Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't the majority of my posts counted?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why isn't the majority of my posts counted?

For example, the forum counts that I have 60 posts but a search I did on myself shows I really have 98. What's going on, are there certain forums that are excluded from being counted as posts or do you have different criteria for what counts as a post or not?
    Back from the grave.

The off-topic forums don't count.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
      that gets me a lot
      sigpic
      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

As has been said by maneth.

Posting in the off topic forums doesn't count towards your total.
        It got me at first.
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
          Out of curiosity which forums are counted as off topic? Obviously Off-Topic Chatter but are others like General Television "off topic" as well?

Comment

Because, since people get rewards like larger PM boxes, access to more avatars, etc, it was felt that those 'perks' should be earned by 'real' discussion, not just folks 'spamming' their post count by playing games.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thirty-eight out of ninety-eight isn't the majority...
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

i wondered about this too. does ot boards mean just the games and such, or does sanctuary count as ot?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                  Out of curiosity which forums are counted as off topic? Obviously Off-Topic Chatter but are others like General Television "off topic" as well?
                  I believe it's just OT.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Only the OT section doesn't count.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      Because, since people get rewards like larger PM boxes, access to more avatars, etc, it was felt that those 'perks' should be earned by 'real' discussion, not just folks 'spamming' their post count by playing games.
                      To be fair, the off topic section does contain some real discussion. In my opinion, I feel like the way to solve the problem may be to move the gamey threads to a seperate off-topic forum games forum. (Oddly enough, "Forum Games" does count for posts, and that mainly consists of the games you were talking about.)
                      Back from the grave.

Comment

"Why aren't"...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
                          To be fair, the off topic section does contain some real discussion. In my opinion, I feel like the way to solve the problem may be to move the gamey threads to a seperate off-topic forum games forum. (Oddly enough, "Forum Games" does count for posts, and that mainly consists of the games you were talking about.)
                          That was a compromise. Because, if Darren had his way, the games wouldn't count either....but in facing tens of thousands of posts going 'away' they were left as is.

I doubt things are going to change. Honestly our database is too large and spread out that any sort of movement like this would likely freak it out.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            That was a compromise. Because, if Darren had his way, the games wouldn't count either....but in facing tens of thousands of posts going 'away' they were left as is.

I doubt things are going to change. Honestly our database is too large and spread out that any sort of movement like this would likely freak it out.
                            From an IT standpoint I completely understand. Although having posts in threads that discuss world affairs not be counted does bother me...

Seems to me it ought to be a matter of being able to flag specific threads, sort of a toggle-switch option on the database side. But there I go trying to think like a programmer...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                            sigpic
                            now also appearing on DeviantArt
                            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Yeah, we're at the mercy of what VB does/doesn't allow. And since the 'go to last post read' has been broken for months I'm not holding out much hope

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X