Will there be another movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will there be another movie?

Will there be another movie at all for the any of the SG franchises?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

I have heard every answer to this question imaginable. It seems to depend on who you ask and how dedicated they are to the franchise. But I would love to know if anyone has heard anything official or promising recently. The last I heard was that all movie plans had been put on indefinite hiatus Which of course is a sad thought but realistically not all that surprising.
    sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
    Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
    GateCon Vancouver 2011
    Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Well I thought the Stargate franchise wasn't going to die mainly because they always find ways to make movies (such as the SGU movie that would of pleased people.) but since they can't find a way to do that... I don't know.

I do hope they start making movies again, that O'Neill one sounds interesting.
      Back from the grave.

Comment

While I long for another movie, I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
          Well I thought the Stargate franchise wasn't going to die mainly because they always find ways to make movies (such as the SGU movie that would of pleased people.) but since they can't find a way to do that... I don't know.

What is this O'Neill movie you speak of?

/personally, i want my SGU movie damnit!

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
            What is this O'Neill movie you speak of?

/personally, i want my SGU movie damnit!

It was to be the next SG-1 film. Centered on O'Neill.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
              While I long for another movie, I don't think it will happen anytime soon.
              I agree.
              Posting at.............
              http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                Will there be another movie at all for the any of the SG franchises?
                No. MGM was already selling and auctioning set pieces, props, costumes, and so on during SGU's production. When the show ended, EVERYTHING went for sale and auction. The movie scripts were shelved, if they even existed. It's over. There will not be any further movies from Brad Wright's take on Stargate.

Stargate (original movie)
                SG-1 (214 episodes)
                The Ark of Truth (1st SG-1 movie)
                Continuum (2nd SG-1 movie)
                Atlantis (100 episodes)
                Universe (40 episodes)

That's it, that's all there is.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                  No. MGM was already selling and auctioning set pieces, props, costumes, and so on during SGU's production. When the show ended, EVERYTHING went for sale and auction. The movie scripts were shelved, if they even existed. It's over. There will not be any further movies from Brad Wright's take on Stargate.

SG-1 (214 episodes)
                  Atlantis (100 episodes)
                  Universe (40 episodes)

BOO.... but not entirely unexpected. The fans just didn't get behind SGU enough to satisfy the money bags at MGM. I understand its a business for them but its sad none the less.
                  sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                  Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                  GateCon Vancouver 2011
                  Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

It had nothing to do with the fans, nothing at all. MGM went bankrupt, but the studio was able to survive this via entering Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Chapter 11 bankruptcy allows a business to reorganize and attempt to become profitable again so debts can be paid off. This is why everything was being sold and auctioned while SGU was still on the air. When SGU was cancelled, everything had to go. MGM, and whoever else that was involved, saw SGU's ratings in the toilet as a sign that people were no longer interested in new Stargate productions. That's why it's all over.

Fans are just a tiny fraction of the viewing audience. Viewers in other countries are also irrelevant, because it's the American television audience that the business relies on. The casual American viewers are what were going to keep the show on the air. The casual American viewer didn't care for SGU. Why? It deviated too far away from the core SG-1/Atlantis concept to the point where no one cared except for the fans. I have to say this: the show was too dark, another mark against it. With our economic recession and all of the turmoil in the world, do people really want to watch such a dark, depressing show? The concepts were fine. Ninth chevron gates to the Destiny, an ancient starship hundreds of galaxies away from Earth. They were suppose to evacuate to Earth, but Rush gated everyone to Destiny. OK, these concepts can work. The problem was that the show focused too much on being dark, edgy, emo, and so on. Where was the adventure, the humor? That's why people tune in!

Comment

Check my signature. Down there.
                      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post

SG-1 (214 episodes)
                        Atlantis (100 episodes)
                        Universe (40 episodes)

Wow just wow......

I wonder how much the full size gate prop sold for?
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post

Its "would have" or "would've" not "would of." Anyway...I've heard nothing of an SGU movie.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            I wonder how much the full size gate prop sold for?
                            They cut it up and sold or auctioned it off in sections.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              Its "would have" or "would've" not "would of." Anyway...I've heard nothing of an SGU movie.
                              I doubt they'll make an SGU movie...
                              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                              X