X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Rewatch: SG-1 Season Eight Nominations

Nominations, Please!

The Stargate Rewatch has reached a pivotal year of Stargate SG-1: Season Eight, which is on our screens all through March! Here’s your intro to this season, including links to everything related to Season Eight on GateWorld.

The Rewatch is progressing at the reasonable pace of one season per month, or about five episodes each week. Starting in March, you’ve got all month to enjoy 20 episodes rather than 22. (Next month we’ll move on to Season Nine rather than bouncing away to the first season of Atlantis, though it aired concurrently with Season Eight.)

We'll take nominations in this thread for the first half of the month, and then unveil the award ballot for voting on the GateWorld home page the second half of the month. At the end of March, we'll announce the winners to wrap up this season of the Stargate fan community Rewatch project.

Season One Award Winners
    Season Two Award Winners
    Season Three Award Winners
    Season Four Award Winners
    Season Five Award Winners
    Season Six Award Winners
    Season Seven Award Winners

The Categories:
    (Remember, keep your noms limited to Season Eight only!)
    • Best Episode (Season Eight)
    • Best Jack Moment
    • Best Daniel Moment
    • Best Sam Moment
    • Best Teal'c Moment
    • Best Team Moment
    • Best Alien Race
    • Best Goa'uld Villain
    • Coolest Technology
    • Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)

(You can also suggest new categories for next month's Season Nine Awards.) Remember that the best alien race, villain, and technology you nominate don't have to be new to the show in Season Eight, but they do have to make an appearance in Season Eight!

Here's How to Nominate:

There's a poll above for the first category, Best Episode. You may vote for up to THREE episodes. (If you vote for any more, we'll have to disqualify all your votes.) You must use the poll for your "Best Episode" nominations to be counted (don't just post them below). Remember, this is just the nomination stage. The top vote-getters will square off in the official poll.

For all other categories, just post below. Two rules:

Please specify the episode! ("That one where Teal'c says 'Indeed'" won't be counted.)

One nomination per category per person, please! So think about it, watch some episodes, and come back and post. (If we detect fake "sock" accounts stuffing the nominations box, ALL your noms will be disqualified.)

The final ballot will include those with the most nominations, so don't skip over something because someone else already posted it. Nominate what you think is the best of the best!

Nominations will close on or around Saturday, March 17. Thanks!
    New Order, Part 1
    3.65%
    New Order, Part 2
    8.76%
    Lockdown
    3.65%
    Zero Hour
    5.11%
    Icon
    2.92%
    5.11%
    Affinity
    0.73%
    Covenant
    0.00%
    Sacrifices
    1.46%
    Endgame
    0.73%
    Gemini
    2.92%
    Prometheus Unbound
    5.84%
    It's Good To Be King
    5.11%
    Full Alert
    1.46%
    Citizen Joe
    0.73%
    Reckoning, Part 1
    8.03%
    Reckoning, Part 2
    20.44%
    Threads
    15.33%
    Moebius, Part 1
    2.19%
    Moebius, Part 2
    5.84%
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Best Episode (Season Eight)
    Threads

Best Jack Moment
    Facing squabling alien dignitaries, the capture of SG-1 by the Goa'uld, a plant run amok, and the impending visit of the President, O'Neill considers resigning his desk job. But he decides to stay, and the President endorses his command. ("Zero Hour")

Best Daniel Moment
    Daniel stranded on a world on the brink of civil war, where a local woman nurses him back to health after he is injured. ("Icon")

Best Sam Moment
    When Sam's Replicator doppelganger shows up asking Stargate Command to end her life, Sam hesitantly trusts her -- only to be betrayed and lose Earth's only weapon against the Replicators. ("Gemini")

Best Teal'c Moment
    Teal'c moving into his own apartment off the base and is caught up in a murder investigation. ("Affinity")

Best Team Moment
    SG-1 finally going fishing. ("Threads")

Best Alien Race
    The Replicators ("Reckoning, Part 2")

Best Goa'uld Villain
    Ba'al ("Zero Hour")

Coolest Technology
    Ancient Distruptor ("New Order Part 2")

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)
    Tom McBeath as Harry Maybourne ("It's Good to be King")
    Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 03 March 2012, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Best Episode: "Threads" - hands down, the best episode of season 8. This episode, for me, brought closure to 99% of the existing story lines within SG-1.

Best Jack Moment: "Zero Hour" - really, the whole damn episode. If i had to pinpoint a specific moment, it'd be the Never Mind tacked on to his letter of resignation.

Best Daniel moment: "Threads" - in the diner, in limbo between corporeal life and ascension, working to convince Oma, and any whole will listen, to fight back against Anubis.

Best Sam Moment: "Gemini" - negotiating with RepliCarter

Best Teal'c Moment: "Sacrifices" - kicking O'Neils ass at Ping Pong while discussing the impending marriage of his son.

Best Team Moment: "Moebius (2)" - the team in the alternate timeline going through the gate, and then going back in time to ensure a successful uprising on Earth.

Best Alien Race: Replicators

Best Goa'uld Villain: Ba'al

Coolest Technology: The ancient weapon on Dakara

Best Guest Star: "It's Good To Be King" - Tom McBeath as Harry Maybourne

Comment

Reckoning Part 2

Best Jack Moment
        Facing squabling alien dignitaries, the capture of SG-1 by the Goa'uld, a plant run amok, and the impending visit of the President, O'Neill considers resigning his desk job. But he decides to stay, and the President endorses his command. ("Zero Hour") - copied off one of the previous posters because I couldn't have put it better..

Best Daniel Moment
        Facing off Replicarter and finally gaining control of the Replicators - "Spend a little more time in Danny's World"...Reckoning Pt 2 - although his defence of Oma Desala against The Ancients re: her punishment over Anubis in Threads should get an honourable mention..

Best Sam Moment
        As Replicarter facing off Daniel in Reckoning Part 2

Best Teal'c Moment
        Ping Pong game with O'Neill - so frickin' funny! - Sacrifices

Best Team Moment
        The slow-motion shot of each member and their individual fight against the Replicators with the final shot of Daniel dying (again) - Reckoning Part 2

Best Alien Race
        The Replicators ("Reckoning, Part 2")

Best Goa'uld Villain
        Camulus ("New Order Parts 1&2") - what can I say - it's that kilt

Coolest Technology
        Ancient Distruptor ("New Order Part 2") - "Who's Ya Daddy?"...

Tom McBeath as Harry Maybourne ("It's Good to be King") - anyone who names a burial ground after the Grateful Dead is a star in my eyes!

Yeah that's it....
        sigpic
        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Dude Darren what's going on!? I as well as a few others nominated for the last two months new categories why dont u use them!!!???

Anyways I will continue-
          Best Episode: Reckoning Part 2 (The replicators invade the galaxy, Ba'al teams up with SG-1, Jack fights with the SGC against the replicators, Daniel deals with RepliCarter, Jacob, Sam and Teal'c destroy the replicators as well as dealing the Goauld and Anubis huge blows!) (and as a whole episode it would be Reckoning)
          Best Jack Moment: Jack messes around as a hologram and inside Thor's computer only to end up developing the key that led to the Replicator's extinction! (New Order Part 2)
          Best Daniel Momen: Daniel takes a stand and convinces Oma Desala to end the terror of Anubis once and for all ultimatly coming back to life (for the like 3rd or 4th time lol)...naked....in Jack's office. (Threads)
          Best Sam Moment: Sam as the last hope for the galaxy (with SG-1 buying her time elsewhere) attempts and ultimatley uses the Ancient Dakara weapon and wipes out the Replicators out of existence once and for all! (Reckoning Part 2)
          Best Teal'c Moment: Teal'c taking leadership of the Free Jaffa Nation and leading a assualt that not only helps SG-1 stop the Replicators but as well as defeat Ba'al who was commanding Anubis's army. (Reckoning Part 2)
          Best Team Moment: (I always vote for the one where the entire SG-1 is together not like in reckoning where they are spread out) When SG-1 travel's through time to Egypt B.C. to retrieve a ZPM along the way encountering Ra (The first ever villain of Stargate) and creating an alternate timeline (that then results in the correct timeline with SG-1 recieving a ZPM from...themselves... (Moebius Part 1)
          Best Alien Race- Goa'uld! (Anubis, Ba'al, Ra and Apophis (alternate timeline) as well as more system lords)
          Best Goa'uld villain- Anubis (Reckoning Part 1 and Threads but between the two, Reckoning Part 1)
          Coolest Technology- The replicator destroyer gun Jack created (New Order Part 2)
          Best Guest Star- Amanda Tapping as RepliCarter (Reckoning Part 2) (if that doesnt work then Tom McBeath as Harold Mayborne (Its good to be the King))

My made up categories since u wont put them in-
          Best Visual Effects: The Game Teal'c and Daniel almost die in (Avatar)
          Best Thor episode: New Order Part 2
          Best Capture of an SG-1 member: RepliCarter beaming up Daniel to torture him for information (Reckoning part 1)

Comment

1. Reckoning, Pt. II
            2. Threads
            3. New Order, Pt. II

Best Jack Moment- "You made sure they were Krispy Kremes, right..?" Up front, I am very biased towards the episode that most of us with sudden leadership
            responsibilities have had to go through ourselves, and poor ol' Jack was in the
            line of fire from e-v-er-y conceivable direction. Hey, it ain't always pretty,
            folks..! ("Zero Hour")

Best Daniel Moment- "You lied to me..!" Our Daniel going one-on-one with one of
            the creepiest replicator entities in all variations of Stargate: Repli-Carter ("Reckoning, Pt. II")

Best Sam Moment- While "Covenant" is a personal favorite of mine- and Carter was at her best there, as well- my vote must go to her shining performance (which also includes her ultimate failure) against Repli-Carter-- a being who knows her just as much as she knows own self ("Gemini")

Best Teal'c Moment- Mentally matching his 'no-quit, never say die' fighting skills
            against a no-quit training chair-- almost to the point of actually, well, quitting
            and accepting his own fate ("Avatar")

Best Team Moment- One small, but powerful moment: The Fishing Pond. An appropriate team dénouement to a very emotionally-raw style of episode-- from Daniel fighting both Ancients and Anubis alike; to Sam finally losing her father, General Carter, after he was allowed a very, VERY fulfilling extra six years of life for all involved. ("Threads")

Best Alien Race- Our Asgard buddies were back in their prime this season-
            even including one with a 'blank slate' for good measure!

Best Goa'uld Villain- Mt Lord and Maste- er, my #2 favorite Stargate Goa'uld,
            Anubis!

Coolest Technology- The Dakara Weapon (with a super assist from Avenger
            2.1-Ba'al!)

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)- "OK, we'll do it... In exchange,
            we want Baal's territory." Torri Higginson as Dr. Weir. Torri picked up the mess
            (my opinion!) that was that character in "Lost City", and took it to a newer, more
            interesting level. And after her stellar command of that character/role in SGA, I
            grew to appreciate her contribution to the lore of Stargate even more ("New Order,
            Pt. I")

Comment

Best Jack Moment: Flickering the lights on The Daniel Jackson in New Order
              Best Daniel Moment: Reacting to being told he is 'very attractive' by a supposed Kull warrior
              Best Sam Moment: Her 'rant' when first introduced in the Moebius alternate timeline
              Best Teal'c Moment: Trying everything he can to beat the gam win Avatar, before finally giving up
              Best Team Moment: Fishing
              Best Alien Race: Caledonians/Rand Protectorate (Icon)
              Best Goa'uld Villain: Ra
              Coolest Technology: The chair from Avatar
              Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode): Tom McBeath as Harry Maybourne (It's Good To Be King)

Comment

"Reckoning, Part 2"

Best Jack Moment
                Jack tells off Baal's request for help against the Replicators. "Instead of helping you, why don't we sit back, and watch you get your ass kicked!" ("Reckoning, Part 1")

Best Daniel Moment
                Daniel takes advantage of Replicator Carter's mental link to seize control and freeze all of the Replicators. ("Reckoning, Part 2")

Best Sam Moment
                Sam visits her father for the last time. ("Threads")

Best Teal'c Moment
                Teal'c leads the rebel Jaffa to Dakara to forever end his people's enslavement to the Goa'uld. ("Reckoning, Part 1")

Best Team Moment
                Alternate SG-1 (and Daniel) travel into the past and lead the original uprising against Ra. ("Moebius, Part 2")

Best Alien Race
                The Replicators ("Reckoning")

Best Goa'uld Villain
                Anubis/Jim ("Threads")

Coolest Technology
                Dakara Superweapon/Galaxy-wide wormhole ("Reckoning, Part 2")

Claudia Black as Vala Mal Doran ("Prometheus Unbound")

Probably the toughest year for guest stars, everyone was awesome this season. Vala arriving on the scene to annoy Daniel like nobody else ever could takes the nod I think.

Comment

Reckoning pt 2

Best Jack Moment
                  Getting used to using his Ancient gene and thought control to fly the time ship into orbit, releasing the drones to blow up the Goa’uld mother ship. (It’s Good to be King)

Best Daniel Moment
                  Standing off against Replicarter in a battle of wills as she probes his subconscious for his memories of Ancient knowledge to stop her from finding the Ancient weapon on Dakara. Then paying the price as she skewers him Terminator T-1000 style! (Reckoning pt 2)

Best Sam Moment
                  Her interaction with Replicarter and trusting her in the mistaken belief that she’s like her! (Gemini)

Best Teal'c Moment
                  Teal’c hitting a fleeing purse thief squarely in the back of the head with a grocery item he’d thrown a greater distance than any ordinary human could! (Affinity)

Best Team Moment
                  ‘Gone Fishing!’ (Threads)

Best Alien Race
                  Replicators (Reckoning pt 2)

Best Goa'uld Villain
                  Anubis (Threads)

Coolest Technology
                  Replicator Disruptor (New Order pt 2)

‘Homer’….I mean Dan Castellaneta as Joe Spencer! (Citizen Joe)

This was a difficult category to choose for this season as Claudia Black was fantastic in ‘Prometheus Unbound’ and Charles Shaughnessy gave such an earnest performance as Alex Colson in ‘Covenant’, both of which are among my favourite episodes of season 8.
                  Dan Castellaneta as Citizen Joe won it for me as I just loved the way he played the poor guy who descended slowly into insanity, only to find it was all true! Those wretched Ancient communication stones are more trouble than they're worth, even with buying one at a garage sale!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                    Reckoning pt 2
                    Those wretched Ancient communication stones are more trouble than they're worth, even with buying one at a garage sale!
                    Hoo-boy, don't even get me started on those accursed stones, Krisz..!

I never liked them when I first saw them in "Citizen Joe"; I didn't like them in SGA with that Keller/thief episode, and I *definitely* didn't like their use (overuse?) in SGU.

"Avalon" and "Origin" are the only times I allowed myself to appreciate their usage, since the circumstances surrounding their use were beautifully done by the writers (that Vala death scene, I think, still ranks up there with some of the most memorable visuals in all of Stargate history...)

Comment

One of my favourite seasons due to the arcs and tying up of loose ends!

* Best Episode (Season Eight) It has to be Threads!! The bad guys got what was coming to them, the Jaffa became free, and better still- no more Pete!!!!
                      * Best Jack Moment Agree with many people above- when Jacks adds 'Never mind' to his resignation letter.
                      * Best Daniel Moment Pleading with the ascended Ancients in the diner to help fight Anubis, and finally getting through to Oma
                      * Best Sam Moment I didn't like the Pete saga, and she came across as weak when falling for Replicarter's trick, so I guess her best moment would be in Covenant, when she does the tv interview to discredit her former collegue Alec Colson.
                      * Best Teal’c Moment All of Sacrifices, but specifically when Teal'c accepts Kar'yn as Rya'c's wife.
                      * Best Team Moment Fishing!!! (either Threads or Moebius pt 2)
                      * Best Alien Race The Jaffa, due to them winning their freedom this season
                      * Best Goa’uld Villain Anubis/Jim
                      * Coolest Technology The time-travelling Puddle Jumper
                      * Best Guest Star Homer! I mean Dan Castellaneta! I can't believe Jack had been seeing into Joe's life since the end of Season 1!! Why didn't he tell anyone?
                      Stargate Conventions Attended
                      -Wolf Events S8 London 2004- Don Davis, Paul McGillion, Teryl Rothery, Neil Denis, Peter Wingfield, Ronny Cox
                      -Wolf Events SG10 London 2005 - David Nykl, Neil Denis, Eric Brecker, Alex Zahara, Tobias Mehler, Dan Shea, Cliff Simon
                      -Creation Con Chicago 2013 - Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Ben Browder, Joe Flanigan, David Hewlett, Kate Hewlett, Tori Higginson, Gary Jones
                      ... CAN'T WAIT!!!

Comment

Best Episode (Season Eight): threads (in a way the series finale)
                        Best Jack Moment: jack's brain having control of the asgard computer (new order).
                        Best Daniel Moment: facing his past and decidng to assend again (threads)
                        Best Sam Moment: working with baal and her father to stop the replicators (reckoning part 2)
                        Best Teal'c Moment: not giving up at the game (avitar)
                        Best Team Moment: the team fishing (threads and Moebius pt 2)
                        Best Alien Race: replicators (great enemy)
                        Best Goa'uld Villain: baal (by far the best goa-uld)
                        Coolest Technology: the weapon that destroys the replicators (reckoning 2)
                        Best Guest Star: mayborne (not sure the actors name).
                        sigpic

Comment

Best Episode (Season 8): "Reckoning part 2"

Best Jack Moment: Running things in "Zero Hour"

Best Daniel Moment: Geting Oma Desala to stop Anubis in "Threads"

Best Sam Moment: Stopping the replicators in "Reckoning Part 2"

Best Teal'c Moment: Saving Ishta in "Sacrifices"

Best Team Moment: Fishing in "Threads"

Best Alien Race: The Replicators in "Reckoning Part 2"

Best Goa'uld Villain: Baal

Coolest Technology: The machine on Dakara that destorys the replicators in "Reckoning Part 2"

Best Guest Star: Claudia Black as Vala in "Prometheus Unbound"

Comment

•Best Episode (Season Eight): Threads
                            Best Jack Moment: just managing in Zero Hour
                            Best Daniel Moment: by his stuborness and conviction, convincing Oma Desala to stop Anubis...and showing up naked in the SGC...in Threads.
                            Best Sam Moment: dealing with multiple life issues in Threads
                            Best Teal'c Moment: recognizing his limitations in Avatar
                            Best Team Moment: Moebius traveling to meet Ra
                            Best Goa'uld Villain: Anubis in the cafe in Threads
                            Coolest Technology: Puddle Jumper in Moebius Par 2
                            Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode): Claudia Black in Prometheus Unbound

Comment

Best Jack Moment: a revived O'neill plays around with the lights on Thor's ship
                              Best Daniel Moment: freezing the replicators by tricking replicrter
                              Best Sam Moment: she comes face to face with replicator carter
                              Best Teal'c Moment: Teal'c leads his people to fight for freedom in Dakara
                              Best Team Moment:Travel back in time to get a ZPM and and alternate Sg-1 comes back to rescue them
                              Best Goa'uld Villain: Anubis
                              Coolest Technology: Replicarter
                              Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode): claudia balck

Comment

Working...
                              X