Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its hard to believe it got such a negative feedback. I really missed the boat with this one, I JUST got into it this month even....found it on Netflix and then plowed through the entire series in two weeks.

That’s really too bad. Was thinking about working on a webcomic to continue things with my husband. Does anyone know the policy for fan made works when it comes to Stargate?
    sigpic

Comment

While i say no, i hope yes.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        I wasn't alive when Star Trek was in its original run, but yes...it stayed around. It took 10 years for the first movie to come out and almost 20 years to see it on TV again. I don't say that Stargate is "gone" per se, but there won't be a third season of SGU and when Stargate does come back...it will be revamped.
        Star Trek was only brought back after 10 years because Paramount wanted to cash in on the success of Star Wars at the box office and rather then create a brand new sci-fi movie they dug into their archives and decided to retool a moderately successful sci-fi setting they already owned.
        If Star Wars had bombed then Star Trek would just be a short lived show from the 60s.

The sad reality is that at the moment there is no market for sci-fi "space travel" shows, the only offerings in the genre around are the upcoming rebooted Star Trek sequel and the constant re-releasing of Star Wars, both of which are established products the success of which do not indicate a market for new products in the genre.
        If in the future something comes along that is a massive success and revives the space genre, then yes I would completely expect MGM to dust off the Stargate name in order to compete with other studios. But it would most likely be nothing like the Stargate we know.

Comment

Well, fortunately for me, from Star Trek I've seen the first seasons of TNG and VOY, some TOS eps, the movies, all of Enterprise, all of TAS and a semi-fan movie(Of Gods and Men) so I can watch Voyager. If I end Voyager and Stargate hasn't shown up yet, I'll watch Infinity(yes I know how bad it is, just tell me again how bad it is). If Stargate will never show up, I'll rewatch everything.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I know this is changing the subject but does anyone have an MP3 of the communication stone sound effects?

Comment

Another set of fuel to the fire

found this yesterday. Wasn't sure if anyone here has seen this. This just quenches my thirst for now. Still bittersweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdPCM0hlz5Q

Comment

Working...
              X