would you have rather lived and try to survive on novus or died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would you have rather lived and try to survive on novus or died

imagine your a member of the Destiny crew and at the very point when you think your finally about to go home you instead end up on a completely alien planet away with nothing but the clothes on your back, again faced with the with the prospect of trying to survive from scratch only this time you know almost for curtain that it's going to last for the rest of your life..... oh and this time you can't even talk to your friends and family back on earth to make in more bearable
    Last edited by slimjim; 15 March 2012, 09:08 AM.

Well I'm always up for a challenge.
    So I, personally, would prefer to live and try and survive on Novus.
    I'm sure there would be something I could do to make life bearable.
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

If the alternative is death, then yes, of course I'd rather make a go of it on Novus.

Comment

Of course choose life. Where there is life, there is hope.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
          Of course choose life. Where there is life, there is hope.
          hope for what exactly?

Comment

Well it contains a town, it contains some hope for life and it's not like that unknown planet with the statue so yeah; I could try to live there.
            Back from the grave.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
                Well it contains a town, it contains some hope for life and it's not like that unknown planet with the statue so yeah; I could try to live there.
                that took like 5 years to set up.... and 80 people is hardly a town

Comment

I live in the country, so I can find mountains of hope that have nothing to do with towns and conveniences. And it really only takes a handful of people to make a society.
                  sigpic

Comment

from where do you derive this hope then?

Comment

Oh wow, you're in a bad place! Hope springs eternal! It's instinct to want to live another day. If you have some one to love, it helps a great deal. If you can get enough to eat everyday and find contentment in the simple task of living day to day. Discovering one self's true nature, finding pride in yourself at being able to accomplish basic survival tasks.

I believe that a reasonably educated person can work out how to make things and eventually (given some luck and help if there is a few folks together) find comfort in everyday living. It may not be rocket science but given the choice I'd rather live a while longer. Besides everyday you live you never know what might happen that day. If we were stuck on a planet like our Destiny crew, who knows? Maybe other beings show up and things become more interesting. Or they wipe us out. Now Rush said he'd rather be left out of the lottery, but then I think he always wanted to be uploaded to the Destiny's CPU. Not me, I would prefer to do some gardening on a rock somewhere.
                      sigpic

Comment

Think I would agree with what Eli said in the Kino footage from after the town is built that it would be kinda fun.

Would be hard work at first to survive but might be nice to go back to basics, explore a new planet, build a community etc.

Comment

Where would be derive hope from? If you give up and decide to die, there is no hope. But on Novus, there was the possibility of life, and therefore, hope. People tend to find that they can put up with quite a bit if they really have to. Die rather than have to do some work to survive? Not a chance. You learn to hunt, fish, gather, build shelter, tend the fires and make clothing. Or you give up.

I love the grocery store which is stocked full of all kinds of food. I love a warm house, hot and cold running water, and indoor plumbing. I love having a hospital available minutes away. I wouldn't give them up unless I had to. But if I had to give them up, I sure wouldn't choose death.

Comment

i think any sane person would choose Novus over death.

Comment

I'd choose Novus over death. On the planet you can start a life, rise a family, have a future.

Comment

Working...
                              X