X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repo Man (715)

Episode Synopsis :

Originally posted by TV Guide
    A demon that once murdered women in a small town resurfaces and embarks on another killing spree. Sam and Dean visit a man once possessed by the demon to see if he can remember any of the demonic beast's plans.

Original Air Date : 02/17/2012
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Poor Sam. Not again!

You really have to wonder sometimes if Luci is still in there somewhere. With that I dont mean a hallucination, but more a imprint of sorts. I really hope Sam finds a way to lock him out again, but I guess now he has no other choice as to confront him.

Did anyone else notice that the Radio turned on all by itself in the middle of the night? Someone is helping the Boys, so its not just in Deans Head.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

What a great episode this was. That serial killer twist was just great, and things getting worse for Sam should definitely be interesting. That ending was just crazy.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Poor Sam! Not only is Lucifer still around.....he's snarky too!

That demon-of-the-week was reaaally creepy. Jeez.

Next new episode on March 9?

IHS
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
          Poor Sam! Not only is Lucifer still around.....he's snarky too!

That demon-of-the-week was reaaally creepy. Jeez.

Next new episode on March 9?

IHS
          It's hard to believe...but apparently we have to wait until the 16th!!!! That's 4 weeks! or 3 weeks and 5 days and counting....

It was great to see Lucifer back. (And he really does speak with forked tongue!) We kind of knew that he'd been hanging around annoying Sam for months, even though we hadn't been seeing it, but Sam's been warding him off and ignoring him but now he's sneaked in when Sam was at his most vunerable.

Still not sure whether he's part of Sam's subconcious mind or something more sinister. It's evil for Sam either way. Looks like it's downhill for him now.

Loved the serial killer twist...had never considered the idea that demons would actively seek out humans with the potential for evil, and that they would enjoy demonic possession! Now that's creepy!

In the flashback sequence..I spent so much of that time trying to decide where it fits in the timeline...I didn't notice at first that Dean was wearing the Samulet! Shame on me. But there it was. That was nice.

But I did notice the Impala...

With the timeline: I know it said 4 years earlier but that is a bit fuzzy, what with the time jump to S6 and time in hell etc. There's the scene with Lilith taunting Dean, with him clutching the bible, in Yellow Fever. So it should be after that. I reckon it was somewhere around After School Special, (4 x 13) because I have caps of Sam with the same jacket and also they've tried to make his hair as similar as possible. Although it seems likely to have occured after On the Head of a Pin because Dean didn't seem to hesitate with the torturing...and from what I can remember he really didn't want to get into that until after that episode.

Anyway...not that it matters but I have a geeky brain... I like to know these things.
          sigpic

Comment

One thing about SPN.......I very rarely EVER see the twists coming! I LOVE that they surprise me on a weekly basis.

IHS
            sigpic

Comment

Okay, I posted this in the Jensen thunk thread because one of my fellow Jensen/Dean thunkers wanted me to spoil her on the episode but iolanda asked me to post this here as well so...

Here ya go!

Let's see, we got to see Baby again, over which I squeed. See, the beginning took place 4 years ago, hence the jewelry and Impala - with spotlights! And Sam's hair wasn't that different from present day Sam's hair...which kinda irked me. Um, I kinda missed some stuff after that because I was tweeting about seeing Dean's Amulet and Ring again, and of course about Purple flannel. See, it's my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE Dean shirt, if you haven't figured that out already, and I go all fangirly whenever Dean wears it. Or if it just makes a cameo, like peeking out of Dean's duffel - such as in S1's Devil's Trap, right after receiving that call from Meg Dean grabs his bag, which is open and we see the purple flannel - that is enough for me to be all kinds of squee happy.

Dean actually does the whole exorcism for once! Love hearing him speaking Latin! He had to exorcise a demon from this guy, Jeffery, who, as it turns out, is kinda in love with the demon that was possessing him. Only we (and Dean and Sam) don't know that...yet. FF four years, the murders that the demon committed while possessing Jeffery start up again and Dean and Sam start to investigate. But, uh-oh! A detective from 4 years ago remembers them, their (rock drummer) aliases! Yes, I actually said UH-OH! out loud. Sam however, admitted to those names, which, kinda surprised me.

Dean and Sam talked to a women, Nora Havelock, who, um, had something to do with a Wiccan group of some sort. Light magic, none of that heavy stuff. I think she was there four years ago when Dean exorcised the demon, but I can't remember why...or what she had to do with it. They notice a freshly painted Devil's Trap on the floor just inside her office door. She's obviously in-the-know.

While at Jeffery's "place" Jeffery "remembers" a list of victims that the demon constantly recited while inhabiting him and was able to pass on the name of the next victim...a librarian whose name I can't remember. Sam decided to shadow her at the library where she worked while Dean stayed behind with Jeffery. Jeffery then remembers something else...Crap! He remembered where the demon kept his "souvenirs" and Dean decided to check it out...Jeffery wanted to go too, I can't remember what he said was his reason for wanting to go but...I had a bad feeling about it.

They get there and Dean finds a young "college kid" tied to a chair, bloody, and starts to help him...untie him. The kid screams, as much as one can scream with a duct taped mouth, but Dean doesn't get it, doesn't realize what's about to happen until it's too late. Dean tries to put up a fight but he get's clocked upside the head by Jeffery, knocked out, down for the count...I think. Jeffery then jabs a needle in the back of Dean's neck - presumably an anesthetic. Next we see Dean he is tied to a chair much like the college kid...who we learn is Nora's son. Jeffery is there...talking crap and preparing a summoning spell to bring back the Demon that possessed him four years ago.

Meanwhile, Sam has gone back to Nora's office to talk to her again, my memory is fuzzy here. She reveals to Sam that Jeffery has her son, that Jeffery cut off her sons (right) ear and sent it to her because the spell didn't work the first time. Um...she showed Sam a very serious summoning ritual (in what looked like an old tome) that required "the blood of the one who exorcised the demon"...Dean's blood! Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with that either. Don't remember what was said or what happened next but I do remember Sam giving her an ultimatum, "Either keep the ear or save the kid!" Or something along those lines.

Somehow Jeffery got hold of the Demon killing knife...not sure if Dean had it and Jeffery took it from him or...what. He got Dean's blood and performed the ritual. Which worked but...not the way Jeffery had intended. The Demon took up residence in the college kid much to Jeffery's dismay and all but shot Jeffery down. Jeffery wanted to know why and the Demon said he was done with Jeffery, that there wasn't anything else to teach him.

Dean shot/killed Jeffery...college kid's mom exorcised the demon from him and Dean and Sam called it day. Upon arriving at their motel Dean plopped on his bed face down and went to sleep...after some light conversion with Sam...while keeping (the side of) his face firmly planted against the bed/blankets.

Oh, and did I forget to mention, Sam is seeing Lucifer again? Yep. Don't quite know how that happened, sorry. It was sometime during the opening scenes which is when I was tweeting on my phone. Lucifer said that Sam "let him in"...whatever that means. Lucifer followed Sam throughout the episode Sam's little hand trick only worked for so long...until it stopped. Last scene is Sam sitting in the motel trying with all his strength to banish Lucifer and failing miserably as flames shoot up all around him - all while Dean sleeps on, oblivious.. End scene.

Thus leading to the next episode wherein Sam goes crazy and is in need of a shave.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Seems like Luci is back! Enjoy the episode....
                sigpic

Comment

This was a really good episode! On the first glance it was another demon of the week one and it was great to see the boys in S4-gear again. They even gave Dean not only the amulet and the ring but also his bracelet back. (Now that they have an amulet again as a prop, could Dean pretty please find it in Sams stuff because Sam did not leave it in the trash bin and wear it again?). I'm with you, Lizzie, and think that this has to have been sometimes after "On the head of a Pin".

They were really determined to find Lilith and the torturing scene was hard to look at.

After the start the episode tuned into a little bit of a lighter tune, just like a good old times demon hunt, completely with the rock star aliases - wouldn't there be Sams visions.

I loved the twist with the "broken good guy is a serial killer who wants his demon back" and the helping lady is in reality a blackmailed and leads the guns right into a trap, and that the demon chose a serial killer who loved to be possessed.

But what made this episode special is the breaking of Sam. We now get a clue what was up with him when he was staring into a corner or pressing the scar on his hand. We already knew the he was seeing Lucifer but not how this was appearing to him once he found a way to make him disappear.

So this was the point where he finally gave in, it was a shut up at first but that was the first step and now his means to get rid of Lucifer again aren't working any more. That's going to be a tough time

I found it interesting how Dean described Jeffrey at one point, something like being crazy on the inside while looking totally normal on the outside and how this fits to Sam as well. At the same time Dean killed Jeffrey, a human who wasn't much of a physical thread any more, without a blink more or less because he was crazy. I guess Dean has a hard time coming to learn how much his brother is alike (not a serial, though, but dangerous enough).

The review here points out something else. The way how Jeffrey described himself after the attack - that was Dean more or less.

So after all I'm not sure if Lucifer is really not real. One can only hope on Sams behalf that there IS a connection back to Lucis cage and he is seeing a projection of him, because if Lucifer is a hallucination then Sam is in a very, very bad shape and I don't know how they want to get him back in a way that makes sense.

Oh, one thing which I found disturbing during the episode was the very convenient Devil's trap on the ceiling, which just no one could have drawn there except Jeffrey, and Jeffrey wanted to get his demon back and surely did not want to trap himself.
                  The cake is a lie!

Comment

Loved the ep. Especially the Sam/Lucifer stuff.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post

After the start the episode tuned into a little bit of a lighter tune, just like a good old times demon hunt, completely with the rock star aliases - wouldn't there be Sams visions.
                      Didn't Sam's visions stop at the end of Season 2?

I found it interesting how Dean described Jeffrey at one point, something like being crazy on the inside while looking totally normal on the outside and how this fits to Sam as well. At the same time Dean killed Jeffrey, a human who wasn't much of a physical thread any more, without a blink more or less because he was crazy. I guess Dean has a hard time coming to learn how much his brother is alike (not a serial, though, but dangerous enough).

The review here points out something else. The way how Jeffrey described himself after the attack - that was Dean more or less.
                      When watching the ep, my first thought was that Dean was describing himself. In fact there were a lot of little things about Jeffrey which I thought described Dean.

Jeffrey: I was a wreck, an emotional shell, a drunk. I was suicidal.

Although Sam is most definitely moving towards buckets of crazy...I wouldn't describe him as psychopathic.
                      He's far too emotional and gets upset very easily...not the sign of psychopath.

So after all I'm not sure if Lucifer is really not real. One can only hope on Sams behalf that there IS a connection back to Lucis cage and he is seeing a projection of him, because if Lucifer is a hallucination then Sam is in a very, very bad shape and I don't know how they want to get him back in a way that makes sense.
                      It would make the whole thing much more intriguing if Lucifer does have a connection to Sam from the cage...and hopefully he can then have that connection cut off somehow.

Oh, one thing which I found disturbing during the episode was the very convenient Devil's trap on the ceiling, which just no one could have drawn there except Jeffrey, and Jeffrey wanted to get his demon back and surely did not want to trap himself.
                      It's not the first time they've done that...don't know whether there are cut scenes which would explain it...or maybe it's done just for us to nit pic at...or drive us crazy.

Oh...nearly forgot..I see Dean chose the bed furthest from the door...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                        Didn't Sam's visions stop at the end of Season 2?
                        Wrong word on my side, I meant his hallucinations of Lucifer.

When watching the ep, my first thought was that Dean was describing himself. In fact there were a lot of little things about Jeffrey which I thought described Dean.

Jeffrey: I was a wreck, an emotional shell, a drunk. I was suicidal.

Although Sam is most definitely moving towards buckets of crazy...I wouldn't describe him as psychopathic.
                        He's far too emotional and gets upset very easily...not the sign of psychopath.
                        That's the quote which pretty much fits to Dean, that's right.

Sam's crazy might be that he is schizophrenic, not a psychopath, and I hope that they will find a way to heal him from that. A cousin of my mum is schizophrenic and it is ugly. Of course we won't get a realistic version but the Supernatural-TV-land version of schizophrenia but still.

It would make the whole thing much more intriguing if Lucifer does have a connection to Sam from the cage...and hopefully he can then have that connection cut off somehow.
                        That's what I'm hoping for. Or maybe Cas!?

It's not the first time they've done that...don't know whether there are cut scenes which would explain it...or maybe it's done just for us to nit pic at...or drive us crazy.

Oh...nearly forgot..I see Dean chose the bed furthest from the door...
                        I know. But still
                        The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                          Wrong word on my side, I meant his hallucinations of Lucifer.
                          Ah, okay.

Sam's crazy might be that he is schizophrenic, not a psychopath, and I hope that they will find a way to heal him from that. A cousin of my mum is schizophrenic and it is ugly. Of course we won't get a realistic version but the Supernatural-TV-land version of schizophrenia but still.
                          Yes, you're right, it's much more like that. I suppose in Sam's case though, his mental state is pretty much unique. So the writers can kind of deal with in anyway they want to. But I hope they don't leave him in a horrible state for too long.

That's what I'm hoping for. Or maybe Cas!?
                          They must have something like that planned...I hope so. They can't really have Sam stuck in a psyche ward for a year. Not unless they skip another one like they did before season 6.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X