This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate future?

Hi everyone I'm new here but I've been a SG fan for years and I want to ask you how you think the SG franchise should continue.
    I think the best way for it to continue is in comics. They should do SG-1 Revolution and SGA Extinction as graphic novels and continue SGU as a monthly ongoing comic book.
    What do you thing ? Would you buy SG comics ?

I don't read comic books. Honestly, I wouldn't read novels either. If I'm to sit down and read a novel, I want to read something original. There's no plans for another movie nor a TV series, so for me... it's simply over.

Comment

I would read them if they published them for free online...
      sigpic

Comment

I would read them if they were canon.

Comment

Comics are a thing; they've been happening ever since Buffy and Jericho did their "seasons" through them. I would like to see a TV show happen since I'm not a big fan of comic books and don't read as often as everybody likes. Sure, the comic may be good but TV is the way to go.

Even then, a new series would be the best bet to resurrecting Stargate and well, we can only dream...
          Back from the grave.

Comment

Supposedly stargate sg1 averaged anywhere from 1.5-2 million viewers. I loved both casts of sg1 and Atlantis not sgu so much so rather than a new series that who knows what kind of quality you might get I would personally prefer an ongoing once a year SG1 or Atlantis movie. This would allow them to get most or all of cast back while still permitting them to commit to other shows. Since nobody seems to want to pony up to make it why not pre pay $10 a buy on iTunes. Once 600,000 buys are made worldwide which may be doable considering the 2 million viewers was just US alone then make the film. Set a date if the funds aren't collected by certain date then each person can get a 5 dollar rebate to cover processing time and effort it's a small risk to invest in a future. Even 15 a person is the cost of a traditional DVD and that cuts you down even farther on number of buys worldwide. Wasn't budget for Ark of Truth and Continuum around 7 million each?
            If they sell more than that then put that towards a second film a year later and so forth.
            Last edited by terminator; 18 February 2012, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by terminator View Post
              Supposedly stargate sg1 averaged anywhere from 1.5-2 million viewers. I loved both casts of sg1 and Atlantis not sgu so much so rather than a new series that who knows what kind of quality you might get I would personally prefer an ongoing once a year SG1 or Atlantis movie. This would allow them to get most or all of cast back while still permitting them to commit to other shows. Since nobody seems to want to pony up to make it why not pre pay $10 a buy on iTunes. Once 600,000 buys are made worldwide which may be doable considering the 2 million viewers was just US alone then make the film. Set a date if the funds aren't collected by certain date then each person can get a 5 dollar rebate to cover processing time and effort it's a small risk to invest in a future. Even 15 a person is the cost of a traditional DVD and that cuts you down even farther on number of buys worldwide. Wasn't budget for Ark of Truth and Continuum around 7 million each?
              ^ this!
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                ^ this!
                Thanks for the support. It's a logical conclusion to come to while I'm not blatantly stealing the idea I'm sure I'm not the first one to have it. But the math seems reasonable considering the number of fans worldwide. Rather than just signing petitions we should put our money where our mouth is. Obviously I'm oversimplifying a bit but if you raised 7 million for Brad Wright my guess is he can handle it from there.

Comment

The difference is the sets were still up...Since they have been torn down it would make it even more expensive to start up again.

Plus the issue of pre-buys makes it a little...difficult.
                  sigpic

Comment

only if they use my SGD
                    sigpic
                    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by terminator View Post
                      If they sell more than that then put that towards a second film a year later and so forth.

Were the production not to pan out, I can see one major problem. Accepting payment, only to refund half in the event of a failed production would alienate the fan base. Several of those alienated and highly agitated fans could pursue legal recourse. Sadly, it's a very real possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
                        Were the production not to pan out, I can see one major problem. Accepting payment, only to refund half in the event of a failed production would alienate the fan base. Several of those alienated and highly agitated fans could pursue legal recourse. Sadly, it's a very real possibility.
                        I know. It's a risk people are warned about before they buy. Make it 1 or 2 dollars. I don't know what the actual math is I just threw out something arbitrary since somebody has to try to organize the thing as money is being collected and should get something for their time. Just think of it as an investment. Sometimes it pays off sometimes you lose. But the fan base is already alienated so while you're right in that people would be irritated they wouldn't have the right to be if they were informed before paying. Any volunteers? They could probably cgi a gate for just a movie since they sold the actual one off.

Comment

Originally posted by danielxxx View Post
                          Hi everyone I'm new here but I've been a SG fan for years and I want to ask you how you think the SG franchise should continue.
                          I think the best way for it to continue is in comics. They should do SG-1 Revolution and SGA Extinction as graphic novels and continue SGU as a monthly ongoing comic book.
                          What do you thing ? Would you buy SG comics ?
                          Mh, SG1 and SGA I would read and buy for. I'm not a fan of comics.
                          For Universe ... the main problem is still that the most fans only want canon-stuff ... or better, canon stuff they think it's canon-stuff what means, only BW and RCC have the right to proclaim what is canon and what not (stupid, I know, but ... *shrugs*). And I'm pretty sure both aren't interested enough to do comic-stuff (besides the thought IF they could draw the pics, because otherwise it won't be canon again ).
                          So I don't think a series of Universe-comic-books would work. I only know a handful of people who would buy SG1 and/or SGA-comics, and nearly no one would buy Universe. Sorry

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                          Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic
                          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                          I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I would support an SG1/SGA movie but SGU?
                            How about a Big Bang Theory movie with a spoof about SGU?

Leonard jumps into Raj's body, Raj jumps into Penny's body and Penny jumps into ____?

Comment

Originally posted by michelle888 View Post
                              I would support an SG1/SGA movie but SGU?
                              How about a Big Bang Theory movie with a spoof about SGU?

Leonard jumps into Raj's body, Raj jumps into Penny's body and Penny jumps into ____?
                              Huh?

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                              Sig & Avi by Josi
                              sigpic
                              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Working...
                              X