Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of curiosity, what makes this show so good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The friday night death slot?
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
      The friday night death slot?
      Yeah...I don't call it that either. But some people think that when shows aren't doing well...they're moved to Friday night so they can "die."
      sigpic

Comment

It's not "some people," it's well-known and -understood television terminology in use since around the 60s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_night_death_slot
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          It's not "some people," it's well-known and -understood television terminology in use since around the 60s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_night_death_slot
          For me...its "some people," since I'd never heard Friday night referred to as a "death slot" until this year actually.
          sigpic

Comment

That makes about as much sense as "some people say there was this show called Star Trek"
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              That makes about as much sense as "some people say there was this show called Star Trek"
              Ok...let me simplify it. Until this year (TV viewing season) I'd never heard the terminology "Friday Night Death Slot." In addition, you sited a wiki website. I don't give credibility to those sites because anyone can edit a wiki and post what they please.
              sigpic

Comment

It's an article that's about a page long, with 21 citations. And has been common TV parlance for many, many years....

Comment

*bows down* excuse me if I have better things to do than keep up with "common TV parlance."
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                    So what makes this show so good?
                    The characters (Walter in particular, who is one of my favorite characters ever), the writing, the acting. Pretty much everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pantaloons View Post
                      The characters (Walter in particular, who is one of my favorite characters ever), the writing, the acting. Pretty much everything.
                      No arguing with that.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pantaloons View Post
                        Very well said!
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, turns out Fringe is on Amazon Prime...So it looks like I might check it out soon. The list of sci-fi shows is becoming more and more sparse since I started on my quest of watching a bunch.
                          sigpic

Comment

It starts quickly grabbing your interest.
                            It advances into a series of curiosities that make you want to continue until it springs a theme that pretty much hooks you into looking forward to what and how it will progress and as it does it it throws curves that surprise you with a "Wow, didn't expect that"

I am nearing the end of season 3 now and watch two episodes each night and look forward to my evening TV time (I watch no other programing but a couple hours via DVD each night)

Wulfmann

Comment

thanks for this was wondering the same have season 1 ready to watch but never got round to it think I will give this a go

Comment

Working...
                              X