• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
    Pretty good ep.
    One shock that I did like was...
    Spoiler:
    Seeing the old TV move of the gun going off and waiting to see who died...almost thought for a second both Rich and Shane died
    Wonder what the body count will be next ep
    Many will, i presume it will be mainly Hershel's family.
    Spoiler:
    On a still of the episode we can see Rick, Lori, Carl, T-Dog and Andrea on the road. Presumably after the zombies attacked.
    sigpic
    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
      Many will, i presume it will be mainly Hershel's family.
      Spoiler:
      On a still of the episode we can see Rick, Lori, Carl, T-Dog and Andrea on the road. Presumably after the zombies attacked.

Spoiler:
      Hopefully the bit of Darryl on his cycle indecates he survives as well cause if they kill off my fave redneck.....NOOOOOOO!!!!!
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
        Hopefully the bit of Darryl on his cycle indecates he survives as well cause if they kill off my fave redneck.....NOOOOOOO!!!!!
        Spoiler:
        Darryl and Carol. So it just leaves Glenn and who else to possible die? I hope he won't die.But the shots could be early on the episodes, because deaths have occurred near the end of them.
        sigpic
        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

^
          Spoiler:
          Carol I expect, but they better leave Glenn and Daryl alone.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Gotta remember that what happesn in the comic won't necessarly happen in the show...at least right away. "shane anyone"

And guh..if they cool off all the cool characters in the finale and we get stuck with just Rick Carl,and Lori next season is gonna SUCK!
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

Gotta remember that what happesn in the comic won't necessarly happen in the show...at least right away. "shane anyone"

And guh..if they cool off all the cool characters in the finale and we get stuck with just Rick Carl,and Lori next season is gonna SUCK!
              Well the producers will not effectively kill their own show by killing every one at the same time. I don't expect Lori, Darryl, Andrea, Glenn and all the gang to survive for ever. They will die, in the comic Lori died (on what would be the 3rd season, if they do the prision) Hershel died and i suspect he dies on next episode. Only two person are untouchable, Rick and Carl, because the story follows the two.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                yeah I know they better not do that But yeah this EP ROCKED!! I loved the confrontation between Rick and Shane..and how artistically that was directed. I loved the moonlight and just the eerie feel of the whole thing like it was ....IDK... almost surreal. I liked how they showed the flashes after Shane died like it was what he was experiencing becoming a walker? That was quite disturbing....actually it may have been way cooler to have them continue that and show things from Shane's perspective while he was sneaking up behind Rick. Yeah and I wanted to smack Carl again.....for him not saying anything I knew something was gonna be up with that gun since they made a point of showing Rick making him keep it...which I thought was odd. He stole the gun from Daryl...IMO he should've been told to put it back. I think he's a little young to be "Manning up" by toting his own weapon...but Meh... I guess if he knows how to shoot it then why not....but Carl hasn't been too responsible lately so I don't know that it's wise to let him keep a gun. And can't they keep track of their own kid? You'd think when he goes sneaking off like that.. Lori or someone would notice.

*sniff* I'll miss crazyass Shane....but yeah he was self destructing in a big way so I didn't see any other direction for this character to go...and Shane did make an awesome Zombie!

As for Rick ....he did seem shocked by the whole thing and the way he walked over to look at Shane in the end to confirm his suspicions...it could've been more of a oh **** that is true moment than anything else...maybe hoping it wasn't true. And I think they could have made that revelation reveal a bit better because....
                Spoiler:
                How do they know that he wasn't scratched or bitten or whatever? It was dark....how could you possibly examine a body that well at night? You can't ....hell for that matter blood could fly into your mouth.....wouldn't that be an issue? ANd they don't think of having zombie brain matter splattering all over and getting all over them could be a slight problem?

But all in all it's been an awesome ride and I'm now afraid to see what the body count will be next week
                Originally posted by jelgate
                This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                  *sniff* I'll miss crazyass Shane....but yeah he was self destructing in a big way so I didn't see any other direction for this character to go...and Shane did make an awesome Zombie!

But all in all it's been an awesome ride and I'm now afraid to see what the body count will be next week
                  I was just going come in here and say that i forgot to mention what an awesome zombie shane made

Me 2, Leave poor Daryl & Glenn Alone
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                    I was just going come in here and say that i forgot to mention what an awesome zombie shane made

Me 2, Leave poor Daryl & Glenn Alone
                    Yeah I know And actually I was giggling watching Shane stumble towards Rick...well not at the time but now that I watch again...it's like he was in the bit when he killed off Otis... I actually thought in that trailer of that ep that he got infected by how he was walking there.

I just wonder how Lori is going to take the whole thing? I know not many here are Lori fans and she is very annoying at times...but I'll miss that little threesome dynamic that Rick, Shane and Lori had going...yeah I'm sick that way
                    Originally posted by jelgate
                    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Yeah I know And actually I was giggling watching Shane stumble towards Rick...well not at the time but now that I watch again...it's like he was in the bit when he killed off Otis... I actually thought in that trailer of that ep that he got infected by how he was walking there.

I just wonder how Lori is going to take the whole thing? I know not many here are Lori fans and she is very annoying at times...but I'll miss that little threesome dynamic that Rick, Shane and Lori had going...yeah I'm sick that way
                      you are

Spoiler:

She will probably take it hard either last episode or the one before that she was almost asking rick to kill shane, but now that his gone i think she will be teard up and that lori & rick will fight about that too
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

Sounds like the 3rd series will be the start of the Empire Strikes Back event of the series.
                        I like Sharky
                        sigpic

Comment

Just caught up with this episode.
                          Spoilered myself that Shane died, but didnt see it coming with that story of the episode.
                          Also, didnt expect Carl to shoot zombieShane, but it was nice to see they sort of kept with the comic on that.
                          Going to watch the finale now, I expect a bodycount, and a very good episode cause of the viewing figures and what Ive read.

Comment

Also just caught up...

I also knew that Shane was going to die - if not just because of the direction the character has gone, then from IMDB's character list for S3...

Certainly surprised me when we discovered that you turn zombie walker without a bite/scratch...

(Someone mentioned that being revealed/rumoured by the CDC... What was said? I forget... :} )

As soon as they split up during the search in the forest, I knew Shane was going to try kill Rick... just thought the other 2 would catch up sooner, and come to Rick's aid - though of course, that would have taking some impact from the confrontation.

It did feel like Rick was waiting for Shane to turn... then got rather distracted from his son pointing a gun he had just given him, at him... (Was waiting for boywonder to shoot his dad actually)
                            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                            and lots more!

Comment

I loved the confrontation between Rick and Shane..and how artistically that was directed. I loved the moonlight and just the eerie feel of the whole thing like it was ....IDK... almost surreal.
                              Great point. ^

One of the many artistic qualities that made this show great in season two was the backdrop. Here, a full moon, trees, darkness, and the ever present wildlife sounds in the background. I lived in Georgia a few years ago, and wildlife is that loud! Crickets, frogs, and ever so often- cicadas. I'm sure the producers actually take the time to include the sounds of wildlife for the affect it has on the audience which is likely subconscious for most people. Still, it adds to the sensation of being isolated in an uncivilized world, and at the mercy of an untamed environment.

And the interaction between Shane and Rick is dynamic. Shane is goading Rick into killing him, imo. But it is a matter of interpretation. And Rick's reaction to Shane's death is telling. It shows how close they were as best friends. Lori destroyed that.. Her character is one of my least favorites because of how she played Rick and Shane against each other. But that's a thread of its own.
                              sigpic

Comment

Glad Shane was gone in this one! He was starting to annoy me. Sorry guys, I just got into the Walking Dead. Kinda late watching it as i wasn't into zombie movies before.

Comment

Working...
                                X