X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Born-Again Identity (717)

Episode Synopsis :

Originally posted by Buddy TV/CW
    Lucifer drives Sam to the breaking point and Sam ends up in a mental hospital. Desperate to save his brother, Dean calls every hunter he knows for help.
    Original Air Date : 03/23/2012
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Overall I liked the episode. It was good to see Sam, despite all his problems, being able to help someone as a hunter. Lucy was hilariously annoying, you can't help feeling simpathy for the devil. As for the old characters that returned I have mixed feelings:
    Spoiler:
    Not sure if I like the atonal mode this new encarnation of Meg has. It might add to her being able to inspire some awe or it might be simply annoying. Right now, I can't decide. It was wonderful to get Cas or Emmanuel (sp?) back. Funny, in spite of everything Cas did, Dean kept the raincoat. And it seemed fitting that the way he finally helped Sam had a dimension of self sacrifice. Of course, Meg will be keeping an eye on her potential "Angel Bomb". Another plus side to this episode was: no Dick. And I loved the hint that Bobby, another of their dead friends, keeps watching over the boys.
    Last edited by JadedWraith; 24 March 2012, 08:54 AM.
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

I liked the episode. Parts of it I missed due to a husband making all sorts of noise in the background despite the fact that he KNEW I was waiting for this episode all day.

I too liked that Sam was able to help someone else despite all his problems (hell.....Lucy was driving ME batty with all that singing!)

Loved the return of Cas.....and that he helped Sam.
      Spoiler:
      now where's Bobby?

IHS
      sigpic

Comment

Loved the Episode, though I have the strong wish to strangle Cas now. The writers too kind off, since they seem to turn him into a Plotdevice and nothing more.

Lucy inside Sams head is tragic, inside Cas we have one hell of a Problem. Meg surely is not just there to Babysit if you know what I mean.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Hmmmm...interesting episode. I enjoyed it, but it sortta felt a bit rushed. I've never had that feeling with an SPN episode before this one.
          sigpic

Comment

I really loved this ep. I thought it was story telling at it's best. It really did fly by.

I guess most people will be able to identify with Sam's sleepless state to some degree. I know I've suffered from insomnia at times with thoughts that just won't stop buzzing around my head. No Luci thank God but it wears you down just the same. I felt exhausted watching Sam as he tried to cope with Luci's constant sniping and yelling. All those scenes were so intense and real to me.

I wasn't sure what my feelings would be about Cas returning as I thought his story was finished. But as it turned out it was fine and I loved the end twist, which I didn't see coming. He definitely owed Sam...and has now paid his dues. How Dean feels about him now though remains to be seen. I can't see Cas being left in the hospital for long...but no idea how that'll happen. Although I guess Meg's going to be in the mix somehow.

Definitely looks like Bobby's around. But I don't think we'll see him yet though...Jim's not available. Looks like something's being set up for the future though.
            sigpic

Comment

This was a really great episode. Seeing Sam so near his breaking point was hard to watch. Castiel returning and redeeming himself to some extent was nice to see as well. I can't wait to see where things head with him, especially after that ending.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
              X