Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you rather live on Novus or stay on Destiny in hope of getting back to earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would you rather live on Novus or stay on Destiny in hope of getting back to earth?

berfor it turned out Novus was abandoned I thought that was what the conflict of the episode would be ( like that startrek voyager episode with Amelia earhart where they chicken out of exploring the idea by having NO ONE want to stay) if Novus had been habitable and that had been the conflict......and if you where a member of the crew what would you have chosen, stay on a planet similar but not earth or stay on Destiny in the hopes of maybe getting back to the real earth one day?

Stick with people with barely any sense of humanity or stick on a ship that doesn't get me to Earth? Tough question; I'd pick the Novus if I had to choose.
    Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
      Stick with people with barely any sense of humanity or stick on a ship that doesn't get me to Earth? Tough question; I'd pick the Novus if I had to choose.
      "barely any sense of humanity" what?

Comment

i have no clue either.

i'd go with Novus

Comment

Well, I would remain to live in Destiny, to investigate the universe is more interesting in my opinion than of to live again on an unknown planet.
          sigpic
          by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

that would be a tough call, but i think in there case i'd pick to stay in novus. the difference between destiny and voyager is that voyager (well janeway) is trying to get home, where as destiny is going further away from home. i think it would exiting to live on a different planet, one that while they are humans will have a totally different culture then our own.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duval View Post
              Well, I would remain to live in Destiny, to investigate the universe is more interesting in my opinion than of to live again on an unknown planet.
              ^This. I'd want to stay on Destiny.
              sigpic

Comment

I'd stay on Destiny. Novus is a planet, going nowhere, whereas Destiny has a purpose, and it's a ship; which comes with incredible danger, but also chances for discovery and adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                  that would be a tough call, but i think in there case i'd pick to stay in novus. the difference between destiny and voyager is that voyager (well janeway) is trying to get home, where as destiny is going further away from home. i think it would exiting to live on a different planet, one that while they are humans will have a totally different culture then our own.
                  "totally different culture then our own" not that different judging by the planet in Blockade that place even had a dry cleaners

Comment

i don't think i could live with the constant possibility of horrible death on Destiny.

Comment

With a single Vanessa James wandering about? I think I'd risk it.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        With a single Vanessa James wandering about? I think I'd risk it.
                        I'd prefer Alaina Huffman

but about Vanessa James, is it just me or do most believably tough women in film and real life tend to have massive racks?

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
                          berfor it turned out Novus was abandoned I thought that was what the conflict of the episode would be ( like that startrek voyager episode with Amelia earhart where they chicken out of exploring the idea by having NO ONE want to stay) if Novus had been habitable and that had been the conflict......and if you where a member of the crew what would you have chosen, stay on a planet similar but not earth or stay on Destiny in the hopes of maybe getting back to the real earth one day?
                          First off, the writers didn't chicken out with the VOY episode. "The 37's" was originally to be the Season 1 finale, but it was held over as the Season 2 premiere. The idea was to end the first season with a big event (the ship landing) and the crew united (everyone's committed to the journey home). Is it that hard to believe that everyone had faith in the ship getting back to Earth before the grandkids bring the ship home? I was surprised people didn't pair off like crazy in the beginning. Once Kes hurled the ship 9,500 light years, shaving a 1/7 of the journey home. After that episode, I would imagine everyone assumed it would be when, not if.

As for Destiny vs. Novus... there's only one Earth. I'd want to get back to Earth eventually, so I'd stay on Destiny. "Twin Destinies" showed that the ship can dial Earth from within a star. It's just a matter of doing this safely. Why not bring Carter and McKay over via the stones, eh?

Comment

We're the choice open, I would opt to remain on Destiny.

Comment

I would definitley stay on the Destiny because although it would be fun to develop a new civiliaztion on Novus and discover the planet it is far more interesting to unlock ancients secrets and explore the universe with some mad scientists called Rush
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X