• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart of Darkness (116)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON ONE
    HEART OF DARKNESS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 116
    Snow White's friends try and stop her when she sets out on a revenge quest against the Evil Queen. In Storybrooke, Emma works to clear Mary Margaret's name after she is implicated in Kathryn's disappearance.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 25 March 2012, 06:22 AM.

LOLOL
    'Let's show that kind what Snow White and the seven dwarfs can really do'

so, can Emma really take Regina down?
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I quite enjoyed it! Emma now realizes *somehow* that Regina "may have" framed MM/Snow. The key did it (helped Emma realize something's not quite right there)! I'm surprised Emma didn't remember the keys in the 1st place.. she did wonder to herself something like "I wonder what these are for.."
      Henry gave Emma her own "swan" key (from Regina's key ring), and it worked! Was that because Emma's DNA made it work, or for some other reason? Loved Henry for paying attention to the writer and having his (Henry's) faith restored again in "the book."

Lots of other details, like when Regina was telling David how one could stare face to face with evil and never realize it.. talking about herself an awful lot between the lines there, eh??

Mr. Gold and those strands of hair. Amazing.
      I thought sure when Emma went to Mr. Gold for help that she was going to lose her favor... *whew*. Mr. Gold telling Emma she is stronger than she (may) think.
      Love it!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I was distracted by Rumpel.... he was awesome!! and OMG!! I love him all the more!! These episodes get better and better!!
        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Ok, I had to laugh at the opening part. Snow is on drugs, (magic potion to make her forget has nasty side effects) so the dwarves stage an intervention! Grumpy has words written out on paper and everything! They bring in a counselor, Jiminy Cricket, who blows it, hey, he's a cricket!
            sigpic

Comment

I have like this episode, we do not see Rumpy / Mr Gold but a lot enough so that it pleases me.
              Cairi, beautiful pictures, I wanted to make it but the quality is too bad
              sigpic
              by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

I loved the coat he was wearing in this episode and then the way he asks or Charming's cloak!! O_O! i love Rumpel all the more now! lol!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                  I loved the coat he was wearing in this episode and then the way he asks or Charming's cloak!! O_O! i love Rumpel all the more now! lol!
                  Yes, I liked too, with the small laughter
                  And at the end, have the him to find brilliant, now he can make everything!
                  sigpic
                  by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Yes, I liked Rumple's jacket this time. It's fun that he has all these fancy outfits to wear! Mr. Gold is always wearing black, but with brightly colored ties, his Rumple side coming through.

I loved the ending, where we see what he wants with their hair. So now he can have all the power!
                    sigpic

Comment

'Once Upon a Time's' turning some of the memorable 'Disney' fairy tale moments on their head reached a wonderful high for me with the Snow White and the bird scene!

It was the funniest thing I've seen in ages! Snow White getting the cute little blue bird to come to her just so she could beat the crap out of it!

Rumpelstilskin is still the best character, there is just not enough of him on screen for my liking! The moments we do get are just so wonderfully played by RC!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                        'Once Upon a Time's' turning some of the memorable 'Disney' fairy tale moments on their head reached a wonderful high for me with the Snow White and the bird scene!

It was the funniest thing I've seen in ages! Snow White getting the cute little blue bird to come to her just so she could beat the crap out of it!

Rumpelstilskin is still the best character, there is just not enough of him on screen for my liking! The moments we do get are just so wonderfully played by RC!
                        Yeah, Snow getting crazy is a kind of metaphor to how our lives change from sweetness and light to growing up! LOL! In a weird sort of way!
                        sigpic

Comment

I gotta say, for me, I'm not a Carlyle fan. the character of Rush is one reason I stopped watching Universe. nothing is more frustrating to me than to see a manipulator continue to get away with bullying and abusing others unchecked. That's where SGU headed (couple that with some distinctly unlikable and annoying characters and I always ended the show wanting nothing more than to reach through the screen and smack the idiot characters) and my sheer frustration with the writers obsession with Eli and Rush had me turning off the set after episode 10 adn never turning it back on.

So the Rumpy and Regina hour....not my cuppa tea. He's find if he's in the story when the story needs him, but not fine FOR ME, if it turns into the Rumpy hour. I'll jsut know that I'll need to avoid any other shows with that actor in it because I simply don't care for the characters he plays. Doesn't matter to me how great of a job he does, I just live too much with manipulators to tolerate watching them on the screen.

That said....if Emma can't take regina down and reveal her for the evil queen by the end of this season that in and of itself may end the show for me. It's just too frustrating, and honestly too much like real life, to see these characters constantly manipulated by one person just to get her way. 'Good' has to triumph over 'evil', and if 'evil' just keeps winning and winning and winning, it's not worth watching to me, no matter how much I do love them turning the fairy tales on their ears.

I do think they've done a wonderful job with Snow and with Red and with Grumpy - easily 3 of the better ones right now because they are so conflicted and struggle so much with it.

I love the Prince Charming is kinda weak and non-committal. that Red is a werewolf and that grumpy is only that way because life smacked him around a few too many times. They have taken one dimensional characters and given them life, which is fantastic. I too laughed when Snow wanted to smack the blue bird.

But the finale really needs to have some satisfaction in it. Regina needs to be taken down and lose some of her power.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Interesting how different people's approach to tv-shows/movies can be. The fact that an interesting actor is in the play let me give something a chance I'd normally not watch, and luckily I wasn't disappointed with SGU, OUAT and Game of Thrones. It worked in all the three cases for me very well.

But, if I don't like a major player I don't bother to watch a show or movie. I guess I simply don't want to get confirmations of my suspicions. It'd make me grumpy, and could felt forced to tell people things they don't want to hear, or something similar unfriendly. But to each its own, I guess.

Anyway, I really loved this episode, Red was a good start , Snow as psycho was well done, the different reactions of her seven friends, Jiminy in his double role, Rumple and Gold, Regina, Charming and David, and Emma, still mistrusting everything, but starting to change that in the moment she had to protect Mary-Margaret.

Now I find more and more confirmation, that there was not that much of friendship between Rumple and the Evil Queen, and it looks more than just a competition who's the best sorcerer in FTL.
                            sigpic

Comment

Need. Screencaps. Guess I'll be busy this weekend makeing some:/
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X