X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Slice Girls (713)

Episode Synopsis :

Originally posted by TV Guide
    Sam and Dean investigate when bodies branded with a mysterious symbol turn up with their feet and hands severed; Dean meets a girl at a bar.
    Original Air Date : 02/03/2012
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

That was a pretty good Episode. Dean copes the best way he can while Sam still seems to hold a little grudge against him. I was actually waiting for Sam to give Dean a "Now we are even" when he shot her.

I think the writers of Supernatural are some of the best I have ever seen when it comes to the emotions of their Characters.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I suppose with a title like that it was always going to be a gory one.

That was some serious hack and slash in there and they had to go and splice those lovely scenes with Dean getting all loved up with the gruesome bits...gah! I really couldn't enjoy it but loved AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long” as it all played out... but...*shudders* This show really knows how to mess with our heads.

I now await the You Tube cut of the scene so I can watch Dean shirtless, without peering through my fingers.

So who's the daddy?

Dean's one night stand results in a baby. One that grows at a rapid rate and is fully grown in three days. When she visits Dean, for a brief moment she had me fooled and I thought she was wanting out of her destiny. Good thing Dean wasn't but he still found killing her difficult.

It's a pity that the preview clips were so obvious showing us where the ep was going to go.
      So when Sam turned up we knew he would shoot Emma. Then the boys had the inevitable talk about it later in the car.

I think Sam was a more than a bit freaked out as he saw Emma standing there with Dean looking a bit hesitant. I can understand why Sam had it out with Dean in the car. But as it turns out he wasn't so much pissed about the Amy thing as worried that Dean could have died.

Sam:Look..Dean..the thing is tonight..it almost got you killed. I don't care how you deal..I really, really don't. But just don't....don't get killed.

Dean: I'll do what I can...

~

So it's looking increasingly likely that Bobby's around... even though we're now told that his bones have been burned.

So if that's the case then it looks as if burning his bones has been over ridden by the Reaper. So is the flask a hint? Quite a bit was made of it. Sam made it pretty clear that they're both still feeling his loss. And I think Sam doesn't want Dean clinging to what he think is wishful thinking.

I have a feeling that it's taking Bobby time to get the hang of the being a ghost, so moving things in the physical world in his non-corporeal state is proving a bit tricky. But once he does get the hang of it...

Lots of other nice little moments:

So Sam's driving..that was twice in one ep. I suppose as it's not the Impala Dean doesn't care.

~

The professor (the Mayor from Buffy! ) poring over the Greek paper as Sam got more frustrated with him:

Professor: Where'd you get it?

Sam: Er...from a crazy drunk old genius..

Professor: They always have the good stuff.

~

Love Sam's reaction when Lydia cuts Dean off when he's talking to her on his phone.

All in all I liked it..even though there was a bit too much gore for me to enjoy it completely.
      sigpic

Comment

Really good episode. Both the wife and I really enjoyed this one.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Didn't have to wait long..

Here's Dean's scene minus the gore.....

sigpic

Comment

Enjoyable episode...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post

So it's looking increasingly likely that Bobby's around... even though we're now told that his bones have been burned.

So if that's the case then it looks as if burning his bones has been over ridden by the Reaper. So is the flask a hint? Quite a bit was made of it. Sam made it pretty clear that they're both still feeling his loss. And I think Sam doesn't want Dean clinging to what he think is wishful thinking.

I have a feeling that it's taking Bobby time to get the hang of the being a ghost, so moving things in the physical world in his non-corporeal state is proving a bit tricky. But once he does get the hang of it...
              I still think they are just messing with people. Don't see Bobby coming back. I mean it's possible, and they will find a work around to having burned the bones. They have before in Yellow Fever and then in the one ep where Sam went back to his old high school and the dad kept a locket of his son's hair. But I don't exactly want him back as a ghost. Maybe just temporarily.

Enjoyed the ep but yeah kinda went overboard with the gore.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

For this show, I didn't think that the gore was out of place at all.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I get that they like the gore (and the over-the-top way they present it) but sometimes I do think it's a bit too much.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Did you get what the girls had to eat? a piece of the guy that one killed?

Comment

Working...
                    X