This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Episode (Season Eight): 1. Threads!! 2. Gemini 3. Reckoning Part 2

Best Jack Moment: When Jacks adds 'Never mind' to his resignation letter.

Best Daniel Moment: Yelling at the ascended Ancients in the diner to help fight Anubis, and finally getting through to Oma (Threads)

Best Sam Moment: With her father, both watching him die and then with him as he passes (Threads)

Best Teal’c Moment: All of Affinity - particularly when he knocks down the purse thief with an awesome throw

Best Team Moment: Fishing!!

Best Alien Race: Replicators

Best Goa’uld Villain: Jim

Coolest Technology: The time-travelling Puddle Jumper

Best Guest Star: Dan Castellaneta!

Comment

Best Episode (Season Eight) Threads, Its Good to be King, Avatar

Best Jack Moment "God I miss going off-world!!" - Its Good to be King

Best Daniel Moment - While controlled by Replicator Carter, learns from her and takes charge of "her breathren," just long enough for Sam and Baal to stop her for good. YEAH!!!

Best Sam Moment - As a replicator, Carter destroys the last remaining system lords, including Lord Yu, and later kills Daniel. Also when she turns down Pete's marriage proposal. I was HEATED when she originally accepted. This season was so epic.

Best Teal’c Moment "It is not possible." Teal'c throws in the towel. - Avatar

Best Team Moment - Fishing trip, w/fish in Jack's pond. "Almost right."

Best Alien Race - The plant from Zero Hour

Best Goa’uld Villain - Anubis

Coolest Technology - Have to pass on the Ancient time ship and go with the "matrix" chair from Avatar

Best Guest Star - Is it Harry Maybourn? "My wives..." - its good to be king. is it the scotch drinking has-been Senator Kinsey? no, i have to go with George Dzundza as human Anubis. Oh he was so perfectly cast. A gluttonous looking man with a smile like Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal. If only he appeared throughout the season.

Best Richard Dean Anderson season - this one
      Last edited by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal; 14 March 2012, 11:05 PM.
      When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Best Episode: Reckoning Pt2 (Though I loved New Order pts 1 & 2 & Prometheus Unbound for the humour!)

Best Jack Moment: Jack saving Silers @ss - again - & defending the SGC in - Reckoning Pt2

Best Sam Moment: Helping Selmak/Jacob with the help also from Ba'al to get the weapon on Dakara to work - Reckoning Pt2

Best Daniel Moment: Fighting RepliCarter "A little more time in Danny's World" Reckoning Pt 2

Best Teal'c Moment: Fighting with Sam & the free Jaffa on Dakara to stop RepliCarter - Reckoning Pt2

Best Team Moment: SG-1 finally going fishing.

Best Alien Race: The Replicators

Best Goa'uld Villain: Ba'al

Coolest Technology Ancient Weapon on Dakara

Best Guest Star: Tom McBeath - It's Good to be King
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Best Episode: Reckoning Part 2

Best Jack Moment: All of Zero Hour (Zero Hour)

Best Sam Moment: Getting the Dakara weapon to work, with help from Jacob/Selmak and Ba'al. (Reckoning Part 2)

Best Daniel Moment: Getting into RepliCarter's mind to make the replicators pause, giving Jacob time to start the Dakara weapon. (Reckoning Part 2)

Best Teal'c Moment: Eventually winning the game after overcoming his fears. (Avatar)

Best Team Moment: Fishing!

Best Alien Race: The Replicators

Best Goa'uld Villain: Ba'al

Coolest Technology: Dakara superweapon

Best Guest Star: Tom McBeath (It's Good to be King)
          sigpic

Comment

• Best Episode (Season Eight)
            Moebius Part 2
            Prometheus Unbound
            It’s Good to Be the King
            • Best Jack Moment
            Moebius Part 2 - When Jack takes the chance with Sam
            • Best Daniel Moment
            Icon - Standing up to right the wrong their visit caused.
            • Best Sam Moment
            Covenant - Standing up and working to protect the good name of Alec Coleson.
            • Best Teal'c Moment
            Sacrifices - Risking it all to safe the woman he loves and the Jaffa rebellion.
            • Best Team Moment
            Moebius Part 2
            • Best Alien Race
            Ancients
            • Best Goa'uld Villain
            Ra
            • Coolest Technology
            The Ancient jumper
            • Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)
            Tom McBeath in It’s Good to Be King

Comment

Best Episode (Season Eight)
              Reckoning Part II

Best Jack Moment
              Fighting off Replicators with the disruptor

Best Daniel Moment
              Fighting off RepliCarter mind probe

Best Sam Moment
              Solving Ancient puzzles without the help of Daniel

Best Teal'c Moment
              Convincing the Jaffa to take over Dakara

Best Team Moment
              fishing scene in Reckoning part II
              Best Alien Race
              Replicators

Best Goa'uld Villain
              Ba'al

Coolest Technology
              Dakara superweapons

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)
              Don S. Davis for Prometheus Unbound
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Prometheus Unbound of course.

Sadly I can't vote :/

Comment

Best Episode (Season Eight) (it won't let me vote in poll)
                  ? Moebius, Part 1
                  ? Moebius, Part 2
                  ? It's Good to Be King

• Best Jack Moment
                  ? Jack comforts Sam when her father is dying. (Threads)

• Best Daniel Moment
                  ? Daniel gets into replicator Sam's head and stops the replicators long enough for real Sam, Jacob and Baal to figure out how to stop them permanently. (Reckoning, Part 2)

• Best Sam Moment
                  ? When faced with death alternate timeline Sam kisses alternate timeline Jack. When he says "Wait, I thought you liked Daniel?" She replies "I lied, I just wanted to get to know you better" and they continue to kiss. (Moebius, Part 2)

• Best Teal’c Moment
                  ? Trelak tells Teal'c "I'll see to it that you suffer slowly" and Teal'c replies "And I will see to it that you die quickly." When Teal'c shoves the knife into Trelak's chest Trelak says "You are a man of your word." Teal'c simply replies "Indeed" and finishes him off. (Its Good to Be King)

• Best Team Moment
                  ? Jack, Daniel and Teal'c frantically search for Sam in the forest while fighting off replicators. They continue to fight the replicators even after Fifth threatens Sam's life. They eventually find her and are happy to see her even though the replicators escaped. (New Order, Part 2)

• Best Alien Race
                  ? The Asgard (New Order, Part 2)

• Best Goa’uld Villain
                  ? Camulus (Zero Hour)

• Coolest Technology
                  ? Replicator Disruptor (New Order, Part 2)

• Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)
                  ? Tom McBeath as Harry Maybourne (It's Good to be King)

Comment

Damn, didn't notice the up to three votes thing; guess I'll have to state my noms here. Please don't disqualify me...

1. Affinity
                    2. It's Good to be King
                    3. Moebius
                    Back from the grave.

Comment

I really would like to change one of my votes to Covenant. I've always loved this episode and to see it voteless hurts. I'm watching The Road Not Taken from season 10 right now and its a very fitting sequel with a great beginning that deserves recognition. eh, nuff said
                      When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Thanks for the nominations this month, everyone! Watch the GateWorld home page for the official ballot this week.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Vote now at GateWorld!

SG-1 SEASON EIGHT: OFFICIAL BALLOT

Vote for one per category. (All fields are required.)

Best Episode (SG-1 Season Eight)
                          • New Order, Part 2
                          • Reckoning, Part 1
                          • Reckoning, Part 2
                          • Threads
                          • Moebius, Part 2

Best Jack Moment
                          • His consciousness inside Thor's computer, Jack messes with the lights and appears as a hologram before creating an Ancient weapon capable of stopping the Replicators. ("New Order, Part 2")
                          • Facing squabbling alien dignitaries, the capture of SG-1, a plant run amok, and the impending visit of the President, O'Neill finally decides against resigning his new desk job -- adding to the bottom of his resignation letter "Never mind." ("Zero Hour")
                          • Jack tells off Baal when the holographic System Lord appears to ask for help against the Replicators: "Instead of helping you, why don't we sit back and watch you get your ass kicked!" ("Reckoning, Part 1")

Best Daniel Moment
                          • Stranded on a world on the brink of civil war, Daniel is nursed back to health by a local woman and then tries to put right the wrong caused by SG-1's visit. ("Icon")
                          • As Repli-Carter tries to access his Ancient knowledge, Daniel uses the mental link against her to freeze the Replicator swarms and prevent her from seizing the Ancients' super-weapon. ("Reckoning, Part 2")
                          • Caught in a diner between life and death, Daniel tries to convince the silent Ancients to stop Anubis from wiping out all life in the galaxy -- and finally gets through to Oma Desala. ("Threads")

Best Sam Moment
                          • When Sam's Replicator doppelganger shows up asking Stargate Command to end her life, Sam hesitantly trusts her -- only to be betrayed and lose Earth's only weapon against the Replicators. ("Gemini")
                          • With help from her father and Baal, Carter figures out how to use the Ancient weapon on Dakara to wipe the Replicators out of existence once and for all. ("Reckoning, Part 2")
                          • Sam visits her father Jacob for the last time, sitting by his bedside in the infirmary as he passes away. ("Threads")

Best Teal'c Moment
                          • Teal'c is pushed to the limit when he cannot escape a seemingly unwinnable virtual combat scenario, at one point even resigning himself to his fate. ("Avatar")
                          • A frustrated Teal'c handily defeats O'Neill at ping pong while discussing the impending marriage of his son, but eventually accepts Kar'yn and Rya'c's union. ("Sacrifices")
                          • Teal'c takes leadership of the Jaffa resistance and convinces them to seize Dakara, helping SG-1 stop the Replicators and dealing a death blow to the Goa'uld enslavement of his people. ("Reckoning, Part 2")

Best Team Moment
                          • With both the Goa'uld and the Replicators defeated and the galaxy safe at last, SG-1 visits Jack's cabin for a well-deserved fishing trip. ("Threads")
                          • SG-1 travels back in time to ancient Egypt to retrieve a Z.P.M., encountering Ra and creating an alternate timeline when they cannot get home. ("Moebius, Part 1")
                          • The team reassembles in an alternate timeline, visiting Chulak before going back in time to ensure a successful uprising against Ra on Earth. ("Moebius, Part 2")

Best Alien Race (Season Eight)
                          • The Asgard ("Covenant")
                          • The Jaffa ("Reckoning, Part 1")
                          • The Replicators ("Reckoning, Part 2")

Best Goa'uld Villain
                          • Anubis ("Reckoning, Part 1")
                          • Baal ("Zero Hour")
                          • Camulus ("New Order")

Coolest Technology
                          • Replicator disruptor ("New Order, Part 2")
                          • Dakara super-weapon ("Reckoning, Part 2")
                          • Time-traveling Puddle Jumper ("Moebius, Part 2")

Best Guest Star
                          • Claudia Black as Vala Mal Doran ("Prometheus Unbound")
                          • Dan Castellaneta as Joe Spencer ("Citizen Joe")
                          • Don S. Davis as George Hammond ("Prometheus Unbound")
                          • George Dzundza as "Jim" / Anubis ("Threads")
                          • Tom McBeath as Harry Maybourne ("It's Good To Be King")
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                          X