• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot (101)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON ONE
    PILOT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 101
    A young boy locates his birth mother in Boston, bringing her to the curious town of Storybrooke, Maine -- and claiming that she is the savior of the entire town, who are fairy tale characters trapped in the real world by an evil queen.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

If before Emma got to StoryBrooke, then what were the people doing before Henry brought her back?

He's not a character so he would have noticed a timeloop or something strange. And Mr. Gold apparently chose him when Regina wanted a child. Does Regine know he is the grandson of Snow White?

If Regina took custody of Henry while the town was in a time loop or something, then that means she had free will and could do anything prior to time starting up when Emma got there.

If Regina had Mr. Gold get her a child to adopt prior to time coming back, then does that mean Mr. Gold had free will too? Or could Regina just manipulate anyone in StoryBrooke to do anything prior to Emma restarting time?

For every character they can't remember how long Regina was mayor, it seemed like she always was mayor. So were they just mindless bodies before Emma came to town?

Comment

The first episode does leave a lot to consider. I think we have to assume that because Henry is only 10, he only recently gained the maturity to realize that he is the only one changing and growing. And he had never been anywhere else until he went looking for Emma. When Henry got the book, he started to put things together.

The nature of the curse makes these people unaware of the passage of time, except for Henry, because he was saved from the curse. Time only starts again when Emma comes into town.
      sigpic

Comment

Well, the question is how long was Henry there? I can't imagine if time didn't exist he would be able to learn anything at school. How were people acting prior to this? I just am confused by that and how Henry just seems like a normal kid compared to what he went through growing up.

Comment

This show has just started airing in the UK (though I've seen a few episodes online) so keeping moderately spoiler-free is going to be interesting!

I like the general feel of this show, and the idea of adding backstory to a lot of well-known fairy-tale characters. I do think that there's some logical inconsistencies to it, which I'm sure will bug me, but unlike proper sci-fi, I can always handwave it and say, "Oh, that doesn't happen because magic!!"

Comment

I've only seen the first two episode and I love it so far. It's totally flawed with inconsistencies but I'm just taking it as it is....and I'm just loving seeing so many star gate veterans on the screen again

Comment

Since all my other shows are on hold I decided to give this a try. Pretty good first episode.

Comment

I am surprised i never commented on a lot of these early episodes.

For an intro into storybrook and the series in general, i felt this was a solid episode. though i am not sure how the heck a 10 yr old (henry) was able to even track down Emma and get to her, all on his own.

Comment

I've watched the first two episodes. I have enjoyed them so far. Not really my genre cup of tea, but it has been entertaining enough to hold my interest. I love the concept. I think this is one of the best pilots I've seen in a long time. Wish I was caught up to the current season, but with all the shows I am watching that will probably be in the distant future.

Comment

Working...
                  X