if ancients were alive...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if ancients were alive...

now, i don't know if this is a thread or not, i sertinly could't find it, but if there was no plauge, and they didn't assend anny way, what would the ancients be like now? for example, would they have profected the trinity gun/power creation device? would worm hole drives be standeed on all their ships?would they still be using drones? would naquadria have been perfected by them? Would desteny have been used? and most importanly, what would the stargates be like?
    please awnser these questions and anyother things you think the ancients ay have done.

Originally posted by Todd the prior View Post
    now, i don't know if this is a thread or not, i sertinly could't find it, but if there was no plauge, and they didn't assend anny way, what would the ancients be like now? for example, would they have profected the trinity gun/power creation device? would worm hole drives be standeed on all their ships?would they still be using drones? would naquadria have been perfected by them? Would desteny have been used? and most importanly, what would the stargates be like?
    please awnser these questions and anyother things you think the ancients ay have done.
    It's possible that the Arcturus device from Trinity might have been perfected. Given time, in a non wartime setting it's likely.
    Wormhole Drive tech was abandoned by the Ancients due to enormous power requirements, and instability according to Zelenka in EATG. It's very likely that Drones would still be in use. They left an outpost stocked with them on Earth, and continued to make use of them millions of years later against the Wraith. Naquadria wasn't an Ancient development, instead it was Goa'uld based on canon. Destiny's mission would still not be complete, so I doubt Ancients would be onboard today had they not ascended.

Comment

Well some stuff would be done, technology would be refined and there would be an expanded culture of Ancients but other then that, not much would change. It wouldn't be radically different from when the Ancients were alive but there would be more varied forms of technology that kept changing and changing and changing.
      Back from the grave.

Comment

No offence intended but I think you need to pay attention to your spelling and grammer.

Now if I understood what you wrote correctly you're basically saying you'd like to know what people think the Ancients would be like if they hadn't been suffering from the plague or if they hadn't ascended, basically if they'd remained in the Milky Way.
        TBH I doubt they'd have left the Milky Way, I guess they may have explored other galaxies, but I don't see a reason for them sending a city like Atlantis to Pegasus.

The reason why the Ancients begun researching tapping ZPE from the vacume of space was because they needed more power to fight the Wraith, though the whole process of using an Arcturus type power source couldn't be made to work, because it created exotic particles that can't be contained, they're actually uncontrollable so there's no reason to think they can be transported somewhere else, so there's no real reason to think this technology can function in a safe manner, because of this the Ancients wouldn't use it.

When it comes to wormhole drive tech I guess it could be improved, sensor tech can be improved, so maybe they'd have made it work.
        Stargates can be amped up with greater power sources, Milky Way and Pegasus gates can have ZPMs connected into them and with enough energy they can dial distances billions of light years away, but it's doubtful they'd need to be any different than what we've seen.

Any other advancements would be anyone's guess, but I doubt the galaxy would have had any Goauld being a threat, the Ancients would have defeated them easily, or a joint affair by the Asgard and Ancients would have prevented them from gaining a foothold, Replicators would have been stopped by Ancient technology, the Furlings may have been present, but since we don't know where or why they don't appear to be present in our galaxy or what their beliefs were it's not clear if they'd fight, I doubt the Nox would be fighting, unless something changed their beliefs many millenia ago.
        It's quite possible that it would be the Ancients who would be the dominant species of the galaxy and not our current evolution of Human life.

Comment

wow... I didn't even notice how bad the everything in that post was. wow...

Comment

[QUOTE=AlexanderD;13160647]Wormhole Drive tech was abandoned by the Ancients due to enormous power requirements, and instability according to Zelenka in EATG.

I'm confused, possibly mistaken too-I thought the expedition used Atlantis's unique wormhole drive to travel to the Milky Way so quickly.
            If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
            [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

they did, but it was "experimental" so i am wondering if it would have been perfected.

Comment

That they did, but Zelenka pointed out that it was something Rodney had been working on for some time. While it was used to return to Earth in the nick of time, it was nonetheless a system the Ancients gave up on.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
                  That they did, but Zelenka pointed out that it was something Rodney had been working on for some time. While it was used to return to Earth in the nick of time, it was nonetheless a system the Ancients gave up on.
                  They also said there was a 50/50 chance of it working. The other 50% would have been the city vaporizing.

But there would have been nothing stopping the Ancients from trying to get it working 100% in the 10,000 years they would have had if they hadn't died/ascended. Power requirements wouldn't have been that bad for a species that can create ZPMs, and certainly wouldn't be a problem if they got Arcturus working. They may not have succeeded in getting it working, but if they did there might not be stargates. If they could perfect the technology eventually maybe they could make portable wormhole generators. Maybe even small enough to be worn. They wouldn't really need stargates if they can make wormholes that open wherever they want and go to wherever they want.
                  sigpic

Comment

A wearable wormhole generator would need to have the ability to dematerialize and remterialize matter, or a personal shield to protect one from the radiation encountered in a wormhole.

Comment

Originally posted by Amelius View Post
                      They also said there was a 50/50 chance of it working. The other 50% would have been the city vaporizing.

But there would have been nothing stopping the Ancients from trying to get it working 100% in the 10,000 years they would have had if they hadn't died/ascended. Power requirements wouldn't have been that bad for a species that can create ZPMs, and certainly wouldn't be a problem if they got Arcturus working. They may not have succeeded in getting it working, but if they did there might not be stargates. If they could perfect the technology eventually maybe they could make portable wormhole generators. Maybe even small enough to be worn. They wouldn't really need stargates if they can make wormholes that open wherever they want and go to wherever they want.
                      I have to point out that it wasn't specified when wormhole drive was first developed or theorized by the Ancients, it certainly wasn't stated that a prototype was first made 10,000 years ago, while it is a possibility it would seem important to point out that research into the technology began during the war with the Wraith.
                      It's possible the Ancients theorized about a piece of propulsions tech like this not long after coming up with the first stargate, we know they had the power to make it work millions of years prior to Humans having a presence on the city.

BTW I'm not saying either wormhole drive tech being made 10,000 years ago or earlier is the truth, just like to point out that we don't know exactly when it was made, because it wasn't actually stated in the diologue of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Amelius View Post
                        They may not have succeeded in getting it working, but if they did there might not be stargates. If they could perfect the technology eventually maybe they could make portable wormhole generators. Maybe even small enough to be worn. They wouldn't really need stargates if they can make wormholes that open wherever they want and go to wherever they want.
                        @AlexanderD: I never said it would have happened. I was talking hypothetically. This whole thread is about a hypothetical situation where the Ancients didn't die/Ascend. It would be the next logical step if they ever got the Wormhole Drive working. If anyone could make it work, it's the Ancients, Ori or possibly the Asgard. And the Goa'uld had personal shields, as did the Ancients (the one that McKay used).

@Rise Of The Phoenix: I also didn't say that they invented it 10,000 years ago. All I said was that they would have had 10,000 more years to perfect the technology.
                        sigpic

Comment

a Stargate fanfic writer actually wrote a story hypothesizing this in a fanfiction.net story called The Terran Empire.
                          If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                          [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

[QUOTE=AlexanderD;13160647]Naquadria wasn't an Ancient development, instead it was Goa'uld based on canon. QUOTE]

you remind us of a good point to remember when considering naquadria tech--ya seems like at the very least they're the first race we know of who experimented with it; I wonder if the Orbanians got the idea from them

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
                            amazing how the Earthans are able to resolve failed Ancient experiments of such a high profile eh?

they did, but it was "experimental" so i am wondering if it would have been perfected.
                            hmmmm.....yeah I wonder

Comment

Perhaps the arturas project could not be perfected and what we saw the Ori use on their ships was only perfected cause of the assended ori lending their might.

Comment

Working...
                              X