• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enemy of My Enemy (409)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON FOUR
    ENEMY OF MY ENEMY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 409

The other universe comes face-to-face with Robert David Jones, who uses his inside connections to acquire intel for a more long-term plan.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 15 April 2015, 01:02 PM.

Another terrific episode today. Great episode, great reveal at the end.

So would that be Nina from Over Here or Over There? I'm inclined to think she's the one from our side, but that's just gut reaction, I have nothing to substantiate it.

And it seems that The Prophet was right, for exactly the right reasons in last week's thread. Good eye, and good reasoning
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I wonder if Peter is going to decide to stay in this timeline in the end ? It seems like it would be a happier place once all is said & done & everybody is getting used to having him there & there he can get along with both Walters & mom at least

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Another terrific episode today. Great episode, great reveal at the end.

So would that be Nina from Over Here or Over There? I'm inclined to think she's the one from our side, but that's just gut reaction, I have nothing to substantiate it.

And it seems that The Prophet was right, for exactly the right reasons in last week's thread. Good eye, and good reasoning
        I may be wrong, but isnt there just one Nina Sharp? I cant remember us ever being introduced to her counterpart but rather to William Bell on the other side. Makes me wonder now if Nina has always been on the wrong side or if its just the Timechanges that affected her.

I remain that it would be great to see Bell again and since he is just as intelligent as Walter he can be of Help in bringing Peter back to the correct Timeline.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I don't believe we've ever met her counterpart, no. With Over There's William Bell dead young and of no consequence, Massive Dynamic never happened so she's a nobody over there--if she's alive at all.

That line of thought is what made me wonder. Being from Over Here, Mr Jones might be aware of who Nina is and what she's capable of and recruited her Over There.

But, I still think it'll be more interesting if it's our Nina
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

My gut says it's our Nina, simply because we've never met her over-there counterpart..... but my brain is awash with a ton of theories.....

Since the Timeline reset, have we seen anybody use the typewriter-and-mirror-inter-universe-communication-thingy err thing?

If we have, then that's our Nina.
            If we have not, then perhaps that's AltNina, and the ancient 1984 PC is the new "inter-universe-communication-thingy".

Which if the latter is true, and they can as we've seen easily cross-over with Jone's devices, begs the question, which Nina was it we saw at the end of Wallflower(?), was it really our Nina, or was it AltNina?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
              My gut says it's our Nina, simply because we've never met her over-there counterpart..... but my brain is awash with a ton of theories.....

Since the Timeline reset, have we seen anybody use the typewriter-and-mirror-inter-universe-communication-thingy err thing?

If we have, then that's our Nina.
              If we have not, then perhaps that's AltNina, and the ancient 1984 PC is the new "inter-universe-communication-thingy".

Which if the latter is true, and they can as we've seen easily cross-over with Jone's devices, begs the question, which Nina was it we saw at the end of Wallflower(?), was it really our Nina, or was it AltNina?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
              How about our Nina got replaced by AltNina? That would make a fun twist and explain why this one seems Evil.

About the Computers, they could have been created when Peter united the Universes and both roomversions joined including Computers and other equipment. They got quantum entangled or however its called.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

A real shocker seeing that Nina is behind all this shapeshifter business! Just when you think you know what is going on something like this turns up! Also, how long will it take them to realise that alternate Broyles is a shapeshifter, that was a devastating revelation too as we watched him watch Mr Jones escaping in the car!

Walternate's wife crossing over to visit 'our' Walter and forgiving him for taking her Peter was a touching moment.

It was great seeing all the doubles coming together at the table in the midway point joining the two universes, joined in the common task now of fighting the shapeshifter threat. Peter is so tragically alone and apart from everything, it was wonderfully emphasised in that scene as he sat at the head of the table. Walter turning up at his old house where Peter is currently staying was a lovely moment between the two, love how Peter connects more to this Walter still, rather than Walternate.

I really hope Peter finds and gets back to his old life, but I'm also wondering that it might mean that's when Olivia dies as foretold by the dying 'Observer'.

I love this show, there's so much to throw you off balance, nothing is ever as it seems and it's fun theorising about it all.

Comment

Another great episode. I am very happy that I get to watch it again tomorrow, this time with my wife. I think she will really enjoy it.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                    How about our Nina got replaced by AltNina? That would make a fun twist and explain why this one seems Evil.
                    Haha indeed, that would be a serious twist...

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                    I really hope Peter finds and gets back to his old life, but I'm also wondering that it might mean that's when Olivia dies as foretold by the dying 'Observer'.
                    I wondered whether that referenced what Walternate did in the final "future" episode last season, the quarry, or like you something else....

Comment

Excellent episode. I was surprised that Olivia didn't make it to the other side. Oh well. I was also surprised to see Nina at the end. I wonder what twisting road this new revelation will take us on?
                      sigpic

Comment

Just got around to watching this episode and all I can say is that I LOVE THIS SHOW! I'm trying not to speculate or guess at what's been going on...I'm just sittin back and enjoying the story otherwise I think my brain will just spin right out of my head!

Nina at the end was a definite surprise!! Just when you think you have things figured out a new twist is revealed.

Comment

Working...
                        X