Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the casts of Stargate YOUR questions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask the casts of Stargate YOUR questions!

Since taking over a majority of the reins in terms of the interviews on the site with cast and crew since late 2009, I've strove to make the interviews I do as excellent as possible, straddling the line between asking the questions the die-hard, slightly obsessed fans want to know and balancing them with questions that even the casual viewers find intriguing. It's a combination that has worked out pretty well so far, but this year...we're taking it to the next level. And to do it, we want you to come along and enjoy the ride!

Over this past weekend, we interviewed a major cast member from one of the three series, and as an experiment, we also included questions brought to us by fans here on the forum. The results...and the cast member's answers...were so spectacular...that barring a major issue, it will become part of the standard in most interviews we do going forward. Not only will it provide a freshness and new paradigm to our chats, but it also gives all of you (our very LOYAL forum members and fans) a chance to have your voice heard and your burning questions answered. Not everyone can take the time and money to go to the various conventions around the world. We see this as a way for everyone to take part. And as a way for GateWorld to continue to stand out from the pack...as proof that when it comes to Stargate fan sites...we are (and always will be) the gold standard.

Below you will find a tentative list of all the actors GateWorld plans on (or hopes to be) chatting with over the course of 2012. It is a TENTATIVE list. Some names may disappear. Others may be added down the road. We'll edit this first initial post as needed as things change...and as we conclude each chat. There will normally not be a timetable to when our interviews will occur. But as long as their names remain on the list, they are fair game for you to post questions for them. For your question to be considered, each question must be asked in a THOUGHTFUL, RESPECTFUL manner. Any posts containing perceived rude attitudes or snark will be immediately stricken from consideration.

Begin each post with "This question is for..." and highlight or bold the actor's name. It will make sifting through this thread easier when the time comes to group the questions together. Please ask the questions as if you were at a convention yourself, with the actor/actress directly in front of you and with the amount of respect you would give them if you met them in person. Your forum username WILL be included in the interview. Also, at least for the time being, the number of active questions for each actor will be tracked and posted alongside their name, so you'll all know the number of queries being sent to each. If there are too many questions to fit in our chats (some actors may be approached more than once this year), then the quality of the questions will also be a deciding factor.

Finally, please remember that this opportunity is NOT a guarantee your question will be used. We will make every possible effort to include everyone, but again...please realize that length of the interview can and will be a factor (it's something we have no control over sometimes, even in interviews we've done in the past. I'd love to pick the brains of some of these guys for hours, but realistically...we may get ten minutes. LOL)

As interview dates come close, those we will be chatting with will switch to red. This means you have mere days to submit final questions. They may still remain on the list if we'll see them more than once in the year...however, in many cases, their names will disappear.

On that note, enjoy! Without further delay, here is the tentative list of interviews we PLAN to conduct this year:

Stargate SG-1
    Colin Cunningham (Major Paul Davis) [2]
    Tom McBeath (Maybourne)
    Garry Chalk (Col. Checkov) [1]
    Neil Denis (Rya'c) [1]

Stargate Atlantis
    Joe Flanigan (Col. John Sheppard) [5]
    Torri Higginson (Dr. Elizabeth Weir) [2]
    Rachel Luttrell (Teyla Emmagan) [1]
    Paul McGillion (Dr. Carson Beckett) [2]
    Robert Picardo (Richard Woolsey) [3]
    Jewel Staite (Dr. Jennifer Keller) [1]
    Rainbow Sun Francks (Lt. Aiden Ford)
    David Nykl (Dr. Radek Zelenka) [1]
    Ryan Robbins (Ladon Radim)
    Joseph Mallozzi (executive producer) [1]

Stargate Universe
    Ming-Na (Camille Wray)
    Elyse Levesque (Chloe Armstrong)
    Robert Knepper (Simeon)

Last edited by doublecut; 21 April 2012, 12:57 PM.
    Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
    Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
    Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
    Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
    Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
    Con-Version Calgary 2010
    C2E2 2013-2015
    TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
    Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
    Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
    FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

So happy you are going to be able to interview so many SG folk!
    Will you be giving a little heads up prior to each interview so we can ask questions at that time?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
      So happy you are going to be able to interview so many SG folk!
      Will you be giving a little heads up prior to each interview so we can ask questions at that time?
      As a rule of thumb, not really. That's why this thread will be a continuous on-going thing. You could put in a question now for an interview that could happen next week...or sometime in the fall. But you'll at least know when the interview launches whether or not it's one you entered a question for. Part of the issue too is that many of the interviews we do are at conventions where there are a ton of people we talk to at once. Waiting til a closer time makes it hard to keep track of everything. It's going to be a much easier process with this thread just being a "potpourri" of questions....and then me retrieving them as needed through the year. It's also why I'll keep editing the first post as we conduct each chat...so you'll always know who is available or whether it's too late. I think you'll see when the interview I did this past weekend launches in March how much more fun it is when we throw some of the questions you guys have into the mix. One of the questions this weekend gave us some of the biggest laughs in the entire chat!
      Con-Version Calgary 2010
      C2E2 2013-2015

Comment

Am I the first one? ::shudders:: Should I even ask this?

This question is for.....JOE FLANIGAN. I would like to know if that People's Choice Award is still in your possession! When last seen......you were attempting to leave with it stuffed in your jacket. LOL

Thank you,

IHS
        sigpic

Comment

This question is for... Robert Picardo. "What skills/qualities do you feel Richard Woolsey brought with him as the newest leader of the Atlantis expedition, and do you think he would have continued in his role if Atlantis had run for further seasons?"

(Sorry if that counts as two questions)

As an addendum to my post:

Thank you for a fantastic opportunity to ask questions of some of my favourite Stargate actors.

There are so many questions I want to ask but I will reluctantly reign in my enthusiasm and give them some careful consideration before just posting the first random questions that pop into my head.
          Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

for Lou Diamond Philips
            "What was it like going from a western like 'Young Guns 1&2' to a Sci Fi like SGU?"
            sigpic
            Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Sweet. This is such a nice opportunity, I have tons of questions unique I want to ask. This is going to be so much fun.
              Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
                Sweet. This is such a nice opportunity, I have tons of questions unique I want to ask. This is going to be so much fun.
                doublecut you let his child side out why? WHY!?
                sigpic

Comment

Wow, you've got a lot of interviews lined up. I'll have to think on some questions!

Incidentally, is there a rough timeframe for when the David Blue interview transcript or video will be posted?
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Wow, you've got a lot of interviews lined up. I'll have to think on some questions!

Incidentally, is there a rough timeframe for when the David Blue interview transcript or video will be posted?
                    As of now, we are hoping to have it up in March. The interview ran almost 90 minutes, so the transcription is going to take some time. While the interview was recorded, there are some audio hiccups and off-the-record stuff that needs to be trimmed, too. Worst case scenario, it launches as transcript-only. If we can't get it up in March (due to Rewatch Project polling), then it will for sure be up in early April. But I'm trying to target it for around St. Patricks Day (3/17) if nothing gets in our way.
                    Con-Version Calgary 2010
                    C2E2 2013-2015

Comment

I'm going to be really cheeky and post another question even though I've only just come posted one.

This question is for... Colin Cunningham. In SG:1, we often see Major Davis in the Cheyenne Mountain facility, or in other Earth-based locations (eg, a hospital, secret international Stargate summit, etc). I would like to know if you would have liked the chance to have some real "off-world" excursions, similar to those of SG-teams, complete with mandatory aliens, fire-fights, and everything else that goes along with gate travel to alien worlds, or were you quite content to play the part of the reliable Earth-based fellow who helps to pick up the pieces when things start to go wrong out there in the rest of the galaxy?
                      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

I have a question for Lou Diamond Phillips:

"Could you talk a little about your experience on Rachel vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-off? Furthermore, can you share any news from/developments with the charity for which you were competing: Share Our Strength: No Kid Hungry?"
                        sigpic
                        Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

For Colin Cunningham
                          would you have wanted your character to have been promoted from Major to a LT. COL?
                          sigpic

Comment

wow that's great to be included and since i probably won't get a convention. i do have to ask what do the numbers mean next to some of the names?

a question for Robert Picardo, Which character was more fun to play, the doctor on Voyager or Woosey?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                              wow that's great to be included and since i probably won't get a convention. i do have to ask what do the numbers mean next to some of the names?
                              It's just the number of active questions on the thread for each actor....
                              Con-Version Calgary 2010
                              C2E2 2013-2015

Comment

Working...
                              X