This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Costuming & Cosplay

We all love Stargate. We have our favorite sides, even favorite aliens.

I know some of you have gone to Conventions and see people dressed up in either some spectacular outfits or the cheesiest costumes every made. We see a LOT of the Star Wars Imperial Stormtroopers and Jedi or even those dresses up as Starfleet or Klingons from Star Trek.
    Well... Stargate is no exception! And there are some Stargate costuming groups that definitely need your support! Why should Star Wars and Star Trek fans have all the fun!?
    If you like it... LIVE IT!

Each of these costuming groups are devoted to positively strengthening the fandom and networking.

SG-Operations an SG-1, SGA and SGU cosplay and airsoft costuming group focusing around the human side, aka the Tau'ri. SG teams in the US and some around the world.

Tok'ra Resistance the good versions of the Goa'uld. Tips on the costumes, fan films and more.

Wraith Never Ending a networking site and costuming source group for fans of the Wraith from Stargate Atlantis.

Jaffa Legions Jaffa Kree! A costuming group for fans of the Jaffa.

Thus far, there is no costuming group established for the Ori, Goa'uld, Replicators, Asgard, or other aliens and human races from Atlantis. But... I highly encourage someone to establish one!
    Please... join and support the Stargate Costuming Groups. They positively support the Stargate Fandom and are perhaps the most visible at events.
    sigpic
    Queen of HIVE 2O ~ SGC Operations ~ Tok'ra Resistance ~ Jaffa Legions

I have to admit I do dress up as a member of the SGC.
    I have a complete off world ensemble. Minus a backpack.

And an SGC outfit can be reasonably priced to put together.
    Combat clothing can be purchased from Army surplus stores. Unit badges can be found on e-bay.
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I went hunting for Stargate cosplay pics, and I found a lot! People have made awesome, awesome costumes, and very close to the ones on the show!

I found a bunch here: http://www.tokraresistance.com/coppe...s.php?album=57

And then I grabbed some and put on my photobucket (the photographers said the pics were released to creative commons and could be downloaded): http://s238.photobucket.com/user/Ska...a%20cosplayers

A few samples

sigpic
      Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I love wearing my Stargate Atlantis uniform as well as other costumes (namely Teyla).
        sigpic

Comment

I'm trying to contact two guys who attended the Toronto Fan Expo in 2010 dressed up as soldiers in SG1. I took their photo, and want to use it in my book GREAT POWER AND GREAT RESPONSIBILTY, which is being published this year, but need their permission.

They were standing in front of display in the main exhibits hall, advertising another con.

One had a zat gun, the other a submachine gun. Both in green uniforms. Anyone have any ideas who they are?

Comment

I just found that there is a facebook group for Stargate cosplayers:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/101905666629991/
            sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Ahh that is so awesome!!!

Comment

Oh awesome! I've made some very basic SG jackets/costumes in the past.

For SG-1's and John Shephards BDU's I just brought the Green and black BDU shirt/jacket and sown patches on them. I have a custom SGA security jacket always had difficulty finding grey pants to go with it.

Great to see some SG cosplay
                sigpic

Comment

MFK 2015 - International Festival of Comics (Poland)

Photos from MFK not approved by my friond, Nero, to the public

Because I did not have a costume, I got in my paws on the camera.
                  Well, take a photo in the dark, in a crowd, where ever someone comes in cadres or they nudges you.
                  Fortunately invented something like the automatic settings, but due to the flash time to take a picture and capture the focus lengthened.
                  For this reason, some pictures are not of good quality... but what the hell

http://sta.sh/06gl51dj6wd

Comment

Guess who found a trenchcoat in her closet?

Guess who needs help finding a good trenchcoat design to tailor it to?

Yup, any suggestions would be great. Also, anywhere to get patches, especially custom ones.
                    Last edited by WraithRichard; 10 October 2018, 11:24 AM.
                    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Ok, i don't know if anyone posts on this anymore or will even read this but I NEED HELP! I have always dreamed of cosplaying stargate since i was 8 (i'm 27 now...) I have NO IDEA where to start in finding everything. Ideally i'd like to cosplay as Rodney McKay. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction as to how and where to obtain the items for this? So far the jacket has been the hardest one to find so yeah...HELP! Thank you!

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                      Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                      Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello Valaslonglostsister
                        Here is a guide that will help you make your costume

On the OFFICIAL WEBSITE of the GeekSF association.
                        And forum : Gateworld

The guide details some 18 different outfits visible in the Stargate franchise with:
                        - Exact items or certified copies making up the outfit
                        - Prices and addresses to purchase the items
                        - Valuable advice to avoid mistakes

Comment

This Halloween I dressed up as a Member of the Unknown SG-23, I orderd the SGSOC patch and Sewed 23 Over it, I really like Stargate and Im waiting for Homeland Command Ideas.

Comment

I’m working on putting together a green SG-1 BDU set. I found a vintage Dutch field shirt that’s not exact, but pretty close, and I found some fan-made patches on Etsy that I’m going to sew on the sleeves. I don’t think it will too difficult to find a pair of black combat boots or green cargo pants, as I’ve noticed they’ve been more in style lately.

Comment

Finished the jacket! Next mission: boots.
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X