JAG Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JAG Discussion/Appreciation

So I couldn't find a thread for this show, but seeing as how it's enormously popular spinoff has its own thread, I don't see why this one shouldn't (though the show has been cancelled for going on seven years).

I for one grew up watching the show. I watched re-runs of it and Walker, Texas Ranger on USA for years, and for the last season watched it on CBS. I was sad when it ended, but it had an amazing run of 227 episodes spanning 10 seasons. For a show that had been cancelled during it's first season before being saved, that's not bad.

Any other fans of this old, perhaps cheesey, but classic show?
    Last edited by Gen. Chris; 12 January 2012, 11:29 AM.
    sigpic

I loved JAG.

I think I watched every episode I could in whatever channel/language would broadcast it
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

I used to love JAG but I think I never got any further than season 7 or 8. By that time the show wasn't airing here or maybe it changed channels, I don't know but my interest already started to wane.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I remove the season finale where Bud lost his leg. I hated waiting that summer. And I bet NBC hates themselves for cancelling it in S1 only to have CBS take over for it to continues for 9 more seasons and two very sucessful spinoffs
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I loved this show too, but I was a little disappointed at the ending.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
            .....(though the show has been cancelled for going on seven years).
            Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            And I bet NBC hates themselves for cancelling it in S1 only to have CBS take over for it to continues for 9 more seasons and two very sucessful spinoffs
            It was cancelled in the first season? Really? Did not know about it. But what where the responsible people thinking? And you're sure it was first aired on NBC? Don't you mean Syfy?

Back to topic, I remember how I hated the NCIS (especially Gibbs) when they came to investigate Harm and now I just love them ...... how things can change
            Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Yes. I am sure. It did poorly on NBC. Why it did better on CBS I have no idea
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes. I am sure. It did poorly on NBC. Why it did better on CBS I have no idea
                I guess it just needed a second season to catch on.
                sigpic

Comment

You have to give shows some kind of chance when they first start. It seems to me that these days if the show doesn't do as well as expected in the first few eps it's in real danger of being cancelled. Sheesh, I'm surprised that we have any new shows on these days
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    You have to give shows some kind of chance when they first start. It seems to me that these days if the show doesn't do as well as expected in the first few eps it's in real danger of being cancelled. Sheesh, I'm surprised that we have any new shows on these days
                    Its always been like that
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I loved JAG when it was on, I have all the dvds now.
                      sigpic

Comment

Its always been like that
                        I hadn't noticed before. Maybe being hooked up to the internet makes it more apparent than it otherwise would be. I mean if it wasn't for the net I wouldn't even know about most of these new shows.
                        sigpic

Comment

Just bought the second season online.

Btw, for anyone interested, the complete series is available on Amazon for $180. It isn't like a regular complete series set...It's all the individual seasons bundled together. For 10 seasons, 227 episodes, and ~10,000 minutes, that's a good deal.
                          sigpic

Comment

JAG was great! I've seen all the seasons. Didn't so much as like the ending of the show, but the series evolved quite well throughout the seasons.

I actually didn't realise it went for 10 seasons until I read it above. I know it was on our television for a while but great to see that they got 10 seasons. The stories were always solid. I really like Meg before she was written out and replaced with Mac. Don't get me wrong, Mac was awesome, but there was something about the interaction with Meg and Harm that I preferred. Mac's constant Gung-ho attitude, I thought was a little over the top at times.

Comment

I forgot about this thread....And I have forgotten that I need to watch this show
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X