Atlantis instead of the SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    No its not. A first draft of a not produced episode/movie is not canon.
    As opposed to having no information?

Its canon until disproven, thats kind of how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post

No. Its not canon until its produced and then only if the producers say so.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

If the script is canon, does that mean the unproduced story concepts for Season 6 are canon as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
          Prior Daniel didn't make the ZPM. The ship was featured in 10-9 "Company of Thieves" and not seen again until 10-14 "The Shroud." Atlantis "The Return" and "Echoes" aired between those two episodes. The ZPM's installation happened off screen.
          Ah yes, right you are

In hindsight, I was (incorrectly) recalling Jackson nonchalantly saying "we have a ZPM" to Jack, when the exchange was something like "is that wise?" "it's okay, we're cloaked" "cloaked?" "yeah, I made one". Or something like that - GW didn't have my trusty failsafe, the transcript, for that ep

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          I doubt she had been signed for them if none of the other people were. I think she said she would make herself available to do another one in spite of being busy with Sanctuary. I seem to recall a comment by her that she would always make time for Stargate, given what a big influence it had been on her life. And since Martin Wood (producer and director on Sanctuary) was supposedly going to direct the SG1 movie, time would likely have been made for both of them to work on the project.
          That was my impression too

Originally posted by escyos View Post

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          No. Its not canon until its produced and then only if the producers say so.
          ^ what Jelgate said. And re the only if the producers say so bit, the Hathor/s1 Queen eps were nixed (in terms of how symbiotes reproduce/breed) by Brad. He allegedly said to the writers of the s6 ep "Hathor - it didn't happen"

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
          If the script is canon, does that mean the unproduced story concepts for Season 6 are canon as well?
          No, although I suspect you were playing Devil's Advocate there
          sigpic

Comment

i doubt that atlantis would be used as the sgc simply for the sheer value the city holds as a weapon of defense. More likely atlantis took over as the defence platform for earth. Too many risks if someone infiltrated atlantis and caused the cloak to drop and atlantis be exposed
            sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

One problem everyone seems to overlook is the Pegasus model gate on board Atlantis. If you will recall, a Pegasus model supersedes a Milky Way model when in close proximity. Being that a Pegasus model is now sitting safely outside of San Francisco Bay, the gate in the SGC would be rendered offline for the duration of Atlantis' stay on Earth. This would force either a relocation of the new gate to Cheyenne Mountain, or of gate operations to the newly arrived city.

Another ZPM not mentioned above was powering Atlantis at one point. That one was drained while returning alternate McKay to his parrelel universe and shutting down the universal bridge.

Comment

Or a dismantling of the Pegasus gate. Its not hard to do as we have seen in the past
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

That's possible, as it only takes removal of a crystal or two.

Comment

Doesn't the gate still work with the DHD dismantled?

Comment

Good question, but for a Pegasus model I'm not sure an easy answer exists.

Comment

replace the atl gate with the SGC gate
                        sigpic
                        Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

All they'd have to do is swap stargates. Teams come and go through the superior Pegasus stargate while the SGC's Milky Way stargate acts as a backup stargate in Atlantis.

Comment

You would also want to add a DHD. Being that the SGC dialing computer was designed to function with an older model gate, problems could arise by using the two systems together. A Pegasus DHD could easily be picked up to avoid any problems.

Comment

Working...
                            X