Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying for cable is something I have no problem with, as local TV rarely has anything of interest. Just my opinion though.

Comment

Sincerely, G., don't you recognize that SGU was the culmination of those writers' work, that they wanted to take it to a further level? As someone who could write, this is so obvious to me - even after one episode of SGU. It is emphatically NOT a disapproval of the first two. BW has said he loves Atl monumetally and he should.

Comment

I can answer that... Local TV is free TV available to the public that requires no charge, cable TV is TV you pay for (including the free local channels.), while a portion of the money you pay goes into the cable channels, it doesn't go towards the shows themselves, subscription TV is something you pay a monthly fee for in addition to your cable bill (like HBO or Showtime, which often helps to supports the original edgy programming those networks produced.). The pay-TV method works for those series that air on HBO and Showtime but paying your cable bill doesn't help your favorite shows stay on the air, just the channel.

As with every other show, showing your support by emailing the network, buying the products in the ads, showing the companies you bought their products because of that TV show, organizing movements is the only way you can help your favorite show survive if you don't have a Neilsen box; while I admit Neilsen is to entrenched in whether or not a show survives, your money also speaks when it comes to your shows. Networks listen to people with money and since these series are produced to entertain people and earn money for whatever network it airs on, why not show the support and give them the money for the stuff they produce and the shows they air?
        Back from the grave.

Comment

SGU is on regular channels in US? Not in my area. Yes, I am in US. East coast of it. SGU is only around on cable channels here. You must be one lucky happy dude to get it in syndication. That however is not really supporting the show and helping the ratings. You would have needed to watch it live, preferably before it was cancelled to do that. Waiting till it is free will kill a show. TPTB need to make a profit or the show will always go.

I sure hope none of Nielson families try to do that.
          Posting at.............
          http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

On the west coast it can only be seen on SyFy, or on Netflix.

Comment

I looked it up, I think that it is only in choice cities. Mine and yours appear not to be.
              Posting at.............

Comment

I'm amazed that a show lasting two seasons was syndicated at all.

Comment

I was thinking same thing. That is why I looked it up. They must have gotten it cheap.
                  Posting at.............

Comment

Money talks as they say.

Comment

Well, I got some news for you
                      And you'll soon find out it's true.
                      -The Eagles, "Already Gone"

See http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...a-ricci-287622 jelgate was spouting off, which accounts for why they have 30k posts, and they hurt me. If I'm wrong, they can cite a source. I bet they'll be incommunicado.

Graybrew1 and AlexanderD, SGU was immediately syndicated in the line of Stargate shows, several months after its premiere on Syfy. Simple. G.1, I watched all the shows that way. Someone has to justify the reairings.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
                        Well, I got some news for you
                        And you'll soon find out it's true.
                        -The Eagles, "Already Gone"

See http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...a-ricci-287622 jelgate was spouting off, which accounts for why they have 30k posts, and they hurt me. If I'm wrong, they can cite a source. I bet they'll be incommunicado.

Graybrew1 and AlexanderD, SGU was immediately syndicated in the line of Stargate shows, several months after its premiere on Syfy. Simple. G.1, I watched all the shows that way. Someone has to justify the reairings.
                        I honestly was not aware of that.

Comment

I am not sorry that they snydicated it. I am just surprised. They lost million on the original airing of it, so it makes sense to assume that others would not wish to risk it.

It is also not available where I am at, so that is why I was surprised.
                          Posting at.............

Comment

The stations could have bought it as part of a package, perhaps? I think I remember Sky explaining how syndication works quite awhile ago, but don't remember which thread. I don't think it's necessary that it be a big viewer attraction for there to be reasons to air it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Buy the DVD thats what i did and now i own all 17 years and 4 movies
                              sigpic
                              Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Working...
                              X