This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Is Now Syndicating SGU?

MGM or Syfy? Do you have a number for Syfy?

I finally found Darren's article on S.2. Eps. 201-204 never aired in Orlando. May I watch them free on-line anywhere? Watch, not download. Understand, I will NEVER pay for television. Period. The schedule sequence is moronic for someone trying to watch in order, given only 20 episodes.
    Last edited by Diogenes; 15 January 2012, 08:32 PM. Reason: Update

My guess would be no, you can't, not legally anyway. If you're not paying for anything, you don't have any 'right' to.

Comment

Technically every time you watch something is is a download. Anyway all the legal sources for SGU online require a payment. What you could do is sign up for Netflix's 1 month free trial and then you have 30 days to watch SGU but after that they will want you to pay
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Neflix streams the entire two seasons.

Comment

hulu might have it too. but if not definitely do netflix
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the three replies. KEK, I need better than a guess. I don't want to wait another year, nor will I, I promise. I don't understand your thrust; I watch "Terra Nova" and "Pan Am" (effects by a Stargate-related entity?) plus many news shows on-line. Watching IS free. I don't acquire copies, jelgate, but I get what you mean, technically, but the download is transistory, right? In my view this is a screwup by the syndicator. MGM was effectively backrupt, and syfy someone's stepchild. They should want me to watch, ads included; ads are great; they should e-mail me their precious, highly lucrative 201-204 and congratulate me for loving a series that was shown the door. You know, when any purported fan comes off as a mercantilist, it will always put me off; take up for your own; companies can console themselves with their financials. Again, who's the syndicator? (blueray, you posted while I was. I've never watched Hulu; anyone know?).
            Last edited by Diogenes; 16 January 2012, 01:18 PM. Reason: Typo then update

Comment

Hulu has at least some of the episode streaming free. See if the ones you want among those

Comment

Short version: can someone please answer my question?

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
                  I don't think you can catch the four episodes online for free; there was a time when they were being offered but I'm guessing that's gone now. The syndication behind the show airs most of the episodes (the station it airs on where I live is KCAL 9.) so you could try to see if they repeat those four episodes despite the late night schedule.

As for your question, I'm assuming MGM since they own the rights to the show and still own a TV distribution department that's still up and running. Syfy is a cable channel of NBC Universal that just has the rights to air the show, not distribute it.
                  Back from the grave.

Comment

The majority of networks will not syndicate SGU because its just not profitable
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Thank you for all the replies, which I read timely. The syndicator remains MGM for all three shows; I spoke with them today. ashimon, Hulu has 216-220 constantly; I've written Hulu to advise this is unproductive. I need 201-204 first, which never aired locally due to commercial foolishness. jelgate, if it comes down to it I'll beg my Netflix neighbor to get the first disc for me. Does it have all four episodes, if anyone has that dvd? But I won't waste my one free trial on righting station stupidity, blueray. jelgate, what month did you add that signature? If Everett turns out to be okay in the end, I will publicly acknowledge to you. I say he's unfit to command for threatening to take Camile Wray out of that lottery for mighty little cause (before she had turned against him). Networks wouldn't syndicate; independents like Sony and Tribune syndicate, for the most part
                      ________Both "Terra Nova" and "Pan Am" are blockbusters; I recommend them highly and David Bianculli can stifle himself.

Comment

Pan Am a blockbuster? Excuse me while I go laugh for a few hours
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I know some ways you can "legitimately" watch SGU.
                          1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
                          5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
                          6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:1-6

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
                            I am watching it in syndication. It shows every Saturday afternoon right after SGA in my area!
                            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

jelgate, see Mr. Nietzsche about everything being subjective. "Pan Am" reproduces the ethos of that time, a better one, rather than clumsily grafting ours retroactively like jerks would. I grew up walking past the construction site of the Pan Am Building weekly, which I say was not completed until 1964 at the earliest. Watching that show is like coming home in so many ways. Always consider others haven't viewed what you have on tv so their perspective will differ. What happened to your green? While you're laughing, I'd let you flip on my copy of "Mr. Sardonicus" recorded imprint-free from Antenna Tv.

Rawtheran, glad you replied. As a student of Christianity I focused on John 14: 1-4 in my work on an afterlife, and I hold Jesus was only speaking to his disciples therein. Are you going to p-m me about SGU?
                              Last edited by Diogenes; 08 February 2012, 05:33 PM. Reason: omission

Comment

Working...
                              X