Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate / Star Trek / Science Fiction meetup in Edinburgh

Hi all!

Not sure if this is appropriate, but I'm organising a science fiction get-together in Edinburgh in June 2012.

Called "Convergence", it's more of a get-together than a convention.

First off, the event is at the Radisson Blu Hotel in town and is an evening event (From 5pm onwards). The cost of entry is £20 for adults, £10 for kids. This price is not just for the cost of the venue, but also to enable us to hold a buffet for the attendees. Any excess made from this will go towards prizes for the costume contest, the quiz and if we can manage it, any guests we might have.

We will have auctions, raffles, the whole shebang! The whole aim is to meet people in a friendly environment, get to know each other, fight over auctions and just have a good time.

As a wee side note: the raffles, auctions and any other money raised will go to charity. This year, it will be split between ChildLine and MacMillan Cancer Support.

More details about the event and hotels/hostels nearby and up-to-date news and announcements can be found here:

Convergence Facebook Event Page

I don't expect everyone to go, but c'mon - how often do we actually get to meet each other? And it'll be fun!

Good guy, Bad guy.....
    I'm the one with the gun.
Working...
X