• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Happened To Frederick (113)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON ONE
    WHAT HAPPENED TO FREDERICK
    EPISODE NUMBER - 113
    When Kathryn suggests that she and David leave Storybrooke, his romance with Mary Margaret is revealed with destructive consequences. Emma gets to know the stranger in town, and Prince Charming volunteers for a quest to reunite his unwanted fiancee with her true love.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 24 February 2012, 03:15 PM.

wow! 1st post in.. that's also a 1st for me!

I'm going to say -- I had a feeling the writer was exactly what he said he was -- a writer... but also that
    Spoiler:
    he is rewriting the fairytale land stories.

Wonder how long it will take for Henry to figure out some of (or all of) the stories have been rewritten -- pages replaced!
    That whole printing processing was interesting to see.

Interesting twists... and Regina is the guilty one for writing TRAMP on the car!

Also, since the ending with Kathryn on the loose has her yet to meet her own true love, well, I wonder if Regina will realize her burning the letter actually won't matter in the ultimate ending for Kathryn and her own *Frederick*..?

Reference to "LOST" again with the magic lake, and what was "lost" will be found and returned (happily)..!
    Emma now holds the (magic) key to everything, especially if she figures out the underground lake (water well) had anything to do with the book, that is.

Comment

I think Regina's next step will be to insinuate 'Katherine left because you were such a meanie' to 'snow', and that letter disproves it of course.

Eventually folks need to realize that Regina is flummoxing everyone's happy ending. Just from a viewer standpoint, she keeps messing things up with no one noticing for too long I'm gonna get sick and tired and stop watching. Nothing is more annoying to me than someone doing things like that and continually getting away with it. (it was part of what annoyed me about SGU, Rush's manipulations never being noticed and called out....I got sick of it. I have no patience for bullying and those bullies never being called out)....so I hope regina has her comeuppance sooner rather than later.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Regina just has to destroy every happy ending someone is about to have! I can't stand that woman!

I like August. He's a very mysterious type but now I don't think anymore that he could be Rumpels son. Now I agree with the others: He must be the writer of the book. I'm curious what exactly he has changed about it. Why was he putting he some pages into the water? Is this a way to make them look older?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
          Regina just has to destroy every happy ending someone is about to have! I can't stand that woman!

I like August. He's a very mysterious type but now I don't think anymore that he could be Rumpels son. Now I agree with the others: He must be the writer of the book. I'm curious what exactly he has changed about it. Why was he putting he some pages into the water? Is this a way to make them look older?
          That's what I thought to make the pages look old. But is he the writer of the book or just found it and is making a copy for Henry? Of coarse, why else would he be in Storybrooke if he isn't the writer? Is he changing things now by writing?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            I think Regina's next step will be to insinuate 'Katherine left because you were such a meanie' to 'snow', and that letter disproves it of course.

Eventually folks need to realize that Regina is flummoxing everyone's happy ending. Just from a viewer standpoint, she keeps messing things up with no one noticing for too long I'm gonna get sick and tired and stop watching. Nothing is more annoying to me than someone doing things like that and continually getting away with it. (it was part of what annoyed me about SGU, Rush's manipulations never being noticed and called out....I got sick of it. I have no patience for bullying and those bullies never being called out)....so I hope regina has her comeuppance sooner rather than later.
            I think she won't get away with it too long. Emma already has her number, and now she and Mr. Gold will be at war. So it will become more difficult for her. Mary Margret is the type of person who is naturally sweet and thinks good about people, so it takes her a while to catch on, but I think she will eventually. Also is what's his name? (Prince Charming in Storybrooke) being a whimp or what?! He really needs to man up! His indecisiveness is painful to watch!

I think the fact that people don't notice or ignore what Regina is up to is true to how people are rather self absorbed, (that was my take on how Rush got away with so much for so long on SGU. People where so caught up in feeling sorry for themselves, they really where not paying attention)

I think the flavor of fairy tales is about suspending disbelief and I've been amazed at how people in FT land just believe what they are told. Even Rumple believed the Evil Queen when she told him Belle was dead. I would not believe her if I was Rumple, for a trickster such as Rumple it seemed he believed to easily. But if you recall the original FT's they are like that. They make these jumps into belief without question, for the sake of the story. I think this must be what the show is trying to impart, the feeling of Fairy Tale land.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
              I think she won't get away with it too long. Emma already has her number, and now she and Mr. Gold will be at war. So it will become more difficult for her
              They indeed better do something quick regarding Regina. That is starting to get more annoying then Rumple replacing all of the bad guys

Comment

That's what I thought to make the pages look old. But is he the writer of the book or just found it and is making a copy for Henry? Of coarse, why else would he be in Storybrooke if he isn't the writer? Is he changing things now by writing?
                I wonder why everyone says that was a printing process. The only scenes we have seen was him soaking the Pages in something and after they dry he put them back in. I have no clue of either, but my thought was more that this was a restoration process. Cleaning the Pages and that stuff.

The writer really knows a bit to much in my opinion, but why did he bring Emma to that wishing Well if he had the Book in the first place. He is playing a game with Emma and I wont dismiss that its Rumpels Son just yet.

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                They indeed better do something quick regarding Regina. That is starting to get more annoying then Rumple replacing all of the bad guys
                Regina really needs to be tought a lesson or two. Screw with Fairy tale Characters and you will get the Unicorns Horn.

They may not have noticed it earlier, because of the curse, but now with Emma there it shouldnt take People to long to get away from her. We have already seen at least 3 that turned their back on her suggestions.
                Last edited by tomstone; 20 February 2012, 11:25 AM.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I'm sure he did. Why else did he take the book and ripped it apart and put it back together if not for adding something?
                  sigpic

Comment

I think she won't get away with it too long. Emma already has her number, and now she and Mr. Gold will be at war. So it will become more difficult for her. Mary Margret is the type of person who is naturally sweet and thinks good about people, so it takes her a while to catch on, but I think she will eventually. Also is what's his name? (Prince Charming in Storybrooke) being a whimp or what?! He really needs to man up! His indecisiveness is painful to watch!

I think the fact that people don't notice or ignore what Regina is up to is true to how people are rather self absorbed, (that was my take on how Rush got away with so much for so long on SGU. People where so caught up in feeling sorry for themselves, they really where not paying attention)

I think the flavor of fairy tales is about suspending disbelief and I've been amazed at how people in FT land just believe what they are told. Even Rumple believed the Evil Queen when she told him Belle was dead. I would not believe her if I was Rumple, for a trickster such as Rumple it seemed he believed to easily. But if you recall the original FT's they are like that. They make these jumps into belief without question, for the sake of the story. I think this must be what the show is trying to impart, the feeling of Fairy Tale land.
                    ^I agree.

And David/Prince Charming is really annoying me.

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                    I wonder why everyone says that was a printing process. The only scenes we have seen was him soaking the Pages in something and after they dry he put them back in. I have no clue of either, but my thought was more that this was a restoration process. Cleaning the Pages and that stuff.

The writer really knows a bit to much in my opinion, but why did he bring Emma to that wishing Well if he had the Book in the first place. He is playing a game with Emma and I wont dismiss that its Rumpels Son just yet.

Regina really needs to be tought a lesson or two. Screw with Fairy tale Characters and you will get the Unicorns Horn.

They may not have noticed it earlier, because of the curse, but now with Emma there it shouldnt take People to long to get away from her. We have already seen at least 3 that turned their back on her suggestions.
                    About the water he used on the pages, could the water be from the well(and possibly magic)? And is he rewriting(and actually changing things) or just adding?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                      About the water he used on the pages, could the water be from the well(and possibly magic)? And is he rewriting(and actually changing things) or just adding?
                      Well, there was nothing magic about it at the moment actually, it was still him who brought her there and afterwards planted the Book for her to find. He probably did it to suggest to her that Magic might exist.

The water was supposed to bring something lost back to you. So soaking the Pages of the lost Happy Endings with it would make sense. At least I dont understand why soaking the Pages has anything to do with the Book Binding process. If anything, liquid destroys Paper and the Ink on it. Also the Typewriter he has doesnt have the right Format to write pages to that Book. Something doesnt seem right.

And David/Prince Charming is really annoying me.
                      At least to me, everyone oblivious to what Regina and Gold are up to are annoying. Though thats just because we know to much. Henry is only annoying because he repeats the same thing over and over, while nobody takes him serious. The Season started off with us thinking that Henry and Emma where somewhat a step ahead. Now for a pretty long time, they just have been going through the motions without real development on the Hero side.
                      Last edited by tomstone; 20 February 2012, 01:32 PM.
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                        For one thing, the printed pages were already clean *before* August (the writer) placed them into the bin of liquid solution. So, it was highly unlikely he was merely "cleaning" the pages. It looked more like he was processing the pages to match the rest of the pages were already in the book---possibly giving the pages an aged appearance or laminated coating. Once the pages were dry, he sewed them back into the binding. Anyway, the way he was processing the written (printed) pages reminded me of how a photographer develops pictures before the digital age took over removing such methods for developing photos that way. I'm only guessing he was using a similar method to process the new pages being sewn into the book.

In art, there are certain processes to printing and curing the pages so that ink doesn't bleed, run, or fall off the pages (I used to scrape the ink off of some pages). One such method for pencil and chalk art is to finish your artwork, and spray coating it evenly with Clear Krylon paint. This prevents any smearing of the pencil or chalk, after the work is completed, but not set into a permanent frame. I used this technique after making an imprint of an actual sand-dollar.

I'm not sure if there is a similar process for fairytale manuscripts. I did look up printing processes, and part of the process involves curing parchment paper into lime juice. However, that *curing* process actually is done before the ink goes onto the pages. So, I have no idea what laminating process the writer may have been doing, other than making the pages appear the same as the originals already within the binder. And who's to say, he didn't rewrite the entire book? We don't know at this point.

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
                        I'm sure he did. Why else did he take the book and ripped it apart and put it back together if not for adding something?
                        Just an interesting observation from another website came out about the whole rewriting of the book theory--
                        A few eps back, when PC (Prince Charming) meets RRH (Red Riding Hood), they have a conversation about Snow White, and PC leaves her standing alone in the field to go on his own in search of Snow.
                        At the end of "What Happened To Frederick" ep, it is basically the exact same scene, but the ending has now revised to include a different adventure with the King's men now chasing PC, who has also convinced RRH to ride with him and they escape together.
                        Now, such a scenario would not occur if the stories were not rewritten somehow. Question is on who or what changed the story and how?

That's an interesting theory about the magical water being the source of the rewrite. If the solution the writer was using was indeed the magical water, then the water itself can rewrite the FT-land pages at any time and any place, including rewrites of rewrites.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                          Just an interesting observation from another website came out about the whole rewriting of the book theory--
                          A few eps back, when PC (Prince Charming) meets RRH (Red Riding Hood), they have a conversation about Snow White, and PC leaves her standing alone in the field to go on his own in search of Snow.
                          At the end of "What Happened To Frederick" ep, it is basically the exact same scene, but the ending has now revised to include a different adventure with the King's men now chasing PC, who has also convinced RRH to ride with him and they escape together.
                          Now, such a scenario would not occur if the stories were not rewritten somehow. Question is on who or what changed the story and how?

That's an interesting theory about the magical water being the source of the rewrite. If the solution the writer was using was indeed the magical water, then the water itself can rewrite the FT-land pages at any time and any place, including rewrites of rewrites.
                          Damn, I completly dismissed the RRH scene. There goes my fighting against the rewriting.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

I think she won't get away with it too long. Emma already has her number
                            Emma has been very ****ty when it comes to going after Regina. So unless Regina ****s up in a serious way. I doubt anything will change any time soon. I like the show & will give it a full season. But if the big cliff hanger ending is Regina getting away with something annoying. I am then done with the show

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                              Now that you bring this up, I was a little confused by that scene, and didn't think about it. Hum...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X