X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Rewatch: SG-1 Season Seven Nominations

Nominations, Please!

February means it's SG-1 Season Seven month on GateWorld as we celebrate 17 years of Stargate history with the Stargate Rewatch! As you enjoy another 22 episodes in your Rewatch program, here’s your intro to SG-1's seventh year and links to everything related here on GateWorld.

By request we're keeping around the Best Jonas Moment this month. We'll take nominations in this thread for the first half of the month, and then unveil the award ballot for voting on the GateWorld home page the second half of the month. At the end of February, we'll announce the winners to wrap up this season of the Stargate fan community Rewatch project.

Season One Award Winners
    Season Two Award Winners
    Season Three Award Winners
    Season Four Award Winners
    Season Five Award Winners
    Season Six Award Winners

The Categories:
    (Remember, keep your noms limited to Season Seven only!)
    • Best Episode (Season Seven)
    • Best Jack Moment
    • Best Daniel Moment
    • Best Sam Moment
    • Best Teal'c Moment
    • Best Jonas Moment
    • Best Hammond Moment
    • Best Team Moment
    • Best Alien Race
    • Best Goa'uld Villain
    • Coolest Technology
    • Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)

(You can also suggest new categories for next month's Season Eight Awards.) Remember that the best alien race, villain, and technology you nominate don't have to be new to the show in Season Seven, but they do have to make an appearance in Season Seven!

Here's How to Nominate:

There's a poll above for the first category, Best Episode. You may vote for up to THREE episodes. (If you vote for any more, we'll have to disqualify all your votes.) You must use the poll for your "Best Episode" nominations to be counted (don't just post them below). Remember, this is just the nomination stage. The top vote-getters will square off in the official poll starting next week.

For all other categories, just post below. Two rules:

Please specify the episode! ("That one where Teal'c says 'Indeed'" won't be counted.)

One nomination per category per person, please! So think about it, watch some episodes, and come back and post. (If we detect fake "sock" accounts stuffing the nominations box, ALL your noms will be disqualified.)

The final ballot will include those with the most nominations, so don't skip over something because someone else already posted it. Nominate what you think is the best of the best!

Nominations will close on or around Saturday, February 18. Thanks!
    Fallen
    3.47%
    Homecoming
    1.39%
    Fragile Balance
    2.78%
    Orpheus
    4.86%
    Revisions
    0.69%
    Lifeboat
    5.56%
    Enemy Mine
    2.08%
    Space Race
    1.39%
    Avenger 2.0
    1.39%
    Birthright
    1.39%
    Evolution, Part 1
    2.08%
    Evolution, Part 2
    2.08%
    Grace
    3.47%
    Fallout
    0.00%
    Chimera
    0.00%
    Death Knell
    7.64%
    Heroes, Part 1
    2.08%
    Heroes, Part 2
    20.83%
    Resurrection
    0.00%
    Inauguration
    0.00%
    Lost City, Part 1
    10.42%
    Lost City, Part 2
    26.39%

The poll is expired.

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

i'll be nominating soon but i was just wondering why didnt u use any of the nominated categories people put in from last season's nominations. there were janet fraiser favorite, fav visual effects, etc.? i dont want to pick a fight or anything im just asking.

Comment

Best Episode (Season Seven): "Lost City Part II"

Best Jack Moment: Allowing the anceint knowledge being downloaded into his mind at the possible cost of his life to find the Lost City in "Lost City part I"

Best Daniel Moment: Being posessed by the minds of a the crew of a crashed ship in "Lifeboat"

Best Sam Moment: Competing in the space race in "Space Race"

Best T'ealc Moment: Regaining his confidence in himslelf in "Orpheus"

Best Jonas Moment: Being a part of a mission to save Langara in "Fallout" and confronting the Goa'uld who posed as a member of the project to save Langara and working with her to save Langara.

Best Hammond Momment: Commanding the Prometheus in "Lost City part II".

Best Team Moment: Seaching for the lost city in "Lost City part I"

Best Alien Race: The Serakkin in "Space Race"

Best Goa'uld Villain: Anubis

Coolest Technology: The ancient weapon in Antacrtica in "Lost City part II"

Best Guest Star: Terryl (spelling?) Rotherey in "Lifeboat"
      Last edited by hermantheowl; 09 February 2012, 05:35 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Best Episode (Season Seven)
        Lost City pt 2

Best Jack Moment
        Jack activating the Ancient outpost chair and letting loose the stream of destructive drones on Anubis’s ship. Then the look of satisfaction as he learns of the destruction just before he accepts that death is coming and closes his eyes. (Lost City pt 2)

Best Daniel Moment
        When the frightened child personality comes out for a brief moment over the other personalities of the doomed race that were downloaded into his mind. (Lifeboat)

Best Sam Moment
        Sam stoically pushes herself on despite injury to evade the Supersoldier, and still manages to get the missile on the downed ARV to fire on the Supersoldier. (Death Knell)

Best Teal'c Moment
        When Teal’c got his ‘mojo’ back, fights and beats the nasty Jaffa commander of the labour camp, breaking the Jaffa's neck for his satisfying moment of victory. (Orpheus)

Best Jonas Moment
        When he pushes Daniel out of the way of a staff blast and takes it instead.
        DANIEL: I owe you one.
        JONAS: Call it even. (Homecoming)

Best Hammond Moment
        Taking command of the Prometheus and standing guard over SG-1 in Antarctica to give them a fighting chance for Jack to activate the Ancient weapons. Then setting the collision course with Anubis’ ship to destroy it in a last act of self sacrifice.
        (Lost City pt 2)

Best Team Moment
        Jack having taken the Ancient download sits in the chair while Sam, Daniel and Teal’c protect him from the Supersoldiers until he can activate the drones to save Earth from destruction by Anubis. (Lost City pt 2)

Best Alien Race
        Serrakin (Space Race)

Best Goa'uld Villain
        Osiris (Chimera)

Coolest Technology
        The Ancient regeneration device hidden on Earth by the Goa’uld Telchac, the source of ‘The Fountain of Youth’ myth. (Evolution pt 2)

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)
        William Devane as President Henry Hayes (Inauguration)

Comment

Best Episode- Lost City Part 2 (if we can count it as whole then Lost City)
          Best Jack Moment- When he sacrifices his own life to save daniel's and the galaxy by using the repository of knowledge to destory Anubis. (Lost City Part 1) (I also loved the moments of Jack with Ishta and the female jaffa about the sex stuff lol)
          Best Daniel Moment- (this was a hard one because i had a hard time choosing) When he crawled around undetected trying to save Jonas, finish SG-1's plan and escape from Anubis on Anubis's ship. (Homecoming) (and fallen i guess goes with it)
          Best Sam Moment- staying sane (for the most part lol) on the prometheus while making out with a hallucianation of Jack. (Grace)
          Best Teal'c Moment- Teal'c's regain of honor and strength in his heart after learning to live with the tretonan and saving Ry'ac and Bra'tac (Orpheus) (at least i think thats a good explanation of it)
          Best Jonas Moment- Jonas standing up to Anubis in front of him after being captured (Fallen-at end) (he also stands up to him in Homecoming).
          Best Fraiser Moment (im adding this because its her last season and i feel it should be in)- Taking a stand and fighting to save Daniel's life against the alien personalities that switched around in him. (Lifeboat)
          Best Visual effects (same reason)- Space Race ties with Lost City Part 2
          Best Hammond Moment-(probably like most people) Hammond taking a last stand to not only defend SG-1 over antartica against Anubis's army on the Prometheus but also leads a all out collison on Anubis (who was in his ship and luckily for us fans SG-1 saved him george in time from being killed). (Lost City Part 2)
          Best Team Moment- Their literal race against time to stop Anubis, they traveled to another world to get a ZPM, got back to Earth and blasted their way down in antartica and found the ancient outpost that they defended and used and wiped out Anubis (presumably) and his entire fleet. (Lost City Part 2)
          Best Alien Race- The Kull Warriors (epic enemy that im glad they started to use instead of the jaffa) (Evolution Part 2)
          Best Goa'uld villain: the most bad@ss goa'uld and most powerful of all time.....ANUBIS! (Lost City Part 2)
          Coolest Technology- the ancient healing device (Evolution Part 2)
          Best Guest Star- David Palffy as Anubis in Lost City Part 2 (Great villain) (2nd choice would be Tony aka Bra'tac in Lost City Part 2)

Comment

Best Episode: Lost City - really, both parts 1 & 2, but being limited to just 1 episode i'll nominate part 2.

Best Jack Moment: Fragile Balance - i actually loved young Jack. I think the best moment would be replacing young Jack with Jack, who remains asleep until he hears Teal'c deadpan, "Indeed."

Best Daniel Moment: Lifeboat - housing multiple alien consciouses.

Best Sam Moment: Grace - the whole damn episode.

Best Teal'c Moment: Orpheus - overcoming an injury and mounting a rescue of Rya'c and Bra'tac.

Best Jonas Moment: Eh...

Best Hammond Moment: Lost City 2 - commanding the Prometheus into battle.

Best Team Moment: Lost City 1 - everyone, Hammond included, convening at Jack's cabin.

Best Alien Race: Honestly, i can't really speak to one in season 7. We didn't meet anyone new. I'm not qualifying the Kull warriors as a race, being they were genetically engineered by Anubis.

Coolest Technology: The dome in Renovations. Both cool, and very frightening.

Best Guest Star: William Devane as President Henry Hayes in Inauguration.

Comment

Heroes Part 2

Best Jack Moment
              When Jack finds out that he has been cloned by the Asgard Loki and he needs to pee. (Fragile Balance)

Best Daniel Moment
              Struggling through the the various personalities that are now stored in his subconscious. (Lifeboat)

Best Sam Moment
              Sam dealing with the death of Janet and injury of Jack (Heroes 1 & 2)

Best Teal'c Moment
              When Teal’c get his ‘mojo’ back. (Orpheus)

Best Jonas Moment
              When he pushes Daniel out of the way of a staff blast and takes it instead.
              (Homecoming)

Best Hammond Moment
              On the Prometheus setting the collision course with Anubis’ ship to destroy it.
              (Lost City pt 2)

Best Team Moment
              Sam's subconscious representation of each team member during her concussion on board Prometheus (Grace)

Best Alien Race
              Unas (Enemy Mine)

Best Goa'uld Villain
              Osiris (Chimera)

Coolest Technology
              Repository of Knowledge (Lost City 1)

Saul Rubinek (Heroes 1 & 2)

Comment

I hate that you have split the two parters, btw, I would always consider them one story.

Best Episode: Heroes Part 2
                Best Jack Moment: "Following. Still. You. Not" Jack's response to Daniel's discovery of strange words in Jack's crossword puzzle (Lost City Part 2)(Loved all of the interactions between the two across this episode)
                Best Daniel Moment: Working with Chaka to negotiate a mining settlement (Enemy Mine)
                Best Sam Moment: Struggling with concussion, Sam figures out a way to save herself and Prometheus (Grace)
                Best Teal’c Moment: Showing that he is capable of fighting without a Goa'uld to aid him (Orpheus)
                Best Jonas Moment: Defying Anubis (Fallen)
                Best Hammond Moment: Directing Prometheus to save SG-1 and then set it on a collision course with Anubis (Lost City Part 2)
                Best Team Moment: Saving Earth by accessing the Antarctic Outpost (Lost City Part 2)
                Best Alien Race: Kull Warriors
                Best Goa’uld Villain: Ba'al (Homecoming)
                Coolest Technology: Ancient Chair & Drones (Lost City Part 2)
                Best Guest Star: Saul Rubinek as Emmett Bregman (Heroes Parts 1 & 2)

For Season 8, I would add a Best Replicator Moment/Character category

Comment

Best Episode: Lost City

Best Jack Moment: Having to watch Teal''c suffer punishment and not being able to do anything about it in Orpheus.

Best Daniel Moment: Working with Jonas on Anubis's ship in Homecoming.

Best Sam Moment: Death Knell

Best Teal'c Moment: Teal'c tries to negotiate with Lord Yu for help in defeating Anubis over Jonas's homeworld in Fallen.

Best Jonas Moment: Working with Daniel on Anubis's ship in Homecoming.

Best Hammond Moment: Ordering Emmett Bregman off the base in Lost City 2.

Best Team Moment: Keeping the information crystal out of Her'ak's hands in Homecoming.

Best Alien Race: Asgard.

Best Gao'uld Villian: Osiris in Chimera.

Coolest Technology: The ZPM.

Best Guest Star: Michael Welch in Fragile Balance.
                  Last edited by Kliggins; 08 February 2012, 01:13 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Best Episode
                    Lost City

Best Jack Moment
                    Downloading the ancient knowledge. (Lost City)

Best Daniel Moment
                    Working with Jonas. (Homecoming)

Best Sam Moment
                    Her battle with the Supersoldier. (Death Knell)

Best Teal'c Moment
                    When Teal’c regained his confidence. (Orpheus)

Best Jonas Moment
                    When he gets hit by a staff blast. (Homecoming)

Best Hammond Moment
                    Commanding Prometheus and standing guard over SG-1 in Antarctica, then setting a collision course with Anubis’ ship. (Lost City pt 2)

Best Team Moment
                    Saving Earth by accessing the Antarctic Outpost. (Lost City Part 2)

Best Alien Race
                    Serrakin (Space Race)

Best Goa'uld Villain
                    Osiris (Chimera)

Coolest Technology
                    Ancient Chair & Drones. (Lost City Part 2)

William Devane as President Henry Hayes (Inauguration)
                    sigpic

Comment

Best Episode (Season Seven)-
                      1. Heroes, Pt. II (or, as a single 2-hr episode, Pt. I & II)
                      2. The Lost City, Pt. II (ditto as in the above qualifications for a 2-parter)
                      3. Evolution, Pt. II (thrice ditto?)

Best Jack Moment-
                      "Hey! I realize it doesn't actually say 'Colonel' anywhere on my uniform, but it should..!" Fans tend to forget that, even though Teen Jack's body was a younger, smaller version of his adult self, his memories and mannerisms were NOT smaller versions of that, etc.-- they were nearly his *exact* thought patterns containing the life experiences of a 50-plus-year-old military man and the weight that comes with same. Welch WAS Jack, too, and he shined just as brightly here as anything RDA would've done. ("Fragile Balance")

Best Daniel Moment-
                      I know everyone loves him in "Lifeboat"... but I, myself, had to choose between Daniel's interaction with Anna in "Resurrection" and his gut-wrenching scenes in "Heroes, Pt. II"-- and I wound up choosing the latter. ("Heroes, Pt. II")

Best Sam Moment-
                      Her winning a dance-of-death battle with a Kull warrior trying to hunt her down... only later to have it feel like a pyrrhic victory as the great Tok'ra/Jaffa/Tau'ri alliance comes crashing down in flames after her rescue from that very battle. ("Death Knell")

Best Teal'c Moment-
                      Teal'c at both his weakest *and* bad-assed best, while trying to save his son, his mentor/friend, and his Free Jaffa remnant brothers from a true ‘Death Camp’ in every sense of the word. ("Orpheus")

Best Jonas Moment-
                      That's an easy one: Jonas in his full glory (of being himself) while trying to save his planet from exploding, while diplomats from that same planet niggle away over petty details… AND, at the same time, he’s dealing with a sexy Goa’uld trying to save his planet, too- but for her *own* purposes..! ("Fallout")

Best Hammond Moment-
                      Confronting and- in the end, thanking- Bregman for his work in the SGC’s dealing with a loss of a valued member of the SG family. ("Heroes, Pt. I & II")

Best Team Moment-
                      With the total 'team' element kinda scatter-shot in Season Seven (ala RDA), I could only choose the episode(s) that seemed to be wrapping up the final adventures of *this* team as it existed for seven years. Even though "Stargate SG-1" wound up not ending as a series after all at that time, this was still a thrilling way to close the chapter on the SG-1 team as O'Neill's very own. ("Lost City, Pt. II")

Best Alien Race-
                      My heart may be still with the Serrakin (who was my 'Best Alien' vote in Season Six)... BUT, it has to go to the Terminator-like Kull Warriors in Season Seven. ("Evolution")

Best Goa'uld Villain-
                      Mr. Big Bad Himself: Anubius. Was there really any doubt?

Coolest Technology-
                      The Ancient Drone Chair. A great find for us poor humans on Earth facing an armada of amped-up Goa’ulds from Anubius... but was it an ill-conceived deux ex machina contrivance for the series itself going forward..? ("Lost City, Pt. II")

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)-
                      Saul Rubinek as Emmett Bregman. We love to hate the media for the tactics they use to get bits of news to us, the People... but we tend to forget the emotional toll those same members go through to get that same news/info to us at all in the first place. Saul has always performed great with these type of roles, and this one was a continuation of such greatness. ("Heroes, Pt. I & II")

Comment

Lost City (as a whole or if not then just Part 2)

Best Jack Moment
                        To save Earth and keep the Ancients' repository of knowledge from falling into Anubis's hands, Jack O'Neill downloads the library of the Ancients into his brain -- again. ("Lost City, Pt.1")

Best Daniel Moment
                        Daniel and Chaka try to mediate negoiations with a group of tribal Unas, to try to access a Naquadah Mine that the Unas see as scared ground. ("Enemy Mine")

Best Sam Moment
                        Carter evading one of Anubis's Kull warriors for several days on the alpha site before being rescued by O'Neill and Teal'c. ("Death Knell")

Best Teal'c Moment
                        Teal'c overcoming his self-doubt of not having a symbiote, and considers himself to be weak, to save Bra'tac and Rya'c from a Jaffa labor camp. ("Orpheus")

Best Jonas Moment
                        When he pushes Daniel out of the way of a staff blast and takes it instead. ("Homecoming")

Best Hammond Moment
                        Taking command of the Prometheus and standing guard over SG-1 in Antarctica to give them a fighting chance for Jack to activate the Ancient weapons. Then setting the collision course with Anubis’ ship to destroy it in a last act of self sacrifice.(Lost City Part 2)

Best Team Moment
                        Jack sitting in the ancient control chair while Carter, Daniel and Teal’c protect him from Anubis' Supersoldiers until he can activate the drones to save Earth from destruction by Anubis. (Lost City pt 2)

Best Alien Race
                        Serrakin ("Space Race")

Best Goa'uld Villain
                        Anubis ("Lost City Part 2")

Coolest Technology
                        Ancient Drone Weapon ("Lost City, Part 2")

Michael Welch as Young Jack O'Neill ("Fragile Balance")
                        Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 16 February 2012, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Best Jack Moment: Young Jack tries to get into the briefing about the X-302, followed by "I'll forgo the charges for assaulting a superior officer."
                          Best Daniel Moment: Trying to get through to Anna (Resurrection)
                          Best Sam Moment: Evading the Kull warrior in Death Knell
                          Best Teal'c Moment: The fight at the end of Orpheus
                          Best Jonas Moment: Jonas refuses to leave the goa'uld behind in Fallout
                          Best Hammond Moment: Commanding Prometheus
                          Best Team Moment: Finding the ancient outpost in antarctica and destroying Anubis' fleet.
                          Best Alien Race: Unas
                          Best Goa'uld Villain: Kull Warrior
                          Coolest Technology: Kull Warrior Armour
                          Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode): Bill Dow (Dr. Lee) from Evolution.

Comment

Fragile Balance
                            Evolution Pt 2
                            The Lost City Pt 2

Best Jack Moment
                            Jack is turned into a teenager and has to deal with that. (Fragile Balance)

Best Daniel Moment
                            Daniel's mind is taken over by a group of alien consciousnesses. (Lifeboat)

Best Sam Moment
                            Sam works with Warrick to try and help him with the space race, and has a bit of fun in the process. (Space Race)

Best Teal’c Moment
                            Teal'c works with Warrick's brother Eamon in order to break into Tech Con and Tynan's computer. (Space Race)

Best Jonas Moment
                            Jonas and Daniel work together aboard Anubis's ship so that Sam and Jack can destroy his super weapon. (Fallen)

Best Hammond Moment
                            Hammond swoops in with the Prometheus to cover SG1 as they try to get to the Antarctic Outpost (Lost City Pt 2)

Best Team Moment
                            The team supports Jack and stays with him as he deteriorates from the Ancient knowledge. They eventually have to say goodbye as they freeze him in order to keep him from dying. (The Lost City)

Best Alien Race
                            Serrakin (Space Race)

Best Goa’uld Villain
                            Osiris (Chimera)

Coolest Technology
                            The Cargo ship Jack modifies to go super fast in The Lost City

Michael Welch as Young Jack in Fragile Balance

Comment

Best Episode: Lost City part 2. Though having said that I did vote for Death Knell, Lifeboat & Heroes pt 2 for variuos reasons but Lost City kinda encapulates everything.

Best Jack Moment: Having the ancient knowledge downloaded into his fron - again...in Lost City

Best Daniel Moment: Lifeboat - the whole ep with all those personalities in his head...well played!

Best Sam Moment: Surviving the Super Soldier in Death Knell.

Best Teal'c Moment: His actions in Orpheus - saving Bra'tac & Ry'ac

Best Jonas Moment: Working with the team in Homecoming

Best Hammond Moment: Taking command of Prometheus & covering SG1's @ss in Lost City 2

Best Team Moment: Lost City pts 1 & 2

Best Alien Race: Kull Warriors

Coolest Technology: Ancient chair & drones

Best Guest Star: William Devane in Inauguration coz if President Hayes was real, I'd vote for him even though I don't live in the US. . Though I was torn between him and Micheal Welch who played mini Jack so well...they shoulda kept him on the show.
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                              X