Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what sort of things would the scientists employed by the Stargate program be doing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what sort of things would the scientists employed by the Stargate program be doing...

.... if they weren't employed by the Stargate program?

basically I'm asking what do "pretty good astrophysicists" like Dale Volker do in real life?

Theoretical work, contracts for JPL, etc, etc.

Comment

When Brody mentions Pegasus in the pilot, I imagine that he was working in Atlantis at some point.

Comment

that's still part of the Stargate program and defiantly not "real life"

Comment

I'm guessing they would get work at IT companies or find ways to get contract work or even start up their own research project/write thesis.
          Back from the grave.

Comment

Dr Rush was teaching when he was recruited to the Stargate program. Many teacher scientists also do research at universities. My uncle was a physicist and he worked in a think tank for the military doing top secret things. Really. Never really knew what he did. When we were kids we thought it was like being a spy. One thing I do know is that he said often they were not sure to what end their projects would lead. Part of security protocol, he often was not on the level to know what his project was for.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
              Dr Rush was teaching when he was recruited to the Stargate program. Many teacher scientists also do research at universities. My uncle was a physicist and he worked in a think tank for the military doing top secret things. Really. Never really knew what he did. When we were kids we thought it was like being a spy. One thing I do know is that he said often they were not sure to what end their projects would lead. Part of security protocol, he often was not on the level to know what his project was for.
              that's ironic you being a Stargate fan and all

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
                that's ironic you being a Stargate fan and all
                I hadn't thought about it, but now that you mention it, maybe why both my brother and I both love science fiction. And a good spy movie.
                sigpic

Comment

Most probably, weapons research and development.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

There are different researches, for eg now they are trying to create anti-matter in more efficient ways because right now some grams of anti-matter cost billions and it has great potential both as fuel and increase of velocity for aircraft (I'm talking about real life). But in the movie, mostly they're trying to understand how technology works so they can use it and re-create it.

Comment

Working...
                    X