Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you do you not usually agree with Rush when he's been brutally pragmatic?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you do you not usually agree with Rush when he's been brutally pragmatic?

I didn't agree with him when he wanted to lie to the rest of the crew and say their was a planet that could get them home, but did when he told Eli that he had to ignore Park and go back to saving the rest of the ship from the blue hyper giant

It depends what you mean. Are you asking if I agree with him being pragmatic, or are you asking if his approach really was the most pragmatic thing he could have done?

Comment

Rush definitely made some judgement errors, but I did understand his pragmatic points. In some cases, if he hadn't been so, they would have vacillated too long and end up dead. When he lied it usually was a mistake, but I think he felt pressured by Young and others to control their sometimes faulty decision making. I did agree with Rush lying in Earth, I think it was the only way to save their butts.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        It depends what you mean. Are you asking if I agree with him being pragmatic, or are you asking if his approach really was the most pragmatic thing he could have done?
        I thought at least in the beginning that the majority of the crew was so obsessed about their circumstances, that it may have increased Rush's pragmatic tendencies. Someone had to get with it, and fast. At first it was painful to watch how immature Eli was, it seemed he almost had to be forced to think!
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X