Just bought SGA on blu ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought SGA on blu ray

Buying sga on blu ray is the best thing ive ever done its amazing on blu ray you can tell such big differences and the cgi looks 100x more amazing

Make sure you watch them all quickly. I never trust any "complete sets" due to a lot of issues that crop up with them. If there's a problem you will be able to get a refund or replacement easily if you watch it quickly enough.
    sigpic

Comment

I have sit set and have been in the process of re watching the series. I have gotten to the end of season 3 and so far no problem. I would say though that I have mixed feelings about this set. On one end it is very visually good, you see details you have never seen before, the problem is that at times this makes the special effects look more fake, especially the Wraith's complexions and anything supposed to be organic. other than that however this is a great set in my opinion. I think I will still hang on to my DVD sets however as the special effects just looks better in them.

Comment

After seeing some blu ray screencaps, I was sold on buying them and glad I did. Seeing new and crisp details in the characters and settings is like opening holiday presents. I think I will still keep my DVDs too: either the blu ray discs do not contain the production photos and sketches the DVDs do or my computer can't recognize and play the files from the blu ray discs.

Comment

can someone post Bluray caps side to side to the same cap from a normal DVD thanks
          sigpic
          Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

I've had the BD set for over a year now but only just started into it a few days ago. It really is a gorgeous-looking show (particularly the CGI, as the OP says).

One drawback, however, also happens to stem from the wonderful video quality: how cheap the Atlantis sets look. You could always tell they didn't look their best while the show was still on, but with the dramatic visual quality improvement offered by true 1080 high-def, it becomes painfully obvious that most of what you're seeing in Atlantis is just spray-painted plywood.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              I've had the BD set for over a year now but only just started into it a few days ago. It really is a gorgeous-looking show (particularly the CGI, as the OP says).

One drawback, however, also happens to stem from the wonderful video quality: how cheap the Atlantis sets look. You could always tell they didn't look their best while the show was still on, but with the dramatic visual quality improvement offered by true 1080 high-def, it becomes painfully obvious that most of what you're seeing in Atlantis is just spray-painted plywood.
              It's one reason I never want bluray. It really shows how bad some sets, movie or otherwise, are.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                It's one reason I never want bluray. It really shows how bad some sets, movie or otherwise, are.
                you also need to waste money on the Bluray player
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                  Depends on the set though, really. The Atlantis sets look bad, but the CGI, the on-location, even the Daedalus sets--they all look fantastic. At the very least, high video quality can only drive production quality up; and that can't possibly be a bad thing.

Anyway, once you're off DVD and SD in general, it's not easy going back. They just look so bloody grainy and awful by comparison.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

For picture and sound blu-ray can deliver; but it's back to the days of waiting for the valves to warm up. Booting, booting, eject, no not ready yet, eject, damn it went in and out with the previous disc, loading, how can you be loading, stop and just eject.

As for this Atlantis set, the one episode that was distracting was Hide and Seek; the picture went really ****ty just before the shadow appeared.

I am pleased I got this set as I had never seen the final season. However I was so disappointd with those final two episodes. We received a signal from a parrallel universe, eee, and the universe is such a tiny place we can zip back and forth at ease, no!

Comment

I'm one of those people obsessed with Combo Packs that include a Blu-Ray and DVD, I watch the Blu-Ray but for some reason feel I need to have the DVD copy too. I plan on getting SGA eventually on Blu. And when I do I will probably keep my DVDs. It is difficult to go back to SD once you've upgraded. It just doesn't seem the same.

Comment

i did get the Starwars Original Trilogy on both BR and normal DVD
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                          can someone post Bluray caps side to side to the same cap from a normal DVD thanks
                          Bluray caps are too large to attach to this post... so here are some links to some samples. Click each photo to see the full-screen view and compare the screen size, crispness, and clarity.

*Olesian magistrate looks at an approaching Wraith cruiser:
                          DVD: http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis..._display_media
                          vs.
                          BluRay: http://gallery.wraithfans.com/displa..._display_media

*"Allies" Wraith Queen in Atlantis:
                          DVD: http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis..._display_media
                          vs.
                          BluRay:http://gallery.wraithfans.com/displa..._display_media

Comment

thanks
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X