• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judge, Jury, Executioner (211)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON TWO
    JUDGE, JURY, EXECUTIONER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 211
    Dale attempts to sway the group with a moral argument after Rick makes it clear that he plans to execute their prisoner. Carl gets too close to a walker in the forest, which has unforeseen consequences.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 10 March 2012, 01:58 PM.

OMG! I...what....Dale
    Carl you moron!
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Wow! Just wow! Goodbye Dale! Carl, you idiot!
      sigpic
      - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

I had a feeling someone was going to bite it.

Leave poor Carl alone. He is still just a kid but boy did he learn a big lesson. It is never a good idea to tease a Zombie.
        sigpic
        Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

^ lol. When he dropped the gun I sarcastically thought what if the walker decided to picked it up and bring it to camp with him. I mean it was smart enough to figure out how to twist its way unstuck. Had a feeling that ep wasn't going to end well....

Carl should have told someone. Obviously he didn't want to get in trouble for going off, but I blame his stupid parents for that just as much as I do him. No one noticed him gone? Has he become the invisible child now even though he was nearly killed.

Poor Dale. He was right in this episode, imo. Not that I trust the guy they have chained up, but what's the point in killing him in cold blood like that. They might as well have left him in town to begin with to get eaten. Which is why I thought the ep before this was pretty dumb...them wasting all that gasoline to drive him off only to then discover he knew where he had been. Did no one think to have Daryl "question" him in the first place to get some answers before sending him on his merry way.

Again poor Dale. Not exactly my favorite character as I found him annoying at times, but that's no way to go.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post
            I had a feeling someone was going to bite it.

Leave poor Carl alone. He is still just a kid but boy did he learn a big lesson. It is never a good idea to tease a Zombie.
            That's the big lesson ? Never tease a Zombie ? How about never go off on your own ? Which can be applied to both a grown up & adult in that world. The next on my list to be killed off as I never liked Dale

Andrea
            Carl
            Lori

In that order

Comment

*sigh*

I'll be honest, I didn't like the ending. I thought it was actually really dumb, and just didn't make much sense.
              • killing off the moral centre of the group, when the morality of survival at any cost has been an issue since word one....what kind of a narrative decision is that?
              • the walker, after wasting away in the woods for who knows how long, suddenly miraculously finds his way to the farm to munch on a horse?
              • Dale's in a wide open field in every direction in the dead of night...and somehow a walker is not only able to appear behind him without Dale having noticed it in this WIDE OPEN FIELD, but is able to do so silently until it's too late? PLEASE
              • that same walker, who just 15 minutes before was unable to pull a child on the ground toward himself, suddenly has the strength to tear open Dale's stomach?
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                *sigh*

I'll be honest, I didn't like the ending. I thought it was actually really dumb, and just didn't make much sense.
                • killing off the moral centre of the group, when the morality of survival at any cost has been an issue since word one....what kind of a narrative decision is that?
                • the walker, after wasting away in the woods for who knows how long, suddenly miraculously finds his way to the farm to munch on a horse?
                • Dale's in a wide open field in every direction in the dead of night...and somehow a walker is not only able to appear behind him without Dale having noticed it in this WIDE OPEN FIELD, but is able to do so silently until it's too late? PLEASE
                • that same walker, who just 15 minutes before was unable to pull a child on the ground toward himself, suddenly has the strength to tear open Dale's stomach?
                What I'm thinking is that the walker might have been lying down on the ground and Dale just walked right by him, then the walker gets up and essentially sneaks up on him. Of course, that doesn't explain the stomach being ripped open (though someone over on Total War Center thinks that it's cause the walker's hands became more boney and was simply able to tear through).

But whatever.
                sigpic

Comment

I couldn't see the tearing very well, but I have been thinking...Could the zombie have dug into the navel and used that as a weak spot, essentially?
                  sigpic

Comment

Stupid Carl
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      *sigh*

I'm definitely with you on that one. That I don't buy. But I knew when the camera panned around it would be standing there...as implausible as that may be.

I don't see how the cows hadn't already drawn randoms in. In one of those scenes earlier in the ep, you could hear the cows mooing in the background. I guess we are supposed to assume the walker got in through the break in the fence that was mentioned in earlier conversation.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                        What I'm thinking is that the walker might have been lying down on the ground and Dale just walked right by him, then the walker gets up and essentially sneaks up on him. Of course, that doesn't explain the stomach being ripped open (though someone over on Total War Center thinks that it's cause the walker's hands became more boney and was simply able to tear through).

But whatever.
                        I agree with you Gen. In the comic there where many instances where a walker was lying still hidden until something passed near. What i don't buy is the cow standing there while it is being tore open by the walker. As son as the walker gave the first bite it should have gone away trotting it would be impossible for the walker to get a hold of it. And it would have been funny seeing the walker following the cow around all night and morning.
                        sigpic
                        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

"it ain't like it was before - Shane

"Before" has a whole new meaning now.

"Before" meant humanity and right and wrong and belief and morality and good vs. evil.

Now all that is left is Grey.

The Mimbari were right.
                          Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Sad episode. I liked Dale for the most part, he was a bit annoying at times, but he was a good guy(in a way too good I guess).

I'm dissapointed that Dale was killed in this episode, but meanwhile a few episodes back Lori survives a major(and as far as I can see pointless) car accident and walker attack with only a few bruises(and not even a misacarriage).

I wish his death was set up a bit better though, so that it didn't come off as so contrived(I can't think of another word for it). Like someone above mentioned, the cow wouldn't just stand there and allow itself to get disemboweled(by a walker who was barely able to move just a bit earlier). And shouldn't it have made more noise as it was getting eaten(and so alerting people that something was wrong earlier)? I haven't been around many cows so I really don't know how loud they are. Everyone heard Dale scream in pain, so the cow must have been pretty quiet as it was being eaten alive(Dale didn't hear it until he was pretty close).
                            Last edited by VampyreWraith; 06 March 2012, 05:34 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

What a bad way for Dale to go. I will miss him.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X