Time Passage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Passage

I've been trying to find out the answer to this and have yet to do so. Last night I was reading the transcript to Gauntlet and in it Rush makes a comment to Eli about having discovered him a year ago. Now the show was on for 2 seasons so my question is was there an error in the dialogue continuity here or were the 2 seasons actually just a single year of time?

Originally posted by Orrymain View Post
    I've been trying to find out the answer to this and have yet to do so. Last night I was reading the transcript to Gauntlet and in it Rush makes a comment to Eli about having discovered him a year ago. Now the show was on for 2 seasons so my question is was there an error in the dialogue continuity here or were the 2 seasons actually just a single year of time?
    All took place in an in show span of one year.

Comment

No error like BSG we saw the story tell its self on a near weekly bases
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

yeah but there was some time from the last episode of atlantis to the premiere of sgu
        sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

I loved SGU, but one of my problems with it was sometimes it was hard to tell how much time was passing. For example, In "The Greater Good" Young beats the crap out of Rush, then when they are back on the ship, there's Rush all smiles visiting Mandy. Now he's looking better, hair clean and shiny, so a shower had to have been taken, clothes must have been washed(one can hope), so was it later that day, the next day? Surely someone taking a beating such as that would need some rest.
          And we see Rush often working alone at night or whenever, it's hard to tell how much time passes in each episode.
          I was always wondering how long they were on the ship total, as well.
          sigpic

Comment

I was always disappointed that their clothing never got raggedy, the fat guys Volker, Brody and Eli never lost any weight, the ladies' makeup never ran out and everybody kept their hair cut and their faces clean shaven, even the civilians.

It would have been very realistic and cool to watch the cast become ever more disheveled over time. Those uniforms, worn every day, would have been in tatters after a year of continuous wear. The ammunition should have run out before the end of season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Jump237 View Post
              I was always disappointed that their clothing never got raggedy, the fat guys Volker, Brody and Eli never lost any weight, the ladies' makeup never ran out and everybody kept their hair cut and their faces clean shaven, even the civilians.

It would have been very realistic and cool to watch the cast become ever more disheveled over time. Those uniforms, worn every day, would have been in tatters after a year of continuous wear. The ammunition should have run out before the end of season 1.
              David Blue lost loads of weight.

Comment

Yeah....no error.

Actually while the show was on, I tried to keep close tabs on dialogue relating to how long they'd been there and they were remarkably consistent right up till the very end. Interpreting 'x days' dialogue literally, assuming 7 days between episodes unless otherwise stated or very clearly implied, and permitting a little wiggle room at Faith and Sabotage, it works out almost exactly to a year from Air to Gauntlet.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Jump237 View Post

Hair did grow, Rush right away, and the others over time. And KEK is right, David Blue lost a lot of weight, he's a big guy and could have lost more, so was not noticeable right away. If you compare the first few episodes to the last few, you can really see the difference. I was thinking Robert Carlyle must have been itching for hair cut by the end!

click for larger images
                  sigpic

Comment

The ammunition should have run out before the end of season 1.
                    why? they didn't exactly use a whole lot of ammo in the first season. remember that a whole lot of shooting happened in Time, and that was practically all undone.

Comment

Working...
                    X