Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has BBC been planning, plotting, and possibly scheming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has BBC been planning, plotting, and possibly scheming?

Has anyone ever noticed that part of The Doctor's ramble at the end of "Blink"?

"Yeah, I'm a time-traveller. Things don't happen to me in the right order. It gets a bit confusing. Especially weddings. My wedding in particular"

Then he goes on for a bit about a thing. Well, 4 things. Well, 4 things and a lizard

And then he meets River Song. I'd say his mariage to her was VERY confusing for him.
    So has BBC had the whole "River Song" story prototyped by "Blink" ?
    Maybe the refferance was on purpose...It's a big conspiracy.
    He can speak Asgard in Ancient. He sees Ree'tu but not Jaffa. He worships the Ori, yet is friends with the Ancients. He can feed on Replicators. He writes Stargate Fan non-fiction. He understands Carter's, McKay's, and Rush's technobable. He has ascended more times than Dr.Jackson. He is the most INTERESTING man in the universe. "I don't often drink, but when I do, I prefer Wraith Enzyme."

As if Doctor Who isn't already complicated enough.
    sigpic
    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

The Doctor never knew River Song during Blink, he'd meet her for the first time in the next season. The wedding is possibly to Queen Elizabeth, as he meets her first time at the Globe Theatre (his first trip with Martha) and the Queen orders his death. It's not until his final adventure (before regenerating into Eleven) that he marries and implies having sex with her. So the marriage out of order could be her.

It's also possible it means his original marriage to his original family, as he did have kids and grand kids.

sigpic

Comment

Blink was written by Steven Moffat though, so there is a chance he already had the River Song story arc in mind. Or possibly he wrote that line and then thought up the story line from it.

No way to tell really.
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
          Blink was written by Steven Moffat though, so there is a chance he already had the River Song story arc in mind. Or possibly he wrote that line and then thought up the story line from it.

No way to tell really.
          Considering the Doctor never meets River Song until season 4, has no idea what his relationship to her is, no idea who she is, it's really unlikely the comment in Blink has anything to do with River.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
            As if Doctor Who isn't already complicated enough.

Doctor Who doesn't confuse me. Farscape does. There's probably something wrong with me.
            He can speak Asgard in Ancient. He sees Ree'tu but not Jaffa. He worships the Ori, yet is friends with the Ancients. He can feed on Replicators. He writes Stargate Fan non-fiction. He understands Carter's, McKay's, and Rush's technobable. He has ascended more times than Dr.Jackson. He is the most INTERESTING man in the universe. "I don't often drink, but when I do, I prefer Wraith Enzyme."

Comment

The wedding to River Song never happened. Well, mostly...

Comment

Working...
              X