Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bones or Castle...which is better and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bones or Castle...which is better and why?

Seems like the people here get into more then just Scifi TV so I have to ask, which show is better Castle or Bones and why (story, chemistry, writing, actors, etc)?

I have seen every episode of Bones, and watching most of season 4 of Castle currently (older seasons are on the DVD que since they don't have streaming on netflix).

I think Castle is probably a bit better in terms of storyline.. Bones can be very silly. But I think they're equally enjoyable to watch.
    sigpic
    http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
    http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by unknown_k View Post
      Seems like the people here get into more then just Scifi TV so I have to ask, which show is better Castle or Bones and why (story, chemistry, writing, actors, etc)?

I have seen every episode of Bones, and watching most of season 4 of Castle currently (older seasons are on the DVD que since they don't have streaming on netflix).
      BONES, I think, is the more ingelligent of the two. CASTLE is more on the fun side, last seasons episode ''Punk'd'' one of the funniest they've done!

Comment

Having never watched either, I can say with absolute authority: Castle. There's only one "Bones", and he's the crotchety southerner Chief Medical Officer of the USS Enterprise. All others are pretenders.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I've watched more episodes of Castle so I'll go with that one. Why? I like the chemistry of the actors....Nathan Fillion is fun to watch no matter who he's in a scene with.

IHS
          sigpic

Comment

bones . first off it came first, so castle copied it. the storyline makes more sense, the FBI would sooner work with a fransic anthropologist than a writer (who should be done with his story by now). also in my opinion bones characters are better as well.

the only crime show i can see comparing to bones, is the mentalist. that is a good show, from what i've see of it.
            sigpic

Comment

Castle.

I so can't stand the character of Brennen.

Plus, I love all things Nathan Fillion.
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Having never watched either, I can say with absolute authority: Castle. There's only one "Bones", and he's the crotchety southerner Chief Medical Officer of the USS Enterprise. All others are pretenders.
                Lies. Brennan is easily the best. Even she says so, and she's very modest.

Personally I prefer Brennan over Castle as the quirky non-G-man crime fighter. I also prefer Beckett over Booth.

I smell new series!

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                  Castle.

I so can't stand the character of Brennen.

Plus, I love all things Nathan Fillion.
                  Ditto on this! Can't say I think much of the Booth character, either.

p.s. - love your avatar.

Comment

Bones up until season seven hands down. Simply because it's more serious, more credible and interesting. Season seven sucks though. I also prefer the Booth/Bones chemistry (again, up until they actually get together) to the very boring and OTT supposed chemistry between Castle and Beckett.

The characters (all of them) are much better developed and the story plots much more interesting.

Castle is like a more juvenile and comedic version of shows like Bones.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Depends on what you like in a series. I like them both, although Castle is probably higher on my list.

Castle is a lot of fun. It has a vibe similar to the old screwball comedies - "His Girl Friday", "The Thin Man" series, or anything Hepburn/Tracy.

Bones is fun too, but a little more serious and high on the gross out factor in regards to cases.
                      sigpic

Comment

I used to love Bones till they ruined it with the way they went about with Bones/Booth. I tried watching season 6 when it came on but I only got through about 3 or 4 eps of it before I turned it off. I even tried a second time when it got repeated and didn't get much further. Bones has lost something. I dunno if it's the characters or the writing but it's just not the same show I remember.

So to cut a long story short, I'd have to go with Castle. The chemistry between all the characters are great, something that to me Bones has lost somehow.
                        sigpic

Comment

Seems like I'm not the only one who notices a connection. Have not watched alot of Castle but I will say that Bones has the characters, the plotlines and the science that hooks me. Have not watched recent episodes as of yet but I have to say Bones until I can catch up on both shows to make a proper judgement about it.
                          Back from the grave.

Comment

I agree with Linda. I think the show lost something in S6 by throwing
                            Spoiler:
                            Hannah
                            into the mix. Booth and Brennan should have been together going into the season, and instead they weren't. I think that in their fear of the dreaded "Moonlighting Curse" that they missed the boat on the ship and then had to find a way to cram it in when
                            Spoiler:
                            Emily ended up pregnant in RL
                            But I'm still enjoying it, if for nothing else Hodgins, Angela and baby Michael.

I'm really hoping that Castle doesn't make the same mistake and wait too long.
                            sigpic

Comment

I am old enough to have seen Moonlighting when it first aired. The magic of that show was more about the fast paced banter between the two stars (and I still think Cybil looked very hot back then). The will they won't they thing must be more popular with the ladies because no man would stick around that long without finding out one way or another if there is going to be sex. Foreplay is fine but in the end you want the release so to speak.

Both shows have decent supporting casts ( the mother and daughter in castle, the whole supporting cast of bones).

I find Castle more interesting then Booth or just better acted.

If they wanted to make the shows more realistic then both of the major characters should have been married to other people (that is the only thing I can think of that would have kept them from jumping into the sack in the first season, the dynamics would have been will they or won't they cheat which seems more realistic in todays society).

Comment

Working...
                              X