Questions about the Orici

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about the Orici

What role does the Orici play in the religion of Origin?

Is she just the commander of the Ori military forces as they wage holy war in a non-Origious galaxy, or is she more of a messianic figure? Is she considered an Ori incarnate (like Christ in Christianity is considered to be God incarnate)?

Can there only be one Orici in Origin (like there can only be one Christ in Christianity), or can there be multiple Oricis either existing at the same time or at different times?

Does the Orici have to be a female, or can the Orici be a male?

Was Adria a de-ascended Ori who used to be an ascended Ori before she was conceived within Vala?

Is the Orici the daughter of the Ori?

Is the Orici only expected to visit the non-ascended world once, or are there multiple comings of the Orici in Origin (just as there are multiple comings of Christ in Christianity)?

In the case of Adria, there could only be one Orici. As she was the daughter of a Milky Way citizen, and ultimately born in the Milky Way, it let the Ori cheat their way around the rules the Ancients were following.

I think her role was supposed to be that of Christ, a child of the Gods (the Ori) who was to spread their teaches and message. However, unlike Christ, Adria was also intended to lead the Ori forces against the unbelievers and wipe them out.

I don't think gender is an issue, it just happened that Vala had a daughter. I doubt the gender would have been a concern when they were programming her on a genetic level.

Vala isn't a de-ascended anything. She's a human who from conception was modified to be more evolved and contain the knowledge the Ori wanted her to have.
    Last edited by SaberBlade; 07 March 2012, 03:16 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      In the case of Adria, there could only be one Orici. As she was the mother of a Milky Way citizen, and ultimately born in the Milky Way, it let the Ori cheat their way around the rules the Ancients were following.
      How exactly does that work? I think I know what you're talking about but my memory is being kind of fuzzy right now...

Edit: Woot 1,000 posts.
      sigpic

Comment

In the case of Adria, there could only be one Orici. As she was the mother of a Milky Way citizen, and ultimately born in the Milky Way, it let the Ori cheat their way around the rules the Ancients were following.
        Uh...actually, she was the child of a Milky Way citizen, not the mother of one.

Comment

We're not really given very much canon data on the actual religion of Origin, on which answer the questions. But, given how connected the Priors are, anything could change whenever the Ori wanted it to...

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            Uh...actually, she was the child of a Milky Way citizen, not the mother of one.
            Sorry that's what I meant. Her mother was a Milky Way citizen. It was 3am, I think mistakes like that are allowed.

sigpic

Comment

I don't think gender is an issue, it just happened that Vala had a daughter. I doubt the gender would have been a concern when they were programming her on a genetic level.

Vala isn't a de-ascended anything. She's a human who from conception was modified to be more evolved and contain the knowledge the Ori wanted her to have.

Interesting. I wondered the same myself. We observe the Doci and Priors and Orisian soldiersare all male, but if they were sexist, Adria wouldn't be female.

I think u mean ADRIA isn;t a descended human being?
              If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
              [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

The Orici may not have been a de-ascended Ori, but she was obviously a pre-ascended Ori since she eventually ascended and became the only remaining Ori (after the rest were killed by the Sangreal). This is what distinguishes her from the Doci and the Priors. The Doci and the Priors were mere followers of the Ori, and as such they would not have been able to ascend (even though the Ori made them believe that they would). The Orici, however, was not a mere follower of the Ori. She was their offspring whom they fully intended to be capable of ascension. As such, she had more of the Ori's knowledge than the Priors had, and would be a better leader of the Ori military forces in the Milky Way than a Prior would be. It is the closest the Ori could do to sending an actual ascended Ori to the Milky Way while the Ancients were still around preventing the ascended Ori from entering the galaxy.

Comment

Working...
                X