    By Tanith0709 in forum Twin Destinies
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: March 17th, 2011, 12:01 AM
  2. Super-stable wormhole?
    By Aesir_Asura in forum Stargate Atlantis
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: January 7th, 2010, 01:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •