• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desperate Souls (108)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON ONE
    DESPERATE SOULS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 108
    The Mayor forces Emma to run in a public election before she can take the sheriff's job, pitting her against a candidate who will do the Mayor's bidding. Mr. Gold surprisingly supports Emma, while Rumpelstiltskin's desperation to keep his son out of war leads to a dark fate.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 28 October 2013, 08:59 PM.

Another episode where I cried because of Rumpels tragic fate. He didn't deserve loosing his son. He tried to protect him, to save him and that caused Bae to be afraid of his own father. I really wanna know what happened to him and if he's still alive. All we know is that Rumpel lost him but does that mean he's dead?
    sigpic

Comment

I was so sad about what happened to Rumpel in this episode!! O_O! ending up the Dark One!! but if he hadn't ended up like that he never would have met Belle!!

This eppy made me so Sad and I wanted to hug him!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
        I was so sad about what happened to Rumpel in this episode!! O_O! ending up the Dark One!! but if he hadn't ended up like that he never would have met Belle!!

This eppy made me so Sad and I wanted to hug him!!
        Yeah, but I think he would have lost his son even if he hadn't killed Zoso and had become the new Dark One. If he hadn't done this, the soldiers would have taken Baelfire and Rumpel couldn't have done anything to save him.
        sigpic

Comment

An episode which I liked a lot. Poor Rumpy, which tragic fate, I hope that his son is still alive somewhere.
          sigpic
          by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Same here!! Rumpel needs some goodness in life!
            sigpic

Comment

For a long time, when I watched this episode, I thought he was calling Bea "Boy". And I kept thinking, does this kid even have a name?! Just a funny thought
              sigpic

Comment

Is it possible his son is in StoryBrooke? I would have that he would have looked for him and Belle in this new world.

Comment

Between the curse enacted by the Evil Queen, and Rumple becoming the Dark-One are several hundreds of years. So unless Bealfire found a way to live that long, he most likely didn't made it to Storybrook.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                    Between the curse enacted by the Evil Queen, and Rumple becoming the Dark-One are several hundreds of years. So unless Bealfire found a way to live that long, he most likely didn't made it to Storybrook.
                    Could be, but I can't imagine them letting go of such a rich story line. I think they will come up with some interesting twist with the boy. Maybe it will be a surprise to Rumple, too.
                    sigpic

Comment

So far all the characters that Rumple messed with in FTL are present in Storybrooke. He even talked to Belle about his son and she encouraged him to find him. He didn't say that he lived so long his son is dead.

I find it hard to believe that he is hundreds of years old. So far, I haven't caught any mention of it in the episodes. Robert may just be stating how he thinks of the character, but that doesn't mean it's true in terms of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                        So far all the characters that Rumple messed with in FTL are present in Storybrooke. He even talked to Belle about his son and she encouraged him to find him. He didn't say that he lived so long his son is dead.

I find it hard to believe that he is hundreds of years old. So far, I haven't caught any mention of it in the episodes. Robert may just be stating how he thinks of the character, but that doesn't mean it's true in terms of the story.
                        The timeline of the FT land is a bit complicated and it's not always clear which event is before or after another one. But this statement about the 100s of years came actually first from Jane Espenson herself, who wrote the episode 108, and was confirmed by Robert Carlyle later. I doubt both missunderstood this, it seems to be the timeline of the fairy tale land.

Under normal circumstances Baelfire should not be in Storybrook, but I don't know whether there's a twist that Rumple's son lived/survived that long to be part of our world. With this writers nothing is impossible, Jeri.

Spoiler:
                        I guess we'll know about that after episode 119 on 22. April, or at least we'll know a bit more about that.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X