This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Original" blueprints of Stargate

Being a very, very, very big fan of Stargate (like most of you), I'm working on some 3d-animations. For the set design I'm looking for blueprints. I know a lot of people have asked this, but I have a more specific problem.

As I've said, I need blueprints. The best blueprints I could find are the ones sold by Propworx on Stargate auctions (the original). Unfortunately, those are already sold or otherwise unavailable or simply too expensive. My question would be to anyone out there who owns them: would it be possible for me to get my hands on digital (scanned) high-res copies of those.

Before anyone says something about "I spend a lot of money and don't want to give it away" or "it's illegal to copy it", it is only for personal use. I don't intend to publish them publicly, only to use them for design purposes. It would be easy to find out if they are actually published.

I would be extremely grateful for anyone who wants to help me. I already spend a lot of time trying to recreate the blueprints by using the thumbnails for the auctions.

Kind regards,
    Nick

I made my own if you are interested.
    Hi There!

Comment

By original, are you referring to the original feature film? Note that the stargate depicted in SG-1 differs greatly from the movie.

Comment

I think he is referring to original as in originally made. As opposed to fan creations which sad to say most are very inaccurate.

Though I did not know there were blueprints made that are being sold.
        Hi There!

Comment

I re-read his opening post. Is he asking for blueprints for the stargate set piece? From the movie, SG-1, Atlantis, or Universe? Is he asking for the blueprints of the sets themselves? Again; from the movie, SG-1, Atlantis, or Universe?

Comment

I just did too.

My mistake for some oddball reason I thought he meant blueprints of the ships themselves.
            Hi There!

Comment

I doubt such blueprints exist. The only ones that do exist would be of the sets.

Comment

Na, they definitely have blueprints the Stargate(s), and I'm guessing most (if not all) of the other props. It's one of the first things the producers assured us of when they started chopping them up and auctioning them off. They could recreate them perfectly if need be.

Comment

I don't think exist either. But I do think sketches were made for the CGI modelers so they had something to look at when they made the models.

I do think blueprints of sets do exist and I do remember seeing a few of them floating around on the internet.
                  Hi There!

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                    Na, they definitely have blueprints the Stargate(s), and I'm guessing most (if not all) of the other props.
                    Read what I replied to. McAvoy made reference to starship blueprints, and I said I doubt they exist, just set blueprints. I wasn't doubting the existence of blueprints for the stargate set pieces.

Comment

I think there are Stargate blueprints; I mean there just has to be blueprints for every prop/set piece ever designed.
                      Back from the grave.

Comment

I just read the posts and I now discovered I wasn't very clear.

By "original" I meant actually SG-1, Atlantis and Universe. However, as I've seen, the Stargate blueprints of the feature film are used in SG-1, they've only modified the prop itself, not the plans. I don't know about any blueprints of the Atlantis and Universe gates.

For everything else: yes, I mean the set blueprints. They've created concept art for the CGI-models and blueprints for the actual sets. However, I only need the blueprints used in continuity, such as Stargate Command, Atlantis, Destiny (preferably, but not that important) and the spaceships (sets).

If I need to state everything clearly:

- Stargate (as much of the original plans as possible, both film as SG-1, including the DHD)
                        - Stargate Command
                        - Atlantis
                        - Earth ships (304, 302) (303, 304 and Midway appear to be the same set)
                        - Other ships (Puddle jumper, Aurora, Wraith (if possible))
                        - Goa'uld ships (Ha'tak, Tel'tak and Alkesh, maybe the Death Glider)
                        - Destiny Stargate (Atlantis' is almost identical to SG-1's)
                        - Destiny

For all of that, I prefer having the original plans created by the Stargate art department, especially of the Stargate. They don't all have to be that perfectly scanned, I might still recreate them for different modifications, but having them would be extremely helpful and they would also fit in my Stargate collection (I'm more of a fan of the technical side of the franchise and I'm already satisfied with copies instead of the originals).

Thanks in advance.

Comment

There's a blueprint of levels 28 and 27 of the SGC in the lexicon, with a list of what is on the other levels. Those are the only ones I know about that are freely floating around the web.

You might already have those, but I figured I'd mention them just in case.
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                            There's a blueprint of levels 28 and 27 of the SGC in the lexicon, with a list of what is on the other levels. Those are the only ones I know about that are freely floating around the web.

You might already have those, but I figured I'd mention them just in case.
                            Yes, I've seen those. The problem is that it's not that detailed. The official plans also contain information about the pipes and lights as well as the Stargate ramp and a cross-section of the set that indicates the height between the two floors.

Comment

Working...
                            X