This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No doctor who until November 2012

Anyone waiting for April to come, so they can start watching doctor who is going to be in for a longer wait according to http://www.sylvestermccoy.com/newdoctorwho/
    Here's a snip of the article
    'What we know:
    From 2012 The Doctor Who series will start every year around the beginning of winter.
    Amy and Rory will leave around mid season and the Doctor will get a new companion.
    In the Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe, the Doctor was encouraged to search out his friends. He went to see Amy and Rory. As he needs to keep a low profile, he might as well go and meet some other old friends.'
    Anyone else gutted about this extended wait?

I thought we already knew this?

Comment

Obviously not all of us.... (like myself)

Comment

I didn't have a clue. That's forever to wait!
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Nah! It'll be here before you know it, time flies.
          sigpic
          Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Great gives me time to watch it, never watched it before, gonna get this for my birthday the complete four season set but not before September sadly
            sigpic

Comment

Apparently we're going to find the doctors name in 2012/13!!!!! I have a feeling his names going to be something like 'Ben' though!

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                I thought we already knew this?
                Yeah I'm pretty sure this came out early December, if not back into November.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I think whoever wrote the article is exaggerating somewhat. All places I go are saying Doctor Who will start again in the autumn.

My personal guess is that it will start some time in September. Then they have time to get in 13 episodes and get the DVD/toys etc out & ready for the all important Christmas market.

Edit - Also we will never find out the Doctor's name. Steven Moffat has gone on record saying he won't reveal it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                    I think whoever wrote the article is exaggerating somewhat. All places I go are saying Doctor Who will start again in the autumn.

Edit - Also we will never find out the Doctor's name. Steven Moffat has gone on record saying he won't reveal it.
                    Tbh, I'm just going off thing I'm reading on different sites. Sylvestermccoy.com does make some daft predictions some times, but some of the stuff it comes out with does come true.

Comment

Even if it is September, time stretches out until eternity. It seldom flies for me. It's forever!
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Next season will focus on who the Doctor is... which is not necessarily defined by his name, but rather just his history...

There is plenty of talk that 2012 will NOT see a full 13/14 episodes, but that we will only get another half series for 2012, then the second "half" in 2013... and that will culminate in the 50th Anniversary Story, in November...

Thus the break used mid season in 2011, to prepare the audience for this shorter-per-year season...

If I recall, the end of the Christmas Special did not include a "Doctor Who will Return in X"? Fact is, we probably wont know anything for sure, until a few months before it happens... at best.
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                          There is plenty of talk that 2012 will NOT see a full 13/14 episodes, but that we will only get another half series for 2012, then the second "half" in 2013... and that will culminate in the 50th Anniversary Story, in November...

Thus the break used mid season in 2011, to prepare the audience for this shorter-per-year season...

If I recall, the end of the Christmas Special did not include a "Doctor Who will Return in X"? Fact is, we probably wont know anything for sure, until a few months before it happens... at best.
                          But most of the "talk" is a load of rubbish. Remember a couple of years ago when the talk was that there was going to be a movie with Johnny Depp playing the Doctor?

Anyway, I've had a rummage in my DWMs and found these snippets -

"DWM spoke to Doctor Who's showrunner Steven Moffat about the scheduling of the episodes, and the programmes' long-term future.

"Doctor Who's future is absolutely secure at the BBC, and in fact there's more than we've even told you about so far," Steven tells us.. "And as for scheduling - we're not being vague, we're being secret. Doctor Who is, and remains, a major weapon in the BBC's arsenal - we don't tell the opposition when it's going to be deployed. The only thing you should read into that, is that we're not idiots."

And from Steven Moffat's Production Notes -

"It was funny though, that I could suddenly see it all so clearly, just because I was cold. Everything's seasonal - even television - and that leads me to a confession: Doctor Who in the summer? All that running down tunnels, with torches, and the sunlight streaming through your windows and bleaching out the screen? All those barbecues, and children playing outside, while on the telly there are green monsters seething in their CGI enhanced lairs? It's just not right is it? Be honest. For me, as a kid, when the afternoons got darker and there was a thrill of cold in the air, I knew that even though summer was over, the TARDIS was coming back! So yes, that's part of the plan, that's part of the readon for this little delay. But it's not the whole story. (...)

A big old anniversary is coming for all of us, isn't it? Be assured the planning has already started. Very soon now, Doctor Who is going to enter production for the longest sustained period we've ever attempted, and the biggest and best and maddest time ever to be a fan of this wonderful old show is rumbling towards us. And yes, you got me. We needed a little more time to prepare for everything we've got planned. That, above all, is why we needed this little gap. Just be a tiny bit patient, and trust me, we'll make it up to you."

Comment

Oooooo, thanks for that Blencathra! Very interesting!

Comment

You're welcome.

Here's a bit more from an interview with Steven Moffat in The Brilliant Book of Doctor Who.

Is this a bad time to ask what plans you have for Doctor Who's 50th anniversary in 2013?

[Laughs] Right now I can give you one word: scale.

Can't you give us some more words? Oh, go on...

Epic, huge, massive, indulgent... all your treats at once. The BBC is committed to the 50th anniversary, everyone is committed to it... and I guarantee you it's going to be the best year ever to be a Doctor Who fan. We're going to be in production for longer than ever, just to do everything that we intend to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X