Atlantis instead of the SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis instead of the SGC

When Atlantis landed in SF would they have moved the personnel and resources of the SGC to Atlantis and left Cheyenne to N.O.R.A.D because of the obvious advantage that Atlantis has
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

This is what I assumed would have happened. With the movie script shelved, there's nothing to contradict this unless you read the novels.

Comment

Shelved or not, what we know is still canon.

Atlantis was moved to the moon and then back to Pegasus.

Comment

With the ZPM's empty how was it going anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post

No its not. A first draft of a not produced episode/movie is not canon.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

We don't know this for sure. There was never a legitimate script for anything like Atlantis going back to Pegasus, other than the little tidbits Joe Mallozzi put in his blog. I don't call that canon.

What we know of canon is what we saw at the end of EatG, and anything beyond that is pure speculation, and what Snowman37 said about the novels.

Comment

Shelved or not, what we know is still canon. Atlantis was moved to the moon and then back to Pegasus.
              I don't acknowledged unfilmed scripts as part of the saga.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              No its not. A first draft of a not produced episode/movie is not canon.
              Bingo!

Originally posted by unknown_k View Post
              With the ZPM's empty how was it going anywhere?
              I don't think they were drained completely. Didn't Todd fork over two ZPM's to form a triad with the ZPM Sheppard's team stole from Asuras two years prior? Anyway, I think it's safe to assume that the city still has enough power from the ZPM's to run the city, just not enough for flight. That's how the episode seemed to play out.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              We don't know this for sure. There was never a legitimate script for anything like Atlantis going back to Pegasus, other than the little tidbits Joe Mallozzi put in his blog. I don't call that canon.
              There's a video on YouTube where Joe Flanigan is being interviewed. One of the questions is about the Atlantis movie, and he suggested that there were no plans to do the movie. If there were, no one ever contacted him about it. Going on that, do we really know there was a script, or was Joe Mallozzi just teasing people so they'd watch SGU in anticipation of a movie that wasn't going to happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                There's a video on YouTube where Joe Flanigan is being interviewed. One of the questions is about the Atlantis movie, and he suggested that there were no plans to do the movie. If there were, no one ever contacted him about it. Going on that, do we really know there was a script, or was Joe Mallozzi just teasing people so they'd watch SGU in anticipation of a movie that wasn't going to happen?
                I'm pretty sure the bolded was the case.

I saw that youtube video of Joe and found it interesting. I have to wonder, though, if there ever was an SG1 3rd movie script, since none of the SG1 actors were ever officially contacted about being in it, if I remember correctly.

Comment

I don't acknowledged unfilmed scripts as part of the saga.
                  Neither do I. Nor books, even if they are approved. Everyone's milage will vary though

I don't think they were drained completely. Didn't Todd fork over two ZPM's to form a triad with the ZPM Sheppard's team stole from Asuras two years prior? Anyway, I think it's safe to assume that the city still has enough power from the ZPM's to run the city, just not enough for flight. That's how the episode seemed to play out.
                  Lifted from GW's transcript of EatG:

MUCH LATER. ATLANTIS INFIRMARY. John is standing at the foot of Ronon's bed.

SHEPPARD: Well, how're you feeling?

DEX: I'm ready to get out of here.

SHEPPARD: Take your time. The city's pretty banged up. Even with the ZeePMs we're not going anywhere for a while.

DEX: And when they've fixed it, d'you really think they're gonna let us take it back to Pegasus?

SHEPPARD: I'll make sure you get home.

DEX: This is my home.

My impression when watching the ep was that the city had suffered battle damage and was in need of repairs, but it still had power. After all, they've managed to fly it on one ZPM before (yes, yes, it drained a lot of power, but by that stage they still hadn't fixed the broken conduits). Of course any movie could've altered that with the stroke of a pen

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  I'm pretty sure the bolded was the case.

I saw that youtube video of Joe and found it interesting. I have to wonder, though, if there ever was an SG1 3rd movie script, since none of the SG1 actors were ever officially contacted about being in it, if I remember correctly.
                  That said, it's possible there was work done on the movies, but it hadn't gotten to the stage of securing the actors.
                  sigpic

Comment

Were there not 3 ZedPMs left after the Replicators took over the city and weren't 2 sent back to earth?

Comment

Originally posted by melodysparks View Post
                      Were there not 3 ZedPMs left after the Replicators took over the city and weren't 2 sent back to earth?
                      That was back in S3, after the events of The Return I & II. By the time of Echoes, they had already been sent back to Earth - one for the Antarctic Outpost (the weapons platform) and one for the Odyssey (although given that it already had one, I'm not sure why they gave it another one - I'm a little fuzzy on the end of SG-1's s10). So from Echoes onwards, they only had one. It got drained in Adrift/Lifeline, but replaced with a stolen one from Asuras in Lifeline. In EatG, Todd supplied them with two fully powered ZPMs, taking their tally to three
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                        Neither do I. Nor books, even if they are approved. Everyone's milage will vary though
                        Books count so long as they don't contradict the show. With the Atlantis movie shelved (if there really was a script), the books might as well be canon.

My impression when watching the ep was that the city had suffered battle damage and was in need of repairs, but it still had power. After all, they've managed to fly it on one ZPM before (yes, yes, it drained a lot of power, but by that stage they still hadn't fixed the broken conduits). Of course any movie could've altered that with the stroke of a pen
                        Bingo.

That said, it's possible there was work done on the movies, but it hadn't gotten to the stage of securing the actors.
                        Didn't Amanda Tapping say she had signed on to both movies? Honestly, I don't think there was any work done beyond completed scripts.

That was back in S3, after the events of The Return I & II. By the time of Echoes, they had already been sent back to Earth - one for the Antarctic Outpost (the weapons platform) and one for the Odyssey (although given that it already had one, I'm not sure why they gave it another one - I'm a little fuzzy on the end of SG-1's s10). So from Echoes onwards, they only had one. It got drained in Adrift/Lifeline, but replaced with a stolen one from Asuras in Lifeline. In EatG, Todd supplied them with two fully powered ZPMs, taking their tally to three
                        The Odyssey's ZPM was first mentioned in "The Shroud" which aired two months after "Echoes."
                        Last edited by Snowman37; 08 January 2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Books count so long as they don't contradict the show. With the Atlantis movie shelved (if there really was a script), the books might as well be canon.
                          I suppose *shrugs* I've just never considered the books canon because not everyone reads them. But with that logic, one could say that not every ep of the show is considered canon

Didn't Amanda Tapping say she had signed on to both movies? Honestly, I don't think there was any work done beyond completed scripts.
                          I'm a bit fuzzy on that now too (it's been a while) but my impression at the time was that she'd agreed in principle to do them, rather than actually put pen to paper. Sort of a "yeah, sure, I'm up for more Stargate" rather than physically signing a contract.

I would also be surprised if they'd gotten further than the script with the regular cast (AT was probably the exception because they probably still see her) because that was about the time that they ran into money issues

The Odyssey's ZPM was first mentioned in "The Shroud" which aired two months after "Echoes."
                          Ah yes, the ZPM that Prior Daniel made out of thin air. This from GW's transcript of Echoes:

McKAY: I know, but if we hope to persuade Stargate Command ...

WEIR (stopping and turning to face him): OK. So tell me. Who would you deprive of the other ZeeP.Ms? The Antarctic outpost?

McKAY: Well, no, because they need it to power the Chair to protect Earth.

WEIR: OK, how about the Odyssey, then? They’re getting the other ZeeP.M. to help them in their fight against the Ori. Rodney, we have enough power now to raise the shield and cloak the city and dial home. Please, can you start seeing the glass as half full?

McKAY: Well, you mean one-third full.

WEIR (sternly): No more emails.
                          It begs the question - where did the ZPM go? The Odyssey didn't have one until Prior Daniel 'made' it. Did it get lost in the mail?
                          sigpic

Comment

Prior Daniel didn't make the ZPM. The ship was featured in 10-9 "Company of Thieves" and not seen again until 10-14 "The Shroud." Atlantis "The Return" and "Echoes" aired between those two episodes. The ZPM's installation happened off screen.

Comment

I doubt she had been signed for them if none of the other people were. I think she said she would make herself available to do another one in spite of being busy with Sanctuary. I seem to recall a comment by her that she would always make time for Stargate, given what a big influence it had been on her life. And since Martin Wood (producer and director on Sanctuary) was supposedly going to direct the SG1 movie, time would likely have been made for both of them to work on the project.

Comment

Working...
                              X