• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red-Handed (115)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON ONE
    RED HANDED
    EPISODE NUMBER - 115
    Mary Margaret and Emma take in Ruby after she quits her job at the diner in a plan to seek adventure. Red Riding Hood and Snow White hunt a giant wolf that is terrorizing the village, leading to an unexpected culprit.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 16 March 2012, 02:28 PM.

Well, that was a pretty intense episode!
    Interesting twist on the identity of the wolf and red-riding hood story.
    Aww, and Peter looked very cute. Was he one of the 3 little pigs? geeze. That was such a sad *love* story.

And it seems one of Regina's heart boxes showed up? Obviously, Regina planted it. So, does the evil queen/Mayor have David under a spell of forgetfulness? Snow's prints all over the inside of the box, but what about the heart?
    Of course it's one of Snow's boxes. The EQ/Mayor got it from Snow's castle! (that's just a theory, not proven fact yet!)

EDIT--I forgot... since the EQ/Mayor collects "hearts" as a life-time hobby (of sorts), does that make her the Queen of Hearts (thus, the hearts in the boxes), or the Queen of Clubs, since she destroys (strikes them down / clubs them!) anyone she has no more use for, plus she has declared wearing the color "black" *suits* her...? Ooooooo!

Comment

O_O!!! I am in Awe of this show EVEN MORE!!! Red as the wolf is AWESOME!!! i have new love for Ruby!! she is so AWESOME!!!
      sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode, loved that Red was the wolf, and loved the dresses/cloaks that Snow and Red wore in the fairy tale land scenes.
        sigpic

Comment

The scene of Snow White (in white) and Red Riding Hood (in red) walking in the snow-covered forest was so beautiful, visually. Loved the twist - I was certain the wolf was Grandmother (and apparently, she used to turn, so once upon a time, the wolf was Grandmother), but Red as the wolf was a great twist.

I have to say - Red certainly didn't have a "happy ever after" in fairy tale land before the curse - she killed (and started to eat!) her beloved, and had to flee her village.

Maybe the "real" world of Storybrooke is better for her, at least?
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

At least in Storybrooke she doesn;t shift at the full moon and try to eat people.... so she has a better chance in RL to have a boyfriend! lol! Poor Red!! But i LOVE Her as the WOLF!!
            sigpic

Comment

I also liked how Granny in both worlds ended up being more resourceful than expected. In FTL, she made herself look sort of tough but not really until she went to rescue Peter.

In Storybrooke, as I suspected (not at first, but when Ruby asked for her job back), Granny was thinking ahead to plan for the day she would no longer be around, so Ruby could take over the diner. That was soooooooo sweet, and such a wonderful scene.

Comment

Yeah! She ate her boyfriend! Whoa!

I loved how in FTL, Red and Snow are brave and how in Storybrooke they are timid and sort of afraid, so we see how the curse effects people and keeps them from being themselves. Although they may be safer in Storybrooke, they're not living up to their potential.
                sigpic

Comment

I expect it was done in purpose, but through the entire series so far Ruby has come across as a right slapper, but in the last scene in the diner she looked extremely grown up, and a lot more attractive than her slapper predecessor, hope they continue that and she doesn't slip back into the crop tops and mini-skirts next week.

and WTF! Red as the Wolf (I was thing it was Granny throughout the ep), and the box.... wot wot wot!

Comment

Even without my favorite character a very good episode. Loved the twist with Red, and Granny. The decision to let Red kill, and partly eat her beloved Peter was quite a dark move for a family series, but the episode got also a Warning "14+". Still, not directly the family proved Disney TV one may think.

I really like what those people are doing with the costumes, for the fairy tale part and for Storybrooke. Nothing is accidentally, love that.
                    sigpic

Comment

This show gets better everytime I watch it!! I loved how Ruby was the wolf, but three things got me.
                      1. not sure Peter was her true love.
                      2. were they going for the Peter and the wolf story line? Because we never actually see that it is for sure Peter she kills
                      3. Is her love (Peter) the wolf in the forrest around storybrook, and he never died just changed into a werewolf but in storybrook is a wolf instead of man?

and 4. am i just cracked and reading way to much into the story?
                      Music and Stargate
                      sigpic
                      Perfection

Comment

Hm, not sure if it's too much to talk about "the one big true love." Red had for sure interest in that boy, but both were more or less kids when that accident happened. He was sweet, tho.

That boy Peter is dead at the end of the episode, I didn't doubt that. And to show more of the killing would not be possible at that time. Too much blood.

Peter as the wolf in Storybrooke would be an interesting idea, but people who're dead in FTL don't exist in the RW either, so it might be possible the the wolf is just a wolf there. Maybe a some kind of guide for lost souls in Storybrooke. But who knows...
                        sigpic

Comment

Great episode! I would never have thought that Red would be the wolf! I always thought of Peter! But Red herself? Wow, amazing thing. But poor for him he died. But I have a question: The guy who repaired Ruby's car in 1x04 The Price of Gold...wasn't his name Peter????????

Anyway, I like Granny more and more. She's a great woman but maybe she really should have told Red about it. Would have been a lot better I think.

And in Storybrook: It's amazing how Ruby has changed. In the beginning she was still wearing that tons of make-up but in the end she looked so older and wiser! Not that little punky girl anymore. And I think helping Emma with Kathryns disappearence was also helpful for her.

Is it really Kathryns heart? That's quite shocking. I wonder how the EQ managed to put MM's fingerprints on the box? Do you really think MM did this? No, not her.
                          sigpic

Comment

If the box came from the Fairytale land, maybe Snow handled it at one point somewhere, and it came over to Storybrooke with Regina.
                            no means no, and so does pepper spray
                            Sig by The Carpenter
                            sigpic

Comment

It's possible, We know there are somethings that crossed over from TFW over to StoryBrooke. So snow could have handled the box at some point down the line when she and the queen lived in the palace together.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X