Ark of Truth: Too easy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ark of Truth: Too easy?

Did you find the Ark of Truth too easy to defeat the Ori? The movie boils down to finding a big, metal box. Open it up, and a blinding light beam of truth instantly tells you that the Ori are false gods. That seems a bit unimaginative, no? Don't get me wrong, I like the movie, but this just seemed too easy a defeat after everything they'd been through in the series.

Everything in SG1 became too easy towards the end. The Ark was just the latest in quick fixes to help close off the story. It was a bit unimaginative, but it was excellently done. I still enjoy the scene with the Doci being exposed and the other Priors being fed the truth. Music was great.

sigpic

Comment

Easy perhaps, but it was also very satisfying in a weird way. Still, it won't be quite so easy for those millions if not billions of people who had lived and died to serve the Ori, and realize that it was all a lie.
      sigpic

Comment

Unimaginative maybe, but I can't say I saw the end coming despite the movie's title.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          Everything in SG1 became too easy towards the end. The Ark was just the latest in quick fixes to help close off the story. It was a bit unimaginative, but it was excellently done. I still enjoy the scene with the Doci being exposed and the other Priors being fed the truth. Music was great.
          I can accept super weapons and technology so advanced, it borders on cartoony. It's Stargate SG-1, it was always an equal mix of drama and humor. However, the magical truth box... eh... for me, that was going too far, even for SG-1.

Comment

If it had been pursued over the course of a whole season rather than what is essentially 2 episodes, would you have thought better of it?
            sigpic

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                I completely agree...it was very easy towards the end and the music is amazing

Comment

A genuine deus ex machina solution, but the execution was better than most such.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                    If it had been pursued over the course of a whole season rather than what is essentially 2 episodes, would you have thought better of it?
                    They did that with Merlin's weapon, the third of four Ancient super weapons to save the planet and they didn't even bother to tell us whether or not it worked until Ark of Truth took place. All the build up and then it fizzled at the end.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Season 7-onward or so it became too easy. They just put their shirts and pants on, took the vest and P-90 and went through. In Season 1, it was a lot more dangerous to go through the gate.
                      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

what i find terribly hard to believe is that the ancients have not one but TWO cut-out solutions to the Ori problem. previously, Stargate was mostly about mangling alien tech to do stuff it should not to solve things they normally could not. Dakara was a powerful tool (probably used for terraforming), modified into a weapon and expanded with the stargate. plenty of solutions came that way.

both the Ark AND the Sangraal were pieces of technology specifically designed to defeat the Ori. and what's worse: what the Ark can, any goauld brainwash tech can. just not in a neat flash.

i think it all would have been a lot better if the Sangraal actually was the Ark (so Merlin devised a weapon to mass-brainwash people and piggyback the Prior connection), and the Sangraal simply didn't exist.

Comment

How come the Ancients always screw up and the humans have to clear up their mess while the Ancients conveniently are ascended and have non-interference rules.

Did you guys like those black uniforms they had in Season 10?

What I really simply loved from the Ark movie was James Marrick, awesome guy. He reminds me of the NID.

Did anyone else notice that the NID stop interfering with SG business shortly after the IOA(simply a legal and bureucratic and safer version of NID) came in.
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

the rogue NID became the Trust
                            sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

i just watched the movie 5 minutes ago and i reckon it was so easy to defeat the Ori that the film was more about defeating the Replicators
                              sigpic
                              Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Working...
                              X